1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No problem. I won't post here anymore. That being said, maybe others should do the same in the Rockets forum when they bash and hate on our players on a fan site. Same thing really.

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

We all know you don't like his playing style but there is no need to diminish how he made other players better.

Everybody acknowledges that even if they don't like his playing style.

jcf and D-rock like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Like Harden the last 4years?

clos4life, jcf, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  4. HardenVolumeOne

lol I will always be a rockets fan. But the bashing of our players on this site is NOT a new trend. I remember when twill used to be called squid. And Terrence Jones was clowned routinely.

I already said if we get cade I hope he doesn’t get threads asking for him to be traded if he doesn’t play well. You have threads right now on our current best player Christian wood with people wanting him traded. The fact of the matter is harden was and is a generational player that can cover up many warts that a team may have. Take him out if the equation and you are left with the current incarnation of the Houston rockets. The good news for us as diehard rockets fans is that cade Cunningham has some of the same traits that made harden a great player. The bad news is even with the worst record in the league we aren’t guaranteed to obtain him

clos4life, Rockets4Life13 and D-rock like this.
  5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Sure, I hated the dribble dribble dribble slow ISO game, and hated when he took like 13 3's on a night he was cold as ice, but also gave him credit plenty of times. That's different than starting a thread of I hate so and so on a Rockets forum, which tons of people did. I always found that shitty.

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I can understand that but then you come in this thread to hate on Harden.

I don't understand that either.

clos4life likes this.
  7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You may not like his game. That is fine.

But to say he doesn't make players better is just silly.

He is one of the top 3 playmakers in the league.

He has a history of taking mediocre teams to playoffs year after year,

And players have gotten some pretty good contracts (House, Capella) just playing off of him.

8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

If this thread hadn't started out on the Rockets forum to begin with I probably never would have. He left. He's gone. I only root for the Rockets.

First time in years I have had no interest in the playoffs really. I've only watched a few min. of a couple games in the 4th quarter to see who won. I'm that way with most sports if a Houston team isn't playing. That's all I ever root for.

clos4life and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Actually, his passes to Capela for the ally oop were some of my favorite plays. Nobody did that better than James.

clos4life and dmoneybangbang like this.
  10. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Harden has never had an issue passing to open guys for 3s... especially open guys that are hitting and he did that with great regularity when he would get doubled, trapped, or on drive and kicks.... Posting percentages here was a rebuttal to nothing and shows a lack of not just watching, but a lack of ball IQ.

Once again... Harden taking twice as many 3s as them makes sense in most instances regardless of the percentage.... Those 3s they take and make generally need to be created as most of those guys lack Harden's ability to get his shot off or make contested shots and also those shots are dependent on the defense and the looks generated usually by Harden.

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Not only do you lack ball IQ... You also lack basic reading comprehension.
    That wasn't a criticism of role players... It was a fact that they lacked that ability and that's in large part to why they play that way.... Most players lack that ability... It's not easy to acquire players who can create their own offense reliably... You typically need stars for that.... Harden creating as he does and other singular playmaking stars/superstars is the best way to win or maximize what you have when you lack that talent level in the form of another superstar or multiple who can shoot reliably or consistently generate offense.... Harden isn't a system player anymore than those guys... You clearly can't comprehend the basics of what you're watching.

The problem with your poorly constructed attempt at an argument is it lacks complete nuance and is ultimately incoherent.
    It hasn't won a championship, but Harden got closer and further than his peers with less relative talent... he also got further and won far more consistently than the guys you mentioned here.

Don't mention BK? You realize KD and LeBron didn't win **** either right until they did a superstar team up.... And multiple in fact... This is complete GARBAGE.

#4991 Air Canada, Jun 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    riko and clos4life like this.
  12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Wow, you sure have a high opinion of yourself to resort to comments like that. I'm done talking to you. Your opinion doesn't matter to me. Find someone else to belittle and act like a know it all to.

#4992 deb4rockets, Jun 9, 2021
    Rockets4Life13 and hakeem94 like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This thread is not in The Garm its in a forum specifically that talks about other NBA topics, it was easily avoided.

clos4life likes this.
  14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

It got moved after it started in the Rockets forum.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

false. This was posted right after the thread was made. This has always been in the Dish from the get go.

clos4life, Air Canada and jiggyfly like this.
  16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

James Harden.

the perfect spare tire

17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

My mistake then. Must have been a different Harden Nets thread. I remember asking why it was in the Rockets forum.

18. dmoneybangbang

I hear ya. I loved Harden and the Rockets but the ISO ball was very unappealing. The Rockets twitter bunch loves to post about insane PPP but turns out the ball is energy.

hakeem94 and deb4rockets like this.
  19. riko

riko Member

Why are you arguing with a bozo who says Curry can play in any system? Curry is an abhorrent playmaker with the ball as evident by his cruicial turnovers in big games when he is forced into a playmaker role. For a point guard it’s pathetic how bad he is as a playmaker.

if there ever was a system player it’s Curry. His only skill set is run off the ball and jack up threes.

#4999 riko, Jun 9, 2021
    clos4life likes this.
  20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Curry is the GOAT shooter and GOAT off-ball player. You don't think he can play in any system? You're an idiot.

Asian Sensation likes this.