1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden wearing a Blue Lives Matter mask????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Asian Sensation

Forget about the mask... that hairline is more troublesome. Thought it was Kimbo Slice at first.

robbie380 likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I mean I guess the fact that I know a lot of cops is why I know what that symbol means but I assumed it was well known. Anyways, I mentioned earlier I was pretty certain he just thought it looked cool and didn't understand the implication.

He lives in his own little world. Nothing wrong with that.

Nook and dc rock like this.
  3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

COVID is claiming all of our hairlines.

DreamShook likes this.
  4. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

Lmao this has gone too far . Just stfu and be happy basketball is back

HoustonTexas likes this.
  5. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Bunch of generic profile pic twitter accounts who repeat the same content over and over again for likes and people act like they represent the views of all of america. FOH

Harden's done more than any of those morons to help people in need

#205 HoustonTexas, Jul 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    King1, Nook, NotInMyHouse and 3 others like this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hell, some of us got a jump start on the whole "there goes the hair!" thing. I hate to think of where I'd lose hair if I caught the infernal virus, assuming I survived. Not where it would be publicly visible, unless I dialed back time and went skinny dipping again.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Speak for yourself. My line been crispy since grade school.

Reeko likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The worst part is some (maybe just one) of Rockets Twitter was going in on Harden for the likes and retweets. When we should have all come together to fight knowing Harden doesn't have any internet.

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The thing that Rockets fans should be upset about is not whether Harden wearing what kind of masks to protect himself, nor what his political stand on any issues.

Its the fact that Harden is probably 100% honest about this - which he has 100% no idea what is this about and has no idea about WTF is going on around him. And actually most people will believe him on this, and that's the saddest part.

That's the difference between him and Chris Paul, not about the skills of basketball but everything else.

If this will be wore by Hartenstein and assume he is still in the roster, I guarantee the outcome and reaction will be completely different.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

We care more about this than Harden. I mean the backlash not the movement btw. This has become a classic Harden situation where we out here ready to fight and he's not bothered. any other person with internet (which he clearly does not have) would make a statement when he sees whats going on. Harden asleep

D-rock likes this.
  11. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

12. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Yeah bro, he’s one arrogant poster. Everyone is beneath him, morally and politically.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

careful u don’t reach too much and pull something...

Harden is not involved in politics...the same as many in this country

Twitter will have u believe everyone knew that was a “Blue Lives Matter“ mask when in actuality, most probably had no clue until yesterday. Let’s not act like that mask is some mainstream thing. Y’all want to believe that athletes are constantly reading news articles, watching or paying attention to political topics, etc. If he didn’t know about George Floyd, that would be 1 thing, but not knowing about this mask? Please...

the saddest thing is that this became a big deal...he had no clue like countless other people...time to move on

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Even people that would consider themselves politically savvy had no idea what that mask was. Now I'm curious how he got it, but that would open up another can of beans. I'm glad he wasn't asked that question.

Reeko likes this.
  15. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Well said. The world doesn't revolve around "opinions" from bozos on twitter. They love hyping things up cause they have nothing better to do than cause controversy.

16. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

LeBron probably sent it to him.

House Rockets, DreamShook and dc rock like this.
  17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Saw that picture on Twitter and on the Rockets Facebook page yesterday before hearing about any type of outrage over it.

Neither time did I even look closely enough at his face mask to recognize what was even on it.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He should wear both, side by side. That would be a more powerful message than wearing just one or the other.

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Lebron announced a few days ago that he will NOT wear any "special names" on the back of his jersey but rather just keep James.

A few followed him after.

Is he right or wrong to make such choice? Everyone can have their own opinion.

But does he KNOW why he made such choice, I bet 100% he knows.

See that's the difference, its not about whether which sides you should be in or you choose to be in, its rather about you have no clue WTF is going on.

It doesn't matter he knows who is George Floyd or not, the issue is never just about one person or one black man got killed.

BLM was always there, with George Floyd or not.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wait, so just because he was clueless about this mask means he doesn’t know wtf is going on? Man, just stop. He is not immersed in politics. He is not a master on social issues. He’s not Harden Luther King. So what? That would describe most of this country.

this is so ridiculous