1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The NBA isn't ruining anything. Nobody is forcing Kyrie to get a shot. That dumbass can do whatever he wants with his body. But actions have consequences, and in this case, the consequence to not getting vaccinated is the inability to play in the NBA. Playing in the NBA isn't a right....it's a job just like anybody else's job. And just like anybody else's job, if your employer decides he wants you to be vaccinated, you either have the choice of complying or resigning. This isn't that difficult of a concept to understand. You (and the people that agree with you) are willfully ignorant when choosing how you want to argue about "my rights."

jiggyfly and Lar like this.
  2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Kyrie didn't like Lebron in Cleveland, he didn't get along with Tatum & Jaylon Brown in Boston and now he needed mental break last year, almost refused to play in the bubble and doesn't want to get vaccinated in Brooklyn. Sounds to me that the guy likes attention. Making max dollars and play pro ball (on TV) for a living isn't enough, he NEEDS these sideshow attention seeking antics to be noticed. It's ALWAYS SOMETHING with Kyrie.

csnerd84 likes this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Just wanted to re-iterate that this is per local ordinances. The NBA is still allowing un-vaccinated players to participate granted they go through the procedures they set out.

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

Employers don't have the right, well shouldn't have a right to dictate what you inject into your body. I don't see why you and vax zombies cant understand that some people still believe in having the right to chose or deny something that could greatly affect their health and or cause death. In any other timeline this would be greatly discouraged and frowned upon. But since it was politicized dems argue non stop about something that they were told to be true and will continue to fight for it and ignore the science for the sake of saving political face.

Irving does have the choice to not work, he is choosing not to. So everyone just stfu and stop pressuring him into this bs.

beardsanity713 and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

All the vax vs anti-vax debate can go to the D&D. This is a basketball forum. Let's talk about how we help Kyrie blow up the Nets so that we can have great picks.

6. Mr Chuck Norris

Isn’t funny how unvaccinated Bradley Beal is able to play at MSG, while Kyrie isn’t.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Isn't it funny how you're either too lazy and/or too ignorant to read up on the rules? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...francisco-enforced-teams-cities-nba-memo-says

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

So basically Harden chose the absolute worst possible location for a super team not knowing that these local governments were absolute garbage and would try and force people into their cult.

This is completely unexpected and could have a huge impact on the league for years to come including that of The Rockets.... Harden is gone....

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  9. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Kyrie doesnt have to work and you dont either. Yes your employer actually does have every right to tell you to get vaccinated. Just like they can tell you when you can come in, what you can say, and what you have to wear. Nobody at starbucks is protesting about wearing an apron. If you dont like it find a new job, start your own business or go be a bum

You can believe what ever smooth brain **** you want but you arent entitled to a job

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

How tf can you compare time shifts and wearing an apron to a vaccine? One that takes no responsibility for side effects or negative reactions? How can you even begin to justify this? An employer should never decide on the health of a person, its ludicrous that you would comply with something so foolish and irresponsible. No one should be forced to look for a different employer based on if they are vaccinated or not. It goes both ways.

If this has a negative effect on someone like it has for many people around the world does the employer take responsibility? Are they liable? Big pharma sure isn't taking responsibility so why would an employer take responsibility for a vaccine they are forcing their employees to take? Have you heard about Cuba? You would absolutely love it there!

11. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

As an employee its not about about your health. Nobody is forcing you to work their. Every company has a standard to uphold and if you dont want to comply with it thats on you. We get you are very very woke and very deep in the antivax conspiracy hole, but the reality is most people believe the vaccine does more good than harm.

Have you heard of LA? Im sure they have a spare bench for you to sleep on

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

I'm very woke? I think you don't know what that is.... I'm not antivax either, the vaccine is potentially the first weapon against Covid and still absolutely an option. While its effectiveness and creation method can be questioned it is still viable, it is not a cure. It is not the going to turn back time to 2019, it is not going to rid us of masks. It is also too early to tell what these vaccines will do long term, hopefully absolutely nothing. Hopefully they present not a single problem years down the line but they are currently presenting problems in days.... Still, a small risk to take in my opinion. But a risk some should not be forced to take. I just don't get why you want to force people into it in order to work and provide for their families. People with the vaccine can get Covid, spread Covid and die from it.

LA? Dude, you are perfect for that city.... Alongside New York and any dem woke state and city. They would love you. You believe any bs they say, support big pharma. Support critical race theory BLM and Antifa. Its likely you double mask even in your own car or outside and had to wait in line for your second dose of moderna.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  13. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

lmao you understand there is no "cure" for most diseases right? This is not resident evil. A vaccine is as good as its going to get. Stop trying to sound smarter than you are. Youre not that guy

Where are you getting the idea anyone is forcing you to do anything? You can do what you want. Work where ever you want. Go start your own business with no vaccine policy. Just dont expect someone to HAVE to hire you. This is america remember? We dont do handouts

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. Salvy

Salvy Member

Not sure why you keep hinting that I'm somehow complaining because of my Job? I've been self employed for about 10 years now..... I'm thankful that I don't have to depend on someone hiring me now, maybe I will in the future. You are defending an absurd and pointless movement, I'm supporting American values and freedom. You are trying to turn this country into who knows what has been fed into your brain.

So yeah, a vaccine is as good as it gets. When the vaccine has been tested for a long time and proven both effective and safe. Why are you trying to argue this? I'm not trying to sound smart, its logic dude. The vaccine has questionable effectiveness and is causing harmful side effects... Believe what you want.

Back to topic, Harden needs to chose carefully on his next super team. Time is not on his side....

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'll be relieved when we get to the Omega variant and the antivax cowards finally...go silent.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude are you still on that bash Harden at any chance BS.

You need to update your troll game.

Why do you still care about what Harden should and should not do?

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

LMAO, imagine wanting to be right so bad you wish for a virus to kill people off for not agreeing with your politics. That's a sad state to be in. Good
    I'm a Harden supporter, I want him to win a chip and dominate in the finals.... His best chance is a super team, not sure why you say I'm bashing Harden?

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

LOL.

You must think I just started posting here.

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

There is nothing I have said about Harden that is not true, because Harden has flaws and some don't want to accept them does not make me a Harden basher. I've been saying for a long time Harden is an incredible regular season player..... Where is the bashing in that?

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member