1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Trade Ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Sep 11, 2020.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The sad thing is we have recycled a ton of high quality stars during Morey's time here.

McGrady, Yao, Harden, Dwight, CP3, Westbrook.

Harden has went through 3 duo pairings.

We had the personnel, its going to be incredibly painful past Harden-era, past Morey-era when we are going to be lucky to have maybe one star who might not be at the level of any of those guys in the same amount of time.

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

Trading Harden would only be 0.1% possible if we fired Morey. No chance Morey would ever trade Harden. He would resign before he would trade Harden imo.

I'm actually over Morey and MDA or whichever handpicked coach Morey selects to run his idea of basketball. I'm ready to move on from them before i move on from Harden, but i just don't trust Tilman to do what is necessary. Houston sports ownership is what keeps this great city from competing with other great sports cities which also happen to be large markets. We're the worst overall large market sports city. You would think were a small city in the midwest. We should be looking to hang up championship banners in all of our sports ever single year. Instead, we hang our pride on streaks of just making the playoffs.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  3. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

So we're never getting to finals then?

4. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Thank you! Finally somebody said it! They don't get it. Trading Harden is not the answer. Also for everybody out thee calling for Morey's head. Getting rid of Morey or before getting rid of Harden would be insanity. Morey would get the best deal.

All you can do is hope we can find a athletic center above 6'5 with a shooting touch. Tucker wants another contract but
    I don't know about that.

5. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Leave Westbrook after making a fuss about it? Leave a team to try and play second fiddle to cupcake Durant? I don't think so. I want what your smoking. Must be some good ****!

HP3 likes this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Our pitch to the elite FAs during the off season, post-trade:

Come to Houston to play with Russell Westbrook and Lonzo Ball (or Jaylen Brown or whoever) while waiting to see if any of these draft picks turn out!

Yeah, that'll get it done. They'll be climbing all over each other to sign with us. :rolleyes:

mikol13, HP3 and RayRay10 like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

we’ll just draft a star with the picks in the 20’s we’ll get from the team Harden is traded to...surely Morey can find a Lillard or Kyrie with a late 1st rounder

topfive likes this.
  8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Regardless of whatever happens, I have no ill will towards Harden. Yeah he pisses me off with how passive he gets, but he's still gonna go down as the second best Rocket of all time.

I wouldn't mind trading him to a contender to get him a ring, Westbrook too. I don't know how in the world the math would work out considering their salaries, but yeah.

mikol13, joshuaao and Hakeemtheking like this.
  9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

That bolded part is funny.

Because the entire reason our immediate future is completely f*cked - is because of Tilman's shortsightedness

HP3 likes this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Right? Just the fact that the team in question would have Harden makes every draft pick after that year less valuable. Who wants 4 picks in the 24-30 range? What if the best we can draft with that haul of bad picks is a Capela-level "star" and a couple of bench guys?

If I'm trading Harden, it's a multi-team deal that lands us 1) a budding star, 2) two other starter-caliber players, and 3) at least 4 unprotected first-rounders in the next TWO years from perennially bad teams. Throw in EG if you need to, because it's less about what's going out than about what we get in return.

Chamillionaire, Reeko and HP3 like this.
  11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Reality stuck with westbrook, but he is a great player given he could lead a team still. Denver could very well send Micheal Porter, Barton, Harris to houston with future picks fillers for Harden. Would be start of a rebuild, but houston could sneak in the playoffs with westbrook here. Knicks might be desprate enought to take on showtime westbrook.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

I don't send Harden to Denver unless I get Murray (or Jokic), Porter and picks. Sure, the price is high, but you don't trade a recent MVP for mediocrity.

#52 topfive, Sep 11, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It's depressing that we even have to have this conversation, but the reality is as I've been saying, it'll likely be Harden going to the Rockets at some point asking for the trade. Not the fans or the Rockets themselves initiating.

And I actually think that Harden has been very loyal to Houston & the org (before I get the "Harden would NEVER" response)

My opinion is that if this does have to happen, I would prefer to trade both Harden, Westbrook, & Covington & completely strip the roster down. I would even welcome in Sam Hinkie to do the duty.

I think the Sixers took probably a year longer than they needed to in the rebuild, and they could have added more excitement with young players that were more scoring oriented instead of Jalih Okafor etc. but I think that rebuild shows exactly what needs to happen as soon as you no longer can contend.

I personally would MUCH MUCH MUCH rather root for a team that has some young exciting players than a team that has no draft picks, and has Russell Westbrook as the center of the offense with Robert Covington as his 2nd best player.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The entire reason eh?

Completely ****ed?

Mkay...

15. Downtown Sniper

I'd be more than happy for you to convince me how any of that is wrong.

How about just explaining how our immediate future is bright as a franchise?

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1. Tilman wasn’t the “entire“ reason.
    2. Bright? Perhaps not, more bright than 20+ other teams though. Completely ****ed? Relax...

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I would love to see him get a ring before he retires. He has faults but he has carried Houston since he got here. I can’t blame him for Morey and MDA turning him into what he is now. He once was a killer who would score in multiple ways all over the court. They nurtured him with this ridiculous system and thinking.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If we tank we are only helping OKC cuz they have all our picks...

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

not true

all our picks given to OKC are top 4 or top 10 protected

the only complication is that with this new draft system and all these garbage teams, u can be complete sh*t and still fall out of the top 4 (3 of the 4 picks to OKC are top 4 protected)...see Knicks

so it’s a gamble

Who actually sees Tilman tanking anyways? The Rockets would make zero revenue.

20. Downtown Sniper

Haha yeah you're right.

An ageing superstar who's prime of his career has just had the door opened ready for him to start walking out of.

An ageing superstar who's talent was athleticism, is now on the downward spiral of his career. In a system that is 100% reliant on exactly zero of the things he does well. And completely reliant on the aspects of his game that he is absolutely embarrassing at. Who by the way has an untradeable contact. Unless you attach assets to it. Which we do not have thanks to the owner forcing the GM to use 4 of those assets to attain him.

Tilman as an owner should have explained to Harden why trading exactly what we did to get his buddy Westbrook - is a bad idea. Instead he was wholeheartedly behind the idea because Westbrook was the shiny object which grabbed his attention.

That's not an owner that is good for a team. Add on to the fact he's done nothing but prove he only cares about the dollars in his pocket over what's good for the team.

Yeah i'm laying a hell of a lot of blame at his feet.

I'm still waiting for you to answer how any of what I said was wrong. You haven't even attempted to explain why our future is anything but f*Cked. We aren't a contender. And we have exactly no avenue to better the team. And we have an owner who so far is not willing to better the team if it means money out of his pocket.