1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you also need a reverse one because its truer that Harden carried Durant during the regular season... not sure if they even get in the playoffs without Harden...

durants health is suspect and he may be a ticking timebomb...i dont think hes an ideal guy to carry the workload in rs and get his team to po....he better pray harden goes on a diet and stays healthy.....i just love that we have all their picks....they looking good right now...

3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Harden is and will always be a choker. That San Antonio game 6 will always be the proof. He will NEVER be the alpha on a championship team. There are a lot of newer members on here who are probably bandwagon Harden nut suckers to know this.

Salvy likes this.
  4. Salvy

Salvy Member

Oh Harden is absolutely going to kill it in the regular season this year, even him out of shape carried Brooklyn last year in the regular season.... Regular season Harden is MJ good... Playoff Harden is like hmm, Brian Scalabrine...

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

LMAO, an investigation.... That SA game, little did we know that was not a one time thing....I just don't know how Harden can generate such a loyal base, he only plays regular seasons and is nowhere to be seen come playoff time.

hakeem94 and RKREBORN like this.
  6. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Then he forces a CP3 trade, then forces a Westbrook trade, then forces a Wall trade, then abandons the team and city. Rockets offered him a 2 year $100 million extension and still that was not good enough. Harden is a great ball player, but will never be a leader.

Salvy likes this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't think so - the Nets held the Bucks to way lower than their season average O rating, IIRC. It was their offense that went to **** with no Kyrie, a 1 hamstring Harden, misfiring Joe Harris etc.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, maybe one of the reasons their defense improved was because Kyrie was not there.

Harris may be the x-factor. He was so great in the regular season. Then he turned into Ryan Anderson in the playoffs.

Anyway, I think a healthy Harden-Durant tandem can beat any team. Kyrie doesn't add a whole lot to them. That's why I said it would depend on which 2 of the 3. And I wouldn't bet on Durant's health.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Nah they were fine with Kyrie. 2-1 and only gave up 86 in the gane they lost where he got hurt.

I'm just saying for all the "nets defense not good enough talk" - it was exactly the opposite in the playoffs. They held the Bucks to a 105 o rating in the playoffs, (the Bucks averaged 117 in regular season, the Nets gave up 113 in reg season)

The Nets may not have ultimately won, but they didn't not win bc of the reason their critics said

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It could also be matchup. Boston improved from 113 in the regular season to 115 against the Nets in the playoffs. It's not a lot, but it also doesn't show any improvement on the Nets' defense against the Celtics like they did against the Bucks.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

just what you said matchups.. the nets offense was clicking against the celtics and they didn't need be stingy on defense

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. HardenVolumeOne

rather be known as an alleged choker than being apart of the worst cheating scandal since the 1919 blacksox. I could never cheer for harden if he did something like what the guy in your avatar did to get a ring.

Its worthless, and probably will prevent him from getting into the HOF

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Salvy

Salvy Member

Wait no, no no no..... Altuve is a champion.... Just please, don't..... The cheating scandal was bs, everyone was doing it and it was not even cheating.... Just no, Harden is nowhere near on Altuve's lvl for what he has done for this city. Not even close....

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. HardenVolumeOne

nope the disrespect on harden is too much( dude gave his all in houston and tried winning the right way, never had any help in the playoffs unlike the refs assisting the teams he was going againist).

im not over on the astros forum calling the astros cheaters, but these harden haters are over here trashing harden in the nba dish in his own thread. I dont hate the astros at all, but dont dish it if you cant take it

Harden is closer to a top 25 player all-time in his sport, than altuve is in his. He is easily as of now the 3rd most accomplished sg in league history. He is pretty much gonna surpass wade in all of his counting stats in 3 years tops maybe even by next year. Already has wade lapped in vorp, win shares per 48, bpm and is a better playoff performer for his career as well. Their is literally no argument for wade other than he has championships.

Rockets had the 2nd most wins in the entire decade of the 2010's and harden scored the most points of the entire decade

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/30/james-harden-finishes-2010s-decade-as-nbas-top-scorer/

#5394 HardenVolumeOne, Aug 28, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
    clos4life and hakeem94 like this.
  15. Salvy

Salvy Member

The season starts pretty soon, the truth on Harden will come out... I wouldn't mind seeing him take over and dominate... Like in a game 7 in the playoffs type ordeal... I know he is going to be amazing in the regular season again... Its the playoffs thou, bright lights... That's Harden's only weakness..

I'm not sure on Harden not having help, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Russel Westbrook, Trevor Ariza.... Those are some very big names on that list not to mention how stacked Houston was in 2017-2018...

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  16. HardenVolumeOne

dwight howard refused to run pick and roll here in houston, he ran pick and roll with lebron and won a title.

Chris Paul is the ONLY situation where i blame harden( yes im blaming harden for that).

Westbrook is a net negative player( i dont know why he continues to get his plastered on tv like he is some star player.. HE SUCKS NOW).

Trevor Ariza is a solid role player( but we didnt have him in 2019 after the suns offered him a huge contract)

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Salvy

Salvy Member

Would you agree that D Howard, Paul and Westbrook are all better than Middleton?

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

No he didnt. Harden played on an injured hamstring, Durant should have been happy someone was out there to run point. Get over yourself.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Salvy

Salvy Member

So wait, Durant did not carry Harden because of the "injury"... So if someone gets injured they are automatically excluded from being carried even if they were due to poor play from said injury? So did Harden play poorly due to the hamstring yes or no? If Yes, then Harden was carried regaurdless... If No then Harden choked again...

20. Salvy

Salvy Member

@HP3

Game 5, Durant scored 49 to Harden's 5 but nah it wasn't carrying Harden because it just be like that thou...
    [​IMG]