1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

it's actually bucks repeating vs big 2 100% healthy

steddinotayto likes this.
  2. DonatelloLimestone

no, Imean nets even won as is. They were durant's big toe away from icing the game. They almost had it at 0-3 from one possesion, but the playoffs anything can happen and injuries happen each year. I'd take nets over bucks healthy

vlaurelio likes this.
  3. Salvy

Salvy Member

Harden is the only choker that gets the benefit of the doubt every single season on Clutchfans.... Hey he had me fooled too, every single year "next year" when he has help...... Now its if he is healthy.... Aight, lets see.... Cant wait for that Milwaukee v Brooklyn game next year....

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. DonatelloLimestone

Harden is weak minded, he can't win without help...No DoUBt, Morey/Harden/MDA fell short. They'll tell you themselves over and over again, but your rhetoric and hate for one while excuses the budget cuts if only you had the belief and defense of him like you do for some reason our owner who you find to be a victim, like they did for Giannis after his years of choking, like they did for dirk after his years of falling short, lebron, MJ 7 years of losing...you name it. I'm not sure how old you are but Jordan had a harden style reputation in the 1980s that he was statisticalyl dominant but couldnt win that way. It take time, it takes a team...but very few are in the category of what harden has done...very few players goto multiple WCF...very ffew dominate the league adn are multiple mvp contenders. He ain't that athletic,hes a skill player...that doesn't happen by accident...go ahead and google jordan on HArden...the respect is there...no one NO ONE in the league is blaming harden for leaving this situation. He fell short no doubt, we wanted more no doubt, but the team make up I get what he went through bc its under league standard for the other stars.

"
    Jordan liked to belittle Cartwright in the locker room. He’d imitate Cartwright’s unorthodox shooting style with wild exaggerated moves that left many of his teammates trying to stifle laughter when Cartwright was nearby. Cartwright would just look away and blame immaturity.

But Jordan went one step too far that first season. He was angry over the Bulls’ slow start and had already gone to Jerry Krause during the Western trip in November to ask that he make some trades.

“I need help,” he told Krause. Krause explained the Bulls had salary cap problems, which Jordan neither understood nor cared to hear about. So he made some decisions. One was that he would have to do just that much more himself. And to do that, he couldn’t have Cartwright fouling things up, especially late in the game."

Jordan is so damn weak minded, he should've picked up his bootstraps

About 3 hours earlier, in an interview with ESPN radio, Bryant said: "I would like to be traded, yeah. Tough as it is to come to that conclusion, there's no other alternative. It's rough, man, but I don't see how you can rebuild that trust. I just don't know how you can move forward in that type of situation."
    "They said nothing to me about a long-term plan. Absolutely nothing," Bryant told KLAC. "They told Phil one thing and they told me another. Actions speak louder than words."
    And now Bryant, who reportedly has made it clear to the Lakers that he may see fit to terminate his contract in two years, told Smith he wouldn't continue to wait for Buss to build the roster around him.

"Promises made to make this team better have not been kept," Bryant told Smith. "So where does that leave me?"

“I came close to leaving,” Duncan said in 2010. “Real close.”

One thing that deterred Duncan from Orlando was a rule about team planes — that spouses were not allowed on board. It isn’t the first time we’ve heard this as a reason for Duncan’s decision, but Grant Hill retold that story on ESPN’s “The Jump” on Thursday.

“I knew that my talent level here in Cleveland couldn’t succeed getting past a Boston, getting past the San Antonios of the league,” James said.

Can't stand these spoiled athletes...Duncan...what a diva! Asking to accomodate his family on the team plane?! Get real, pick up your boot straps!
    MJ? You make all that money and fame, and you want help?! Do it yourself like a real winner
    Kobe? Wanting help and out after they committed money to him?.....WEAK MINDED
    Lebron..7 years of losing, he just couldn't cut it had to run to a super team, and THEN got mad at the superteam for cutting MIke miller for tax savings and left again...I mean is that a real winner? Can't do it on yourslef? cmon!

These guys need to be real strong midned like Hakeem...He would always stick it through even if the franchise made blunders..

In 1992, Hakeem Olajuwon was suffering from a hamstring injury, however the Rockets saw it as a 'negotiation ploy', to the point they suspended him for not playing when he was cleared to play.

Similar to a story that was reported of Kawhi telling his teammates he would play for them but not the organisation, Hakeem was quoted as saying "I'm not coming back for them (Management)... It's for my teammates and the fans, but I would not like to play for the Rockets next season".

I'm with ya man...these weak minded superstars all want help, all want extra benefits, I mean leonard after winnign rings with spurs still felt betrayed and turned on them?! Spoiled athlete!

With tilman its PROVVE these moves help us, hes a good guy, just misunderstood innocent lamb who accidentally lied too much

with the players? you give up on any of our boys on the court real quick, btu the owner? Cmon...you see the moving goal post about how you talk about harden and then don't realize its just league standard and that EVERY single star with options would leave the way we managed the sitaution...its like new orleans feeling they are victims when davis was time and time again committed and performed, but their best year he said playoff rondo made the difference....the team spoken like you said what difference I can get similar stats from Elfrid Payton for half the price and they did that, They had a worse year than the year before as if almost compleimentary players matter and then he demanded out, as Zion will do bc Griffing F'd it up. It takes an organization to meet the stars to win the ring

I know you don't like the actual quotes and all, but what can I say?

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't see anybody say that it's a given for the Bucks to beat the Nets. I see a lot of people say that it's a given for the Nets to beat the Bucks "if they are healthy." It's funny how people thought the same last postseason. People also thought the Lakers was a lock to win the West.

History tells us that the better team doesn't always win.

BamBam and DonatelloLimestone like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

I actually see someone saying so since yesterday

7. DonatelloLimestone

just this narrative that Giannis is this winner that comes through
    they were down 0-2, one possession from 0-3 and they were fouling giannis to get him to the line like shaq.
    It was that close, he lost his mvp year 1-4 with the same situation

he came through...HISTORICALLY...in the finals, just full respect to the dude, but that shows its nice when a fanbase doesnt rag on them bc they fall short, that they still invest in the team rather than defending owners savings. You only see it here, you only see it from 4/5 guys.

But the tnarrative was different and the margins of the playoffs are small...we'd be talkign abotu Leonard differnetly if he had a different bounce, you just take risks and magic can happen .

Theres definitely doubt that the nets can stay healthy, but when htey are they are almost impossible to stop. its GS 2017 level as @Salvy said...so they are front runners before the season and they have the highest expectations. Kyrie has been injury prone, KD has recently at least, and Harden finally lost his iron man status last year...its a new year just like we saw with chris paul, maybe they adjust. I don't think they're weak like their saying here, those guys are too good, kill on the court no matter what to be weak...they may hve some diva in them...but thats any star. I could see their weakness being in the paint and defense and that obviously matters in the playoffs.

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

Dude, we are talking about Nets and Harden... Not Tilman, seriously? You are going to try and insinuate Harden's colossal failures are due to Tilman budget cuts lol? Cmon, lets set aside the narrative and focus on Harden...

Yeah, many greats have struggled to win it all before actually winning it all.. Lebron, MJ, Hakeem who was with Houston longer than Harden before he won it all.... But there is a clear difference between those guys and Harden, maturity and clear drive on both sides of the court. Those guys were leaders, you can absolutely tell even in their failures they were true leaders. Harden just has not shown this, its not Harden losing every year after a great hard fought game where he fell short... Its Harden totally and completely disappearing, its Harden totally melting down over and over again. Durant/LeBron is exactly what Harden needs in order to win it all... He wont lead a team, there is an issue thou... And that's Giannis, that guy is closer to Lebron/MJ/Hakeem than Harden ever will be. Pure hustle on both sides, leadership even with the odds stacked against him.... Durant will still have to carry Harden like Sam carried Frodo...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. DonatelloLimestone

I hear ya man...Harden fell short...I wanted more for him, he fell short. He tells us he fell short, doesn't deny that he was also the only reason we snifed multiple WCF and first seeds....Tell me when the next time we'll sniff the WCF and have a shot at the finals...you do realize that very few guys can do that

Yes...Look at the guys you mentioned, when their teams cheaped out, they demandd help. Look at hte current last few winners in the league, they focused on depth, team and cohesion to surround their stars right. So yes the budget matters.

How many of those title holders you talking about come back in jan 2019 and see that their starting SF, Daniel house...no matter how you spin it, you're getting rid of a starter and major rotation player is sent home for tax purposes for two months for only an owner benefit of tax while harden is still playing crazy minutes and useage while other stars are 'load managing'? Then a month later, he sees the other starting replacement a journeyyamn forthe minimum who even played traded for nothing but savings again. How many stars put up with their job being marginally harder? And we just discussed how close wins and losses are in playoffs, those details and margins matter. You've gone on about how they don't, you also go on about how facilities ,environment don't matter or add an edge even incrementally only to not respond when you're jsesus tilman HImself said not only do they matter, that ours aren't good enough to be competitive.

on one end you say Durant is weak minded, and now he is carrying the superstar...o_O
    the harden obsession is showing right...isn't that what you say when someone critisizes tilman? people just hate people with a lot of money like harden and any narrative will work...

I don't man, I guess I can take you're word for it...MJ probably thinks harden is soft too

"“I think all records are a sense of pride for the work that you put into the game. So yeah, I’m happy to have it. I’m happy to have it because I think it showcases actually how much you practiced and the effort that I put into it. I think what you are seeing in James Harden is the same thing,” Michael Jordan explained. “He’s not doing this off the whim. It’s something that he’s worked at and he’s perfected to the point where the results are starting to show."

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

Wait so, let me get this straight Harden and team was good enough to sniff the WCF but needed Danuel House and Ariza? So they were good enough to get to the WCF but fell short because of the savings... Nah, let me tell you the truth.... 2017-2018-2019 Houston was good enough to win it all... The Rockets had the team, the depth, the star power. We can speculate trades and injuries all we want and how those could have changed the outcome but the only reason we need speculations is because what did happen was not what we wanted to happen. So what did happen? Harden choked, again. Harden failed to lead his team that by the way was by your own statement good enough of a cast to take him all the way to WCF so what was missing?
    Maybe it was heart Donatello, maybe it was heart...

beardsanity713 and hakeem94 like this.
  11. GOOGOOMECHUCK

GOOGOOMECHUCK Member

LMFAO that pic!!!

Salvy likes this.
  12. Salvy

Salvy Member

Its funny because its true!!!

hakeem94 and GOOGOOMECHUCK like this.
  13. Salvy

Salvy Member

Except Frodo actually had a ring....

RKREBORN and GOOGOOMECHUCK like this.
  14. DonatelloLimestone

Basically you are saying that we get rid of a starter who we play 36 plus minutes...who was our leader in the locker room and even chris paul said so but you refuse to believe it bc it doesn't fit your narrative really and you just read the bos score...he was our top switch defender which was our only edge to compete with warriors and with all that, we came one game and injury from the finals

Then we replace him with....minimums and get rid of those, we have undoutebdly a worse team bc we lost a major minutes...do you think we played him that much minutes bc he sucked? Do you think Milwaukee played PJ tucker that minutes bc he sucked? They aren't looked to score, it just seems you can't look beyond a box score. We just talked about how small the margins are for wins, a bounce and an ijury here adn there and your luck changes, so basically they worsened the margins on non headling players for casuals like some guys on here and then the owner demanded he will teach chris paul and harden how to win and steps on throats...any other owners doing this to elite players?

And then one thing you never answer...the nba is tough, I'm fine iwth replacing ariza, we're in our window but question is what do we replace him with

Thres two options.

A. We resign ariza, just for his contract to keep 'contract alive' that way we at least hve an option for one year 15 million to shop aroudn the league vs literally only singning minimums. One takes a team that got close, had injuries, and lets them at least try to run it back Remmeber, its beyond Ariza he was traded as an expiring for Kelly Oubre that year. There are no guarantees, but like I said with milwaukee or any other champion, none of them were guaranteeing anything, they just took a shot bc they had their prime players an they were getting close, in fact milwaukee never even got reasonably close as us and giannis showed a pattern of choking on the line which wasn't better until the very last game...you would've given up well before them.

option B.
    We let him go and we only have the minimum to play with. Thats it. We thin out our team the owner saves in taxes, but we get incrementally worse while the rest of the teams still compete.

And your basically stanning for option b, take a team one game from the finals..get rid of a starter and say hes not important. Save money
    WHose that help? who are you really rooting for?

You went on many posts laughin gabout the idea that investing in our team, developmemnt, infrastructure like EVERY team small and big markets are doing, and then you stopped mentioning it once your jesus TIlman Literally said we had a terrible facility and hes seen others and we can't compete that way...hell get every excuse for you, but the players the boys fighting on the court our actual basketabll team that got to our most successful spot since Hakeem you are ready to throw away...talk abotu believing a narrative. You make fun of harden...ignore the post about all the other guys struggling multiple times but their fans actualyl were voting for the players/team, not the owners.

I get it, there are all type of fans. Jalen only, harden only, morey only, maybe daniel house only if we consider that woman in florida, and maybe uniquely to houston Tilman only fans....never heard a bucks fan saying the cost for their small market team are too mcuh for their owner and not to run it back bc they lot badly 3 years straight....don't hear suns fans evne touhg hthey fell short screaming about these big contracts and paying for players we literally wouldn't bc they are saying its not worth for sarver....so it seems to be just 4/5 of you guys that just do that. Its gotta be the most amusing and intersting thing for me this offseason on fandom. DOn't get it, but like i said i you had a personal relationship with fertitttas or worked for landrys..then its personal and I would be like you, but otherwise objectively hes a laughing stock of the league and has only hurt our reptuation

and if he does it again, jalen will leave bc stars will have better options and can get max anywhere and hes not going to waste his short nba career on a guy who lies and blames publicly, no one lese is doing that

so yea the owner, the culture, all of it makes a difference. Harden took less money to be there, he had been telling curry he doent wnat to play iso ball, we kept watering down the team and makign that our own efficient option and it wasn't till Jrodan, kobe, and giannis got more depth and talent that they got over the edge.

15. DonatelloLimestone

I gotta say you're favorite quote since you talk A LOT about a guy who is not having anything to do with our team a lot
    Harden "liVeS RenT fReE iN yoUr HeAd" "yOuR oBseSseD" "keEp cRyinG it wOn't ChAnge AnYthiNg in HiS lIfe oR YoUrs" "sTaY MaD"

HP3 likes this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

Tilman didn't make Harden dribble into the waiting GSW defense or bomb a bunch of 3s against the GSW.

Harden never taking what the GSW defense was willingly to give was always odd to me and why he shares the most blame.

beardsanity713 and hakeem94 like this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If the Nets stay healthy they will roll to the finals next year likely playing the Rockets for the championship.

DreamShook and RKREBORN like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Except its not and you're acting like a buffoon in this thread.

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

Durant did carry Harden in the playoffs last year.....

RKREBORN likes this.
  20. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Harden carrying Lil Baby now...to bed

Salvy likes this.