1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I hear ya.

Because The real question is when will the Rockets organization build a Champion?

Dream’s Rockets won a series vs the now defunct “Seattle SuperSonics “ in 1997, and after that the Rockets won 1 playoff series in the 15 years to follow before Harden got here.

If these no nonsense “real” Rockets fans are truly “championships or you’re a worthless bum”, where is the hate for the 15 years of ineptitude?

You should absolutely hate / despise Steve Franchise, Cuttino Mobley, Yao Ming, T-Mac, Artest, Scola, Carl Landry, Aaron Brooks, Chuck Hayes, Bob Sura , etc…..Those Rockets teams never got close to winning squat. The Rockets were irrelevant for 15+ years and we have keyboard Gangsters who hate Harden (& follow the cat closer than his alleged “only “ fans), the player largely responsible for temporarily changing that as we are now again irrelevant. But these are the real Rockets fans? Umkay.

If this is the case then you should be pissed at ownership that this is the best that they can do from 1995 to 2022 is all I’m saying. When is it going to change around here? When will the Rockets build a champion? Do these “real” Rocket fans really believe in Silas, Stone and Tillman? Because at the end of the day the Rockets winning a championship doesn’t have anything to do with Fat Jimmy Harden anymore.

#8661 TEXNIFICENT, Feb 13, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
    peleincubus and Rocket River like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is actually more realistic with a superstar big man. I know Yao had to retire due to foot problems.

Given that the paint is a relevant area of emphasis.

There are hardly any dominant bigs left today.

You have to swallow the bitter pill and try again and again unless that big man is halfway healthy.

Someone better than CWood of course.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why do you care so much if they quit or not is the real question here?

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you are fully revealing you are full on MAGA and you brought your D&D BS into a basketball ball thread.

It's amazing that you had so much pent-up inside of you that you needed to unleash about the DEMS in a basketball thread and take up for of all people Kyrie "Freakin" Irving.

You people are really something.

Astrodome likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Because it's about more than Kyrie and if they let him flaunt the rules what does that say to the rest of the population and how it affects others that refuse to get the shot.

I am not saying I agree with this mandate or that mandates should still be a thing but I don't think Kyrie should be given a pass just because he is a young healthy athlete he could be a carrier and give it to somebody else which is the real danger.

I'm pretty sure the shot mandate will be lifted soon anyway when warm weather starts.

BigM likes this.
  6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Sorry, didn’t mean for it to be taken that way. I used Kyrie as a stand in for any NBA player. You are right they can’t specifically give him or anyone else a pass. My point is the mandate itself has run its course.

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Listened to the Dunc’d on podcast this morning discussing the original Harden trade, the recent Harden trade and everything about it.

Some of their takes:

Neither of the 3 main figures of this ordeal are very sympathetic figures, but out of Simmons, Irving and Harden they found themselves sympathizing with Harden the most.

Original Harden trade turned out better for Brooklyn then they originally expected. Talked about how it made them the favorites and injuries and Kyrie were the reason it didn’t work.

Harden in essentially 1 full season of games over the 2 seasons was pretty damn good as usual and carried them to the 2nd seed last year. Mentioning it could have been a disaster if they never got Harden with Kyrie taking his sabbatical and Kd being hurt last year. They didn’t believe Kyrie could have comeback and carried that team to wins like Harden did last year.

Thought the Nets did a good job recouping some of the stuff they gave up.

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Most people should recognize this, except the haters. James was pretty spectacular last season and then he got hurt. Kind of sucks. Kyrie can't carry teams to victories. Despite how much James get shat on by his typical haters, he will definitely carry your team into the playoffs and you will likely be a high seed.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Your turn NY/Eric Adams…Drop ‘em already you cowards

red5rocket likes this.
  10. i3artow i3aller

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

April 11th buddy April 11th

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

So....lock it up?

13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Harden is definitely much better than Kyrie, but the narrative that harden carried the Nets to the #2 seed last year is strange.

2020-2021 Season

Kyrie - 54 games played.
    Harden - 35 games played.
    K.Durant - 34 games played.

Harden and KD missed more than half the 2021 season.

14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Kyrie is a dumbass, but how are the Nets letting him flaunt the rules or given him a pass? Kyrie is losing tens of millions of dollars due to the mandate and choosing not to get vaccinated. It's a stand I don't agree with but, Kyrie is definitely accepting the consequences of his decision/moral stand.

Neither the Nets or anyone else can force Kyrie to take the shot, so they really don't have any other recourse except follow the laws, which they have been doing.

Not getting vaccinated is IMO a selfish and dumb stand, but there are tons of other athletes who are not vaccinated who don't get 1% of the criticism/coverage because they don't work in a city with mandates.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who said the Nets were giving him a pass? My point was if they dropped the rules for Kyrie like the poster was alluding too.

So don't come at me about vaccination vs non vaccination because that has nothing to do with the convo, my point is how many of those other athletes are hurting the team by not being available?

#8675 jiggyfly, Feb 14, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude stop with your covid agenda in this thread.

Take it to the D&D.

You really are going full on MAGA.

17. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

My mistake if you were talking about the media, though I disagree they were giving him a pass. The media has been extremely critical of Kyrie not getting vaccinated and missing games, just as they were with Wiggins and Beal before those two chose to get the shot.

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No biggie.

But now the media is going full force after Harden and not talking about Kyrie not being available because he will not get the shot.

I was listening to a lot of talking heads and podcasts and the talking point has been Harden asking for trade again as if he has been playing with the team that he thought he was signing up for, only one guy talked about how Kyrie sabotaged the situation.

B-Bob likes this.
  19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Agree with moving to D&D so I shouldn't continue it, but to JR's credit, he has plenty of criticism for plenty of different groups and ideologies.

In any case, for bball, I look forward to Kyrie's status not mattering anymore, probably in the near future. As they say in Godzilla: "let them fight!"

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Not saying he does not have plenty of criticism for plenty of different groups and ideologies, but he is certainly a MAGA head who likes to spam random Maga stuff into threads and then not respond.

Not as bad as some others, but he has started doing it a lot, and it has no place in here.

Not gonna lie the most disappointed I have been since joining this site is finding out JR is full on MAGA and likes spreading the talking points around