1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Speak for yourself.

VickMackey and RKREBORN like this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

things make so much more sense. Remember when folks on this board used to root for the rockets?

VickMackey, RKREBORN and Easy like this.
  3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Remember when the Rockets weren't own by a Mafia guy that has a history of running really mediocre businesses.

Ziggy, Jontro and HP3 like this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I can understand this sentiment. I guess the thing is, if you hate the owner so much so that you don't want to root for the Rockets, then you might as well declare that you are not a Rockets fan anymore. (HardenVolumeOne straight up admitted that he's a Harden Only Fan. And that's cool.) I can certainly relate to that. I almost wanted to leave the Rockets fandom when we got Scottie Pippen, one of my most hated NBA players. But I found that the attachment to the team was too strong for me to do that.

What I cannot understand is that Rockets fans being fans of the team would rather root for an ex-player over the team.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I'm rooting for both Nets contending and the Rockets rebuilding.

It doesn't been I bash the Rocket's owner that I don't root for the Rockets anymore

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  6. rockbox

I assume you are browsing from mobile and don't see signatures. Here is my sig for the last year.

"Tilman Only Hater since the beginning of time. James Harden Only Fan since 2021. Clutchfans only fan since Clutchcity.COM"

HP3 likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

because he was only shooting jumpers.

8. HardenVolumeOne

Chris Paul is a nice guy. I really wish harden would have got along with him

9. HardenVolumeOne

I’m in the nba forum, I lived in southwest Houston my entire life till I moved to Missouri city/ sienna in 2009

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Fair enough. You are free to choose who and what team you root for. Coming right out to say that you are no longer a Rockets fan IMO is better than those who are either pretending or kidding themselves as the team's fan.

And I am sure you understand that Clutchfans is a Rockets fan site. The vast majority of people here are team fans, not player only fans, and they assume that those who post here are such.

Jalen Green OnlyFan likes this.
  11. vlaurelio

LOL at gatekeeping in here

HP3 likes this.
  12. rockbox

Life's too short to support a shitty person with a shitty product. Already enough heartbreak with the Oilers.

Jontro and Easy like this.
  13. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Here's the hard truth for the haters, talking about Harden needing to get 'carried' by KD or anyone.

In the 1st round of the playoffs, when James was healthy and the Big 3 played every game together...Harden was the best player on the floor. 28/11/7 on 56% and 48% from 3. Let that sink in. And that was a Harden that wasn't in near the shape he will be heading into this next season.

You can hate and hope for failure as much as you want, but James will remain one of the most talented players this game has ever seen. It is what its.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

hear hear. not supporting a tillmen product as long as he lives. but patrick doooeeeee

BamBam likes this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

How can you not understand that? People like.... PJ Tucker are actually likeable. Current Rocket's ownership is not redeemable. If you want to root for a guy that keeps a tiger locked in a cage go for it.

I love the Rockets. I hate this team. Harden quit, Tucker quit, MDA quit, Russ quit, Tad Brown quit, Morey quit, let me quit too for now. Why should I have to suffer?

Lulz.

YOLO, vlaurelio and HP3 like this.
  16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

To me and most fans, the "team" is not ownership, CEO, or the GM. The team is what is playing on the court. Yes, it sucked last year mostly because of ownership. But it can be good again. And that's what Rockets fans are hoping for, regardless of who the owner is. If they are good again, will you root for them or will you still want to root for Tucker & co. against Tilman's team?

When you buy a phone or a car, do you think of who the CEO of the company is for your decision to buy it?

BelgianRocketsFan and DCkid like this.
  17. Salvy

Salvy Member

Incredible how people dislike Tilman so now all of a sudden The Rockets are a tainted product, yet they are probably seeing this site from an Iphone, shopping on Amazon or gladly paying their mortgage to some really corrupt organizations.

Imagine if they had the same passion of owners towards everything, nah... Just Rockets because they can sit there and talk $hit without ever investing much more than emotions and getting back entertainment but will ignore the corrupt owners and principles of other companies because I want dat phone thou....

Anyone that says I do not support The Rockets because of Tilman is an absolute hypocrite.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. vlaurelio

LOL Tllman ultimately decided to rebuild that's all on him you make it like MDA or Morey or Harden wanted to rebuild

19. vlaurelio

LOL what are you seeing this on? AOL, netscape, blackberry, nokia, atari, commodore?

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I personally like using WebTV.