1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

There is definitely a lot of guess work going on for the reasons Harden wanted out.

I'm sure it had a lot to do with Kyrie only being available part time, but I think other reasons such as KD being injured and Harris being injured along with the change in offense style with MDA's departure and roster (more defensive players) changes were equal or larger factors.

For whatever reasons, Harden wasn't happy with the Nets team and his fit this season, but regardless of the Kyrie situation, a healthy KD + Harden, Mills, Harris, Claxton, Aldrige etc was a definite threat to win the title.

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lessss go Benny!

red5rocket, i3artow i3aller and B-Bob like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am beginning to think Harden had an exit plan worked out, and it involved him going to Philly next year anyway, but it would be with a championship or 2, so the backlash would have not been as great.

I think he cut his losses early, and he let Morey know that he was ready to go.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am kind of amazed that
    universally people believe
    Kyrie and Ben >>> Kyrie and James

Rocket River

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Ben Simmons' Brooklyn Nets.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Reinforcements have arrived

Get KD, Kyrie, Ben, Joe back

red5rocket likes this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

exactly. khairee and jems beat a prime gsw for the chip

Asian Sensation likes this.
  9. HardenVolumeOne

petition to change thread title to "Ben Simmons Brooklyn Nets"

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That shows you how much people really don't like Harden.

Can you imagine if Harden did what Simmons did in the playoffs and then just refused to play the next year?

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So is that small portion of Chicken Curry.....

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kevin Durant Initially Resisted James Harden Trade, Pushed For It At Deadline

Kevin Durant was reluctant for the Brooklyn Nets to trade James Harden at the deadline, but faced the reality of the situation and gave his approval.

"KD didn't want to get rid of James," one person familiar with the two superstars said. "But he knew it was over."

"Kevin was like: 'F--k it. James isn't bringing s--t," another figure with knowledge of Brooklyn added. "I don't think that would have happened without Kevin making that decision."

Durant called Sean Marks on Thursday morning on the trade.

Durant was one of the members of the Nets who were skeptical of the severity of Harden's hamstring injury. Durant initially resisted the idea of trading Harden for Ben Simmons, but Harden's actions changed his mind.

"Kevin's the one that pulled the trigger with this," another source with knowledge of the situation said. "Kevin's the one that said, 'Do this deal.' There was growing concern that this entire season would be lost and then they'd lose James for nothing."

The relationship between Durant and Harden began to sour as early as training camp. Durant was disappointed by Harden's conditioning and his decision not to sign an extension.

"Kevin and James had a cold war going for the last several months that made everyone miserable," one person with knowledge of the situation said.

Durant held out hope that Harden would be at his best with a championship at stake.

"Kevin always had a hope that this situation could get better," one source close to Harden said.

After telling the Nets he wanted to stay, Harden finally voiced his preference to be traded to the 76ers during the week of the deadline. Harden was at Brooklyn's game on Tuesday and then flew to Houston on Wednesday for a night of clubbing on the eve of the trade deadline.

#8692 J.R., Feb 15, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
    B-Bob likes this.
  13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don't think when Harden signed up to join Durant and Kyrie that the expectation was for him to carry the team for long stretches at a time. Like that's no different than when he was in Houston. Some might say "Well that's what the great ones do!" and they'll be right but when your two best teammates aren't available for weeks or months at a time and you're having to carry a bunch of replacement level players ......

On the flip side Durant should have know what he was getting himself into when he wanted Harden to come to Brooklyn. Conditioning? In the offseason? Harden??? Where the hell has KD been for the last 6-7 years?

14. i3artow i3aller

15. Asian Sensation

All that pretty much goes out the window since he was successfully able to convince KD to leave a dynasty and join him a few weeks later.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

#8697 J.R., Feb 15, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

DreamShook and Os Trigonum like this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is a terrible hit piece, he was out of shape because he had torn his hamstring and still tried to play in last year's playoffs.

What person that is close to James would say, "that certainly sounds like James".:rolleyes:

And then you got the obligatory night of clubbing dagger thrown in for good measure, they brought back all the hits.

And once again no mention of Kyrie anywhere, like harden just upped and decided one morning he did not want to be in Brooklyn anymore.

Seems to me that Durrant is orchestrating this stuff to deflect from the fact he is the prime Kyrie sponsor.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really hope it works for Simmons, I really do

DreamShook likes this.