1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Not happy to part ways with harden for so little. If we had got an AD or PG haul would have been much happier.

2. DavidJuan

DavidJuan Member

Every player has shortcomings. James is a superstar who can carry a team. He didn't win a ring yet because he played in a great era, against Lebron's teams, and the Curry led Warriors which combined won everything, they were in the finals every year for a while. Even KD had to join to Warriors because he knew he couldn't beat them.

But James stuck with Houston for a long time. And to be fair, the Rockets under the old ownership did their job too, they worked hard to get him help, I don't buy the narrative that it was him against the world, because the Rockets worked hard to adjust the team to his game and put together a team that could compete with the Warriors. But James was always the leader of the team, the main protagonist. I give the Warriors credit, they put together a great team and were a deserving champion, they are the ones who kept Lebron from winning everything every year. And yet the Warriors knew very well that Houston with Harden was their biggest rival in the West. A couple of plays here, a couple of made threes there, and it could have been different, we all know that.

But now, with the way Houston was headed after the ownership change, I get why James chose to leave. I don't like it, but I get it. Now he has his own super team, and now he can get all the help he needs to win the title. So, how can we root against him now, after all that he gave the Rockets? I do have mixed feelings, but when I start watching the games, I really want him to win the title. I don't think that makes me a bad Houston fan.

3. beardsanity713

great points I agree. I'm not here to sway anyone's fandom of a player he's no longer a rocket so I dnt care about brooklyn. People in here act like you gotta go along with whatever they say cuz they spend 100 hrs on here(not you). People can overlook it if they want and act like we didn't watch him choke in the playoffs and that just bc Tilman so incompetent that that just negates all the times dude just simply look disinterested and aloof during important playoff games even when he had help and pre Tilman. My original post was about looking at Rockets draft analysis and highlights on youtube only to find a Rockets search flooded with brooklyn and harden stuff. Never diminished his accomplishments or how great he is but the 2nd greatest rocket ever but rings for another team okay. His Rockets tenure will be irrelevant once he gets a few rings with brooklyn so that 2nd greatest rocket title means nothing in the grand scheme

DavidJuan likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

He set records here, and his jersey will get retired in Houston, so no, his tenure here will never be irrelevant and does mean something.

Air Canada, hakeem94, ico4498 and 6 others like this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If he wins rings as a net. ...does he go into the hall as a rocket.

I think so.

Rocket River

Rock Block and Reeko like this.
  6. HL3

HL3 Member

7. riko

riko Member

Harden was wasting his prime years with Tillman so happy now he is in a situation with a filthy rich owner who has no qualms to spend and seems like an good guy.

Plus now harden has unleashed his best skill set which is his playmaking as his main tool instead of having to be the primary scorer for every second of every game. People are seeing how versatile of offensive player he truly is

jayydela, hakeem94, jiggyfly and 4 others like this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

When has Harden ever been let off the hook around here.

It's very telling that had to include the prima donna thing as well as the no rings.

If you feel this way why are you in this thread?

hakeem94 and vlaurelio like this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The guy who has Westbrook as an avatar is talking about Harden choking in the playoffs.

LOL.

Air Canada, hakeem94 and vlaurelio like this.
  10. beardsanity713

Lmao!! you dudes are hilarious on here. first I dnt have to explain a dam thing to you. I can have my own opinion just like everyone else I dnt have to agree with you you dnt gotta agree with me. He did fail in the playoffs and last I checked had no rings for the Rockets so yeah its just facts
    Its a Rockets Forum for Rockets fans I can be post where ever I feel like it.

&& yes I have Westbeast as an avatar a loyal superstar who exited his team professionally and didn't act out like a child he and JH currently have the same amount of rings and same amount of accomplishments So what??

11. riko

riko Member

Lin fan alert. I wonder how many multiple accounts you have. Puts a beard sanity moniker to disguise his agenda.

12. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Pathetic troll... Westbeast LOL... Our last postseason failure largely rests on his low ball IQ shoulders

13. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

**** I hope so. We know he is HOF all day every day so it’ll be interesting to say the least.

I don’t hate JH, It is what it is and I fully get why he wanted out. It wasn’t an ideal parting of ways but I get it. Having said that if he and the Nets can DENY LBJ then I’m all in.

Rocket River likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

This ain't baseball. He goes into the HOF, he goes into the HOF as James Harden, no team affiliation.

JumpMan and BigM like this.
  15. WestendMassive

This reminds me of the Chuckwagon

FrontRunner and B-Bob like this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yet here you are.

Nobody has to explain to you why they are still rooting for Harden but you continue to ask why.

Westbrook a loyal superstar? the guy that asked to be traded to Houston and then one year later decided to ask for another trade because he wanted his team again?

Wut?

17. DavidJuan

DavidJuan Member

I'm glad that Kyrie is focusing on violence overseas instead of hoops. I'm really rooting for him to stop the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Go Kyrie!

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Harden's averaging around 19/12/8 (rounding up) in 39 mpg in the games he's played so far with Durant and Kyrie.

Will those numbers go up or be about the same in the playoffs?

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

doesnt matter as long as he continues to be their mvp carrying them to wins

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Just enjoying life. Good times

Reeko likes this.