1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. riko

riko Member

No because you think it’s actually more important then actual playmaking. That’s why your delusional. So is Curry better better playmaker then Jason Kidd, Magic Johnson and a prime Marc Jackson as a playmaker? What about Stockton or Maurice Cheeks?

2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

It's not more important than actual playmaking. It IS actual playmaking.

#3122 wekko368, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  3. riko

riko Member

Oh dear lord.

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Tell me about it. You have such an outdated perspective.

5. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Yeah I acknowledged that and everything else which is why Harden's playmaking is superior... You didn't acknowledge most of it at all... Including what I said about his supporting cast.

That's not a substantive argument.

HP3 likes this.
  6. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

@wekko, I don't know if Curry attracts more defensive attention than Harden, particularly regarding double teams. We just saw an entire season and an entire playoff series where Harden was blitzed with double teams. Also, the GMs (or coaches?) recently voted that Harden is the guy they have to scheme the most for - I think that illustrates how much he bends defenses. Curry's gravity doesn't seem to be propelling the Warriors to a top offense this year, whereas Harden can take pretty much any team and elevate it to at least top 10 (or maybe even top 5).

Nook, rockbox, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

You usually have to not have a cancerous personality to lure star players. Crying and getting another star that came to play with you ain't the way to do it. The man moved his whole family to help you. It's definitely take more that Harden in case you haven't been paying attention.... LOL

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Off-ball, without a doubt Curry attracts more defensive attention than Harden. Not even remotely close.

On ball, it depends on the caliber of teammates. Brooklyn has so many quality shooters that Harden is seeing a lot of single coverage.

Because it worked. Double-teaming Harden 35+ feet from the basket forced the ball out of his hands, and we didn't have anyone who could capitalize on it. So why wouldn't the Lakers keep going back to a successful strategy? If playoff Westbrook were as effective as regular season Westbrook, do you really think the Lakers would've continued such an aggressive defensive approach to Harden? No way.

Or it's a testament to how reliant the Rockets were on him. Or they schemed for him because they think he can be stopped.

You realize that, unlike this Warriors team and Curry, the Rockets teams were always (except for his first year with us) custom built around Harden's strengths and weaknesses, right?

9. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

This wasn't even coherent... WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?
    Cancerous personality? LOL... He did get a single "star" to come here on 3 different occasions... Unfortunately they were declining and not in their prime.

Dwight struggled to stay healthy and was mostly a shell of the player he was in Orlando... Harden basically carried the team without him for much of the 14-15 season.
    Cp3 was great his first season, but also struggled to stay healthy and got hurt multiple times both of his seasons here... We also know how he got hurt in 2018 in WCF.... then the following year he was clearly physically compromised and was terrible in the offs and had the worst playoff series of his career.
    Russ got COVID.... then pulled his calf in the bubble and wasn't the player he was the last two months of the regular season... He came into the playoffs late after missing four games and was GARBAGE in the playoffs.... Harden played very well against the Lakers and statistically was better than LeBron and AD... Russ was a huge negative and admitted he was basically just running around lost on the court.
    The year prior in 19... Harden played great against the Warriors and was outplaying KD, but Cp3 was MIA.... Look at the performances of his 2nd options and compare it with the opposition and relative talent.

As I said... it takes multiple stars or superstars to win a ship in this era.... Harden didn't have that here in Houston.

vlaurelio likes this.
  10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Which of your arguments did you expect me to acknowledge?

11. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

You acknowledged none of it except that Harden is a better passer LOL

vlaurelio likes this.
  12. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Ok, then I disagree with everything else you said.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Nets offense and shooting remains unstoppable even without Durant, and their defense is steadily improving

scary hours

14. riko

riko Member

Another efficient 20 pts 9 boards7 assists 2 steals in three quarters . When the Nets were flat in the second quarter harden had a burst and carried to a big lead.

Nets V Rockets Wednesday

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

The Nets (and Magic) were flat to start the game. They were fine in the second quarter.

16. riko

riko Member

Yeah I meant the first quarter.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Perhaps if Harden was passing to Durant/Thompson he would have been doubled less. I dunno

Icehouse, HP3, jiggyfly and 1 other person like this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

LOL.

You still trying to peddle that BS?

19. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

My normal board has an emoticon on the reaction where you can reply with a rep of a middle finger for when someone makes a blatantly stupid, trollish or absurd point. I wish this board had a similar feature.
    the stupid is so strong in this post that it burns. the funny thing is- I don’t even really like Harden all that much. But man he’s a great player and he’s none of the absurdly silly things you keep trying to say he is. I just value and like truth and reality enough that I feel compelled, every now and again, to point and laugh at something exceptionally stupid.
    stop making me do this thing (being a dick on the internet) that I don’t like about myself. Help me by not being a clown.

Nook, Air Canada and HP3 like this.
  20. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Yeah that's not an argument nor is it a rebuttal to anything.... Mentioning this one aspect of Curry's gravity and defensive focus off ball ignores everything else about playmaking on ball.... Which is directly more impactful and Harden is superior to him overall if you look at it in totality. Draymond is actually a key part of the "playmaking" in the instances that Curry gets trapped or "doubled" with GS.

HP3 likes this.