1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Morey and Harden are Teflon don's with some of ya'll. If you watched the body language at the end of the season harden was done with cp3.
    I have no doubt Tilman wanted out of the contract, but Westbrook had a worse contract + they gave up assets to get him. If Tilman just wanted to save money he would use the picks to get an expiring contracts.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

the few folks left that want to believe their own fake narrative can't be helped. Even if Tilman literally told everyone himself.

but yeah harden and cp3 hate each other says these folks.

HP3 likes this.
  3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

HP3 and YOLO like this.
  4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Per MacMahon, Harden has rarely been told no during his time in Houston:

"James Harden has had the right to say who comes and goes in Houston essentially for the whole time he's there. He wanted Dwight Howard, and then he wanted Dwight Howard gone. Chris Paul, then Chris Paul gone. Russell Westbrook, Russell Westbrook gone. He wanted Kevin McHale out, McHale was gone. And we can go on down the list. And like a lot of superstars, he had the right to say what the travel schedule was gonna be. He determined the practice schedule. We got a couple days off, well James wants to go to Vegas, so you're not going to practice that day. ... Coming back from the All-Star break, first practice is voluntary because James needs to go cool his heels a little bit in Vegas. The first time the Rockets ever told James Harden no was, 'No, we're not going to send you to Brooklyn when we don't like the potential trade.' ... Their culture was whatever whim he had. That was what their culture was based on. I was talking to a former Rockets staffer yesterday, and he said, 'Yeah he's going to act up. He's never heard no before.'"

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Harden being okay with keeping CP3 doesn't mean he didn't strongly prefer trading CP3 if the Rockets could get Westbrook in return. And while Tilman has said that he pushed the deal through, we should also consider the likelihood that he did so knowing that Harden would be unhappy if the team couldn't bring in another big name (replacing CP3, if need be). It's entirely possible that Harden was sending signals that he'd make the trade demand a year earlier if the Rockets couldn't bring in a different star.

Remember after that loss to GSW in the playoffs, Harden said he knew what changes the Rockets needed to implement in the offseason. What do people think he was referring to?

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

damn, people really view Blake as a difference maker

I guess we’ll see

8. HP3

HP3 Member

Do you want me to link the Tillman interview because I can LOL.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Sure, but that doesnt mean Daryl coulndt have mitigated the situation. Weve seen numerous people say Tillman and his son Patrick got involved. Daryl had that situation under control.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

And Tilman had the last say he chose trading cp3 for wb, chose not to extend mda, let morey go, tank and hired stone and silas

rockbox likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Was CP3 an allstar or not?

It does not matter if it was a stacked conference, he simply was not good enough that year to make the all-star team.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe CP was saying to Harden: "You got Blake now. I know how it went." :D

13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I dont but at the same time if anyone can get the most of what he has left its james. Blake has to understand he is a role player though and leave his ego in detroit.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

Easy and durvasa like this.
  15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Big difference between "not a very good playmaker" and "inferior to Steph Curry at playmaking". Work on your reading comprehension.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

I still don't understand why they didn't keep Jarrett Allen.

Nets still have to get a legit defending big.

17. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

If you are able to acquire Harden you go all in to get him. Our problem was getting players to accept the money to play with Harden. Apparently nobody wanted to play with him here.

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

but people love playing with him and joining him now. wonder what's changed.

19. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

That could be true. I believe it was a perfect storm scenario. Harden being frustrated, ready to leave but scared to leave CP3 the team. Tilman frustrated with CP3 injury and wanting results for his investment that Alexander promised him. A combination of Tilman supposedly forcing Morey to trade for Westbrook when in actuality Morey did what Harden wanted regardless because he doesn't have spine and wanted to keep Harden happy. Morey knew it was a impossible situation once Westbrook got here the window was closed.

#3419 Ramo$e, Mar 8, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  20. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Nothing....I'm not sure what you mean? Griffin is on his way out and signed minimum deal. Too bad nobody wanted to play with Harden here in his and their prime. Maybe Harden humbled himself and changed his toxic personality? I doubt it.

Perhaps player/media resentment is no longer there because Morey is not there. NBA and Media made it there mission to tarnish both legacies by making sure the man that acquired such a talent for peanuts and at the expense of players being labeled assets, would not win.

Harden to say it's the complete same situation because it is not. Nets big two were in place already. There wasn't one star trying to lure two.