1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

That's my point. You're conflating playmaking and assists. Does Harden draw doubles when he doesn't have the ball?

I know Harden is an elite playmaker....I just think Curry is better.

2. riko

riko Member

Your whole argument is based on some off the ball gravity which harden also has but harden is also a much better floor general and has vastly better court vision the. Curry.

3. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

No thanks, I don't promote or support non Rockets players. Especially if they are doing something somewhere else that he should have done here. But hey if you guys like it, I love it I guess lol

4. riko

riko Member

I know you’re a Curry fan but wow

5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Squint hard enough? You don't think the ability to draw double teams off-ball is a form of playmaking?

6. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

While lacking any sound reasoning to defend that statement. Gravity alone is the not the same as playmaking. Playmaking is the actual ACT of making a play for your teammate.

It's just funny because Harden has both the gravity and the actual playmaking which makes your argument look even dumber then it already does.

Mr Chuck Norris, jiggyfly and YOLO like this.
  7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Harden's off-ball gravity pales in comparison to Curry's. I knew you were a Harden fan, but wow.

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so was Curry specifically game planned by opposing teams like how they did Harden?

9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Being able to draw a double-team off-ball IS making a play for your teammate.

And comparing Harden's off-ball gravity to Curry's is laughable.

10. vlaurelio

lol Curry can be shut down 1 on 1

11. mightybosstone

Harden's numbers through 18 games in Brooklyn:

25/11/8/1/1 on .502/.410/.878 shooting splits with a 25.5 PER, 66.2% TS%, .242 WS/48 and a 7.2 BPM

And Brooklyn is 13-5 in those games, including a 6-1 record against the league's 10 best teams as well as three straight wins against three of the West's best without Durant. If anyone was looking for James to fail, they're sorely disappointed right about now. I don't care if it's unpopular—I hope the dude wins a ring this season.

pgabriel, Mr Chuck Norris and HP3 like this.
  12. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Not when to don't do anything with it though.... I guess its something nice you can out on your resume. People double Curry even when he doesn't have the ball? Lol They don't double Curry like they did Harden in Houston. Full court press. What you say don't even make sense because if Curry could do what you claim they wouldn't be so bad this year and definitely last season.

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Obviously yes. There's a reason that his off-ball movement disrupts the defense so much.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's like comparing apples and oranges. Curry does it with off-ball movement and GOAT-level shooting which warps defenses due to his gravity. Harden does it with GOAT-level on-ball offense generation from the top of the circle. I guess I usually associate "playmaking" more with the type of things Harden does, on-ball.

15. riko

riko Member

Harden gets double teamed regularly? You don’t think so? The argument is harden also has “off the ball gravity “ and “elite court vision and on ball playmaking” and that makes him a better around playmaker. He has a better overall package.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Lol no one is looking for Harden to fail. Just for him to do what said he left for. He put that on himself. He's always great during the season. Let's wait until ECF birth before these silly post keep popping up. Harden is the regular season god. That's not where the championship is won though.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[​IMG]

Nobody cares how you define playmaker because it's wrong.

YOLO likes this.
  18. vator

vator Contributing Member

The thread is getting weird. I'll come back later lol.

vlaurelio likes this.
  19. vlaurelio

yeah so just STFU and wait till the playoffs then

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

There's delusional...and then there's this guy lol.

jiggyfly and YOLO like this.