1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Trade Ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Sep 11, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sorry, he is a regular season king with several good playoff seasons.

But I never heard of Dirk Nowitzki is deserving a ring until he took it.

Other than from hardcore Mavs fans I didn't hear it.

Either you win it or you do not.

Nobody's getting a title for charity!

He shied away from the moment too many freaking times.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Heat are not as silly as Westbrook in clutch.

Herro and Nunn are future starters and borderline stars.

Robinson deserves a 18 million contract, Ryan Anderson type of money and more because he is the Number 1 shooter in the league.

Lmao. WB can flaunt his athleticism in useless regular season games.

whiskeyred likes this.
  3. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Oh, it's one of these threads again.

4. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Westbrook plus picks for CP3

basso likes this.
  5. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

I do not see Harden getting traded. He is one hell of a player, it's just that he is not a leader and MDA system of small-ball is simply not working. IMO, bring in a new coach, get a star PF/C that can create his own shots inside, bring in pure PG that has decent ability to make 3s, move Harden back to SG, and encourage him to take mid-range and catch-n-shoot shots which will open up whole avenue of his skill-set. He has a solid mid-range game as seen many years ago, but under MDA he never uses it.

The strategy needs to be changed and that will only come with a change in coaching.

Of course, this is all assuming if Rockets get eliminated, which seems likely.

jcmoon likes this.
  6. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Can we wait at least after game 5? This thread has the potential to look silly (or appropriate, in fairness) after this series.

And if at all, I'll try to trade Robin first before Batman :D Who knows, we might stumble to a good Batman fit, play and mindset wise.

joshuaao likes this.
  7. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Another year, another excuse.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

these are the facts.

9. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Even if this were to happen, pretty certain the Heat would hang up the phone. They’re building something solid on their own - come to think about I’m wondering if anyone would want him? Maybe some dead in the water small market or he returns to 6th man glory somewhere (which I kinda think he wants)

10. Rokman

Rokman Member

If only Harden had the pull like LeBron to force superstars to stop being competitive with him preventing him from getting a Championship and could make it so they play ON his team. . . .

Caesar likes this.
  11. Rokman

Rokman Member

It's been 25 years since the Rockets won a Championship and the Rockets have had some pretty competitive teams and several top notch players in that time but still fallen short which makes it all the more clear what a special talent Hakeem was and those squads were in '94 and '95.

basso, Patience, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  12. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Sorry bro to break it to you but Westbrook's contract has negative value.

justtxyank likes this.
  13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Same with 29 other teams...

Patience and HP3 like this.
  14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I understand what you are saying, I wish his fire was bigger in the playoffs. Harden is special, but perhaps our expectations of him are rather unrealistic? Teams adjust and play defense in a much tougher way. In other words, Harden is obviously a great player, but not as great as we expect him to be.

I still want him to get his ring here or likely somewhere else. Since coming to Houston, Harden has made this franchise relevant, every ****ing year. We were nothing without Harden, couldn't even make the playoffs.

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the bubble actually helped the Rockets as a team, I firmly believe that pre House violation.

Players got healthy, defensive rotations got better, communication got better.

If you still can't gentlemen sweep the Thunder, sorry, they're just not great (in Harden's words).

What do you do with a not so great team, you consider a rebuild.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/video-james-harden-says-warriors-arent-even-that-good/

The most you give him are 2 years.

I do not even know why he doesn't want to play in LA other than the tax situation here.

Afraid of the LA limelight and media?

#35 daywalker02, Sep 11, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I no longer believe in Harden. Another absolute abomination of a performance in a critical game. I probably should have reached this point long ago, but he is incapable of mentally rising to the occasion. He is a terrific player who just will never get it done. I feel bad for him that he clearly is dealing with some sort of mental block.

I'd be okay moving on and beginning the rebuild. I hope he wins a ring at some point, but it won't be in Houston, it appears.

Bearded13 likes this.
  17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Pretty clear that Harden's inability to play off ball is why he gets 100% nullified when double teams come.

He also loves to bring the ball back out in any scenario and try to size up his man which is when the trap comes.

Crashlanded19 and jcmoon like this.
  18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Nobody is likely to touch Hakeem's legendary run for a long, long time.

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This.

Why isn't Harden more willing to play off ball? You know you will eventually get it back anyway. It's crazy that a guy as smart as MDA can not persuade his superstar player to adapt in the playoffs.

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the trick will be finding a team that only cares about regular season wins and scoring titles.