1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

I blame Harden for forcing a trade to a single team, tanking his value and flat out giving up last year. A top 5 year, playoff beast was going to net you what he did from Brooklyn? Houston made that trade because they were forced to, not because it was a good trade.

How could you or anyone have any love for Harden? maybe respect, appreciation and hopes for success but to defend him from actual documented meltdowns in the playoffs. At the end of the day he did his absolute best so that Houston was left in the absolute worst. Maybe unintentional, Houston got lucky with Green.... Stone made some incredible moves in finding talent from nowhere but the way Harden left Houston, it could have set the franchise back for a decade at the minimum. And Rockets fans are cool with it? Seriously, you are fine with it.

If Harden gets a ring this year, and Rocket's don't make the playoffs in a very long time will you still love Harden?

Harden had two years left, he forced his way out before finishing his contract because he wanted to win now. Not tomorrow, now... Year 1 of his force-out came and he struck out due to injury ow w/e you want it to be. Year two is here, if he does not win it all this year the only thing that the force out did was screw Houston.... He did not even get a ring for his betrayal.

Luckily, The Rockets bounced back with an incredible draft night and during the season Stone made some really good moves in finding talent from nowhere. That's a guy I will defend, the one working to make the team I'm a fan of win a chip not the one trying to to kill it....

kubli9 and Jalen Green OnlyFan like this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Based on vlaurelio's post history I'm assuming he is Harden's brother

Jalen Green OnlyFan and Salvy like this.
  3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

no he didn't. he didn't veto the philly trade.

unless you two EXES can prove other contenders aside from Philly were interested but harden vetoed it then STFU with this BS

@napalm06 feel free to respond as well

4. Jalen Green OnlyFan

[​IMG]

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

So you are telling me we only had two bidders for Harden? Yeah the damn short ass list Harden gave to Stone!!!! Philly was an option for Harden but not his preference! He wanted Brooklyn, and even then if Philly was an option what difference would it have made? Simmons would be doing the same thing Wall is doing now. If Harden wanted out of Houston so bad and allowed Stone to entertain offers from the league you really think Brooklyn had the best deal for Rockets interest?

You actually do believe the only teams interested in Harden was Brooklyn and Philly, lmao.... ok.... then

6. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Exactly! Some dudes are Rockets and tryna help the team while others aren't.

That's why I stan Stone and Jalen Green. Morey and Harden fans on the bbs are clowns.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Salvy says some weird crap sometimes too, I'm not backing him up. I'm just waiting for the one thread where you acknowledge something negative about Harden :cool:

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

Its crazy how these Harden lovers just simply feel like Harden was the best thing to ever happen to them or The Rockets.... Like there will never be another Harden in their lives, even thou he ran off with someone else they wish him well and are happy he is happy...

Harden was awesome here, it was a great time to be a fan. I appreciate his time here, dude is an incredible regular season player. But he is not the best to ever play here, he did not even win a chip here... How many Harden games will I watch if Green is playing? NONE! Green is a Rocket, there is justification for cheering him on even if there is a clear bias. Same with Stone, even Tilman! These people are Rockets!

Some just cant let go of Harden, there will be better players to wear a Rockets uniform. Ones that don't set records for t/o in the playoffs or go 2-13 from three when we mostly need a bucket.... Believe that..

RKREBORN and Jalen Green OnlyFan like this.
  9. Salvy

Salvy Member

That's the main issue thou, some people cant acknowledge a single negative about Harden. There can be no discussion when one part is not willing to admit something so clear.

Harden is not even difficult to read or understand, I have always felt like Harden was the best player in the league in his prime. Yup, in 2017-2019 I would put him over anyone. But unfortunately, in the playoffs Harden never did something that told the story of a leader, he did not even have to beat GSW or SA or LA... I just wanted to see him go out fighting, giving it his all... I always expected a big moment, a take over moment. Even in Brooklyn, I've wanted to see Harden take over.... It never came...

10. vlaurelio

accorinding to him he hates harden because harden demanded to be traded to only 1 team which is BS

I;m just point that out so unless you can prove it why are you calling me out?

11. vlaurelio

yeah so who else? or who else did you want to bid?

there are only a few contenders.. and they all regretted it not Harden's fault

unless you are saying a top 5 player in his prime should go to a non contender

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

A top 5 player should have gone to the highest bidder or the option that works best for The Rockets, the opposite happened. The trade was made for the option that works best for James Harden, per James Harden's request. Even if a non contender wanted him Harden would not have ok'd the trade. His list was short, and those contending teams that offered $hit for him are stupid af but then again Harden did everything to kill his market because he had no interest in attracting good suiters he had interest in a trade happening to Brooklyn.

Yeah, there were only a few bidders. But not because no one wanted Harden or was not willing to give somethin up for him. It was because Harden made it clear where he was going and made sure he got there, not a single team had to give much up.... There was no market.... Those few selected put together their half assed packages but they all knew, they all knew Harden was Brooklyn bound.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Harden sucks at recruiting. A man that gifted couldn't bring any superstar to Houston. His best robin was Ole man cp3.

14. vlaurelio

and it's Harden's fault? he is a top 5 player thanks to him. what you blaming him for?

which pkg you whining for??? or come up with one

nuggets - mpj barton harris bolbol 3 firsts 2 swaps
    celtics - jaylen langford 14th pick 3 first
    sixers - simmons maxey thybulle 3 firsts
    heat - herro robinson achuiwa 3 firsts

#5614 vlaurelio, Sep 16, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I just put up a framed Harden Rockets pic and framed pulisic on my son’s bedroom wall. His request which is an 11 year old. I’m going to have refer to some of these ideas and tell him to dislike Harden now.

16. vlaurelio

lets talk when stone and green get to the WCFs

in the meantime just STFU

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

When the Harden news broke out, I said there was no scenario where Houston came up on top, there was no player that would match him. It would have to be Durant or Lebron and possibly Giannis....Other then them, there was no talent in the league that could match Harden. My point is that none of those packages were going to be good for Houston. None, mainly because Houston never got to entertain all 30 teams and that list is the list that Harden provided. None of those teams were going to give up their young core for Harden, and rightfully so. They wanted to add him for scraps as the last piece to a title. Why? Because Harden's attitude and actions took away all leverage.

Are you seriously implying the Harden trade was the max or best offer Houston could have gotten? That if Harden was willing to stick with Houston and put up some big numbers that Houston wouldn't have gotten more? If teams around the league thought they had a shot that they would not offer some crazy packages? Brooklyn, Nuggets, Celtics, Sixers and Heat all offered scraps, because at the end of the day it wasn't about the best package. It was about where Harden wanted to be. There was no point in offering Tatum (doubt he was ever an option) if Boston knew that it was up to Harden to join Boston and not dependent on the package.

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

I don't dislike Harden, I dislike how he left The Rockets. I dislike how he fell short every single time The Rockets needed him to rise up and instead went missing. Your son is 11, he will ask you for Green's picture to replace Harden's soon. Assuming he likes The Rockets...

Unless your son is @HP3, if it is then that Harden pic is staying up forever..

#5618 Salvy, Sep 16, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Oh the irony.

You should really move onto the next stage of the grieving process already.

HP3 likes this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

My older son got a Steve Francis pic and my younger son had a TMac pic when they were in elementary school. They are both grown up and have moved out now. The pics are still in their room. Neither of them cares about the players anymore.

peleincubus likes this.