1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

Harden as the number 1 option - good but meh. Harden as the number 2 option making plays for his number 1 and number 3 ..... watch out..

Ramo$e and DaDakota like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Harden is playing like the number one option. He's their best offensive player.

ksny15 likes this.
  3. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

I heard him also say "Texanasiafan is a low ball IQ poster"

jiggyfly and HP3 like this.
  4. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

You're going to be dead wrong

peleincubus likes this.
  5. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

You don't get it... In the NBA when you sign a contract you're really just signing to play basketball for a set amount of money for a set amount of years.... Just as teams can trade players they've signed mid contract... Players can request trades mid contract.... In some cases teams have more leverage and in others... superstars have more leverage.

You sound like an ignorant casual.

6. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Those elite Harden offenses have gone pretty far in the playoffs and they didn't have multiple stars on them like he does in BK... It's as if you're not even trying to think critically.

Patience likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

our most impressive series was the 18 WCF and that series got to 7 because of our defense, not our offense as there were multiple games we won while scoring under 100.

The Rockets have bigger drop offs in offensive ratings from reg season to playoffs relative to most other playoff teams under the Harden era. That offensive style just doesn't translate well in the playoffs.

8. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Funny cuz if you've been paying attention... In most of his games as a Net... Harden has been the #1 option

HP3 and steddinotayto like this.
  9. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

just because he is the primary ball handler doesn’t mean he is the #1 option. Since joining the Nets, Harden is 3rd in shot attempts behind KD and Irving, and he’s not that far ahead of Joe Harris in attempts.

Ramo$e likes this.
  10. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

You're missing the point and moving the goalpost as this was highlighted in your original comment.

Our offense was without a doubt elite in the playoffs and elite in those playoffs... Instead you're only mentioning the series in which our other star went down and was unavailable for the last two games... There's no doubt the Nets offense will be elite in the playoffs... The question is will their defense be decent enough.

BREAKING NEWS... Durant didn't come through and deliver in tight games to close series or win a ship until he was playing with multiple star talents himself... It's a lot harder to press, double, and harass a superstar player when he's playing alongside another superstar or multiple stars who are more capable of making you pay in a variety of ways.... It's as if you're being willfully ignorant to that fact.

HP3 likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden’s gonna fck around and lead the league in assists again isn’t he

that would be 3 scoring titles and 2 assist titles...he’s also lead the league in free throws made and 3 pointers made

He is the most unique offensive weapon in NBA history.

12. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

I'd agree that every primary ball handler isn't the #1 option, but I'd also disagree with every leader in FGA being the #1 option....

That's why I said in most of his games as a Net so far.... If you just go by shot attempts that doesn't tell you the full story and yeah KD still will likely lead the team in PPG and FGA for the season.
    I'd say Harden has been the #1 option in 4 of the 7 games he's played so far.

I'll be more specific... Harden has been the primary ball handler yes, but he's also been the one creating and producing the most offense/points on the team overall.... He's also the one making the most decisions and generating the most offense whether it's scoring or assists down the stretch of the games played so far... So that's why I'd say he's been the #1 option at least to this point and that first game against Miami is more of the exception and not the rule I'd wager as the season continues.

#1252 Air Canada, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    HP3 and Crashlanded19 like this.
  13. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

If you look at every statistical category... Harden has led the league in more categories than any other player in NBA history.

14. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Everything you described describes a primary ball handler. And he is playing in a system which places great responsibility on the primary ball handler. But watching the games, the first option he looks for is generally KD, which to me makes KD the #1 option.

I would say that Harden has made himself the 3rd option after KD and Irving, but most Nets fans (like me) wish he would make himself the 2nd option. Having said that, based on what we know about Irving, not sure how Irving would react to being the 3rd option...he might be accepting of it at first, but I could see down the stretch him pouting about that. So far, I have been happy with the maturity Harden has shown in deferring to KD and Irving...I believe that deferral is genuine and not something where he will pout about down the stretch.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Lol.. I don't think you get it. If you understood my post, I am essentially saying why should Harden be held to a higher standard than the average joe because he makes a ton of money to play a sport that he presumably loves? If you acted like a b**** and decided not to show up to work because you don't want to be there, would you still expect to receive a paycheck? How in the hell is that an "ignorant casual" mindset? It is reality dope.

16. vick

vick Member

A little revenge from previous years. Rockets 118 to Portland 110. I am 70 years old. Will a title before i die. Go Rockets.

Communist and DaDakota like this.
  17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he his th most efficient that's why he's trusted with the ball

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Harden is Nash and Stockton in a Ron Artest body and athleticism..

Ramo$e, vlaurelio and RustyHarden like this.
  19. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

This shows you don't get it....

You said this...

As I said... In the NBA when you sign a contract any NBA team can acquire your contract... You're only obligated to play a set amount of years for a set amount of money... That's your obligation... And just as any GM can trade, buyout, or waive a player.... A player(if they have leverage) can request a trade.

That's the business.

Harden didn't sit out any games so your analogy is also ️ trash... An organization isn't a b**** for trading a player without their acknowledgement to a team they don't wanna play for.... And a player isn't a b**** for requesting to be traded to another team.

This is why I said you're acting like an ignorant casual.

20. Lovemachine2000

If Harden had the shot selection of Nash and Stockton, he would be a literal basketball god, scoring 26 PPG with 12 APG while shooting 50/40.

Ramo$e likes this.