1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Jalen Green OnlyFan

google irony and tell me how what I said is ironic

2. Salvy

Salvy Member

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Do they still watch/follow the Rockets?

5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You. Calling people clowns.

I'm not surprised it's lost on you.

vlaurelio likes this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

My older one became a Lakers fan. :mad:

The younger one is a casual fan, but Harden and Chris Paul are two of his most hated players. LOL. (To be fair, he also hated Kobe.) After both CP3 and Harden were traded, he told me he could root for the Rockets again!

I am a bit ashamed that neither of my boys are hardcore Rockets fans. :oops: But they know I am and sometimes buy me Rockets stuff for my birthday.

7. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Harden’s exit was horrible and he got his karma later that season with the hamstring injury. That said, he was amazing in his time here and I’ll always be a fan. I hope he gets his ring in Brooklyn and balls out. I’ve seen him get better and better even in the playoffs so I feel like I’m invested in his journey.

Also very excited for the Jalen Green show. Should be a good season !

Ramo$e and Jalen Green OnlyFan like this.
  8. Jalen Green OnlyFan

That doesn't fit the definition of irony.

Try again.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I'm confused about this. MDA replaced by rookie coach Morey replaced by rookie GM, defensive anchor Covington let go, Westbrook traded for Wall, Boogie signed Wood signed

all those screams rebuild right?

isn't it natural for a top 5 player in his prime when the team he's on decides to rebuild that he demands a trade to a contender none the less?

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

But.... It does.

"A literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions is clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character"

Since you're well.. not up to the standard of the rest of us I'll spell it out for you.

'Character' = you

'Words' = clown

'clear to the audience' = clear and very obvious to Clutchfans

'although unknown to the character' = your cluelessness about being the actual clown

Now, I know it can be embarrassing to be called out. Hell, even more so when you try to be smart in return but get put in your place emphatically (since you don't comprehend things, this is what is happening right now)

Just try to be better, please.

DatRocketFan, vlaurelio and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Yeah this is a stretch

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

so the anthony is an idiot coach and/or hardon is uncoachable

14. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Sure, but these guys are under contract. Every time someone whines and moans about wanting out despite under contract, I consider that to be horrible. If they didn’t want to be in that situation, then they should have thought about that before signing long term deals.

Ramo$e and Jalen Green OnlyFan like this.
  15. vlaurelio

so you expect harden to either accept being a tank commander or he deserves to be injured?

and what if rockets decided to trade him, its all good? of rockets deserve something bad to them

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

Was there a clause in the contract that states that if Houston was to rebuild it is waived? No longer valid if Houston makes a trade you don't like? Please, you are acting like Houston traded away two megastars and a great coach....

They replaced Wall for Westbrook and as bad as Wall is I can't possibly see Westbrook as an upgrade.. Its a wash, Covington for Wood? Give me Wood any day.... We lose defense but gained offense and what could have been a killer pick and roll duo... If anything, the incoming players were a slight upgrade...

Truth is, Harden was not reaching the finals with Westbrook, MDA, Wood or Covington.... He needed some superstars to take attention off him in the important moments where he shrinks. No matter what, Harden was going to leave. He just chose to do it in the worst fashion possible. Like I said, he struck out last year.... If he does not get the chip this year, it was all for nothing and while he can continue chasing it. Houston was forced into the absolute worst position possible.

No, because Houston was rebuilding does not make it ok. You stick to the contract and if Houston behind closed doors wants to negotiate a good suitor that year or this year that puts us in a great position for the future then that's fine but he botched it....

He wanted Brooklyn, and you know what... That's fine... He got it, now lets see it. In the end, we were okay... We have some badass young talent. But now, lets see it James... I want to see him lead Brooklyn, not defer to Durant and then say " I wanted to get everyone involved"... Nah, I always thought he was better than Durant and Irving... He got what he wanted, what he needed in help. Will he rise up? Or is an excuse already being written for the 2021 season...

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

yes because he’s under contract. That’s how contracts work. Not sure why this is a surprise.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Lol Nice to get confirmation but this was the worst kept secret. Also why Rockets got lost at the end of games with bad decisions.

19. vlaurelio

so teams too right?

so John wall deserves an injury in your book right?

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

At no point in James Harden’s life was he EVER better than Durant at basketball. Stop.

The guy is gone, Good Lord.

#5640 TEXNIFICENT, Sep 18, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2021