1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden to be named League MVP...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nick_713, Apr 13, 2016.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Just enough to handle the ball pretty much all the time and be the most atrocious off the ball guard in the league. Seriously, I've never seen an NBA guard have so much difficulty freeing himself from his defender when he doesn't have the ball in his hands. How many offensive sets have there been this year where someone like Ariza or Bev are at the top of the 3pt line, wasting half the shot clock just to find Harden when Harden is doing that "My defender is holding me" tussle he does then end up with a Trevor Ariza iso play because the shot clock is running out?

2. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

So you didn't read my original post; I said it was inexcusable and can't be justified.

To directly answer your questions: 1st, NO, I am not putting 0% blame on Harden. I put it all on Harden and his lack of defensive focus and awareness. This is not even trying, and that's simply pathetic on all levels. 2nd, of course it would not hurt the team if he improved his defense for the team overall. Hell, he should improve his defense, first and foremost, for his own damn pride so these types of videos can stop. But with all the defensive exposure he's received, that reputation is one that will stick with him forever and will never be put to rest.

I have 2 questions for you fchowd0311: Why did you think I was not putting any blame on Harden at all? Why do you think I was blaming others or "being an apologist" for his own terrible effort?

3. abaker28

abaker28 Member

And I do get that. Got to admit, I do change my opinion on this very topic from time to time.
    And maybe I'm in hope that if we bring in another competent ball handler, Harden can get less minutes and reduce his workload, thereby allowing him more energy on defense - OR just a better defensive structure with a coach that enforces it.
    Some of his defense has been inexcusable - you're right.
    But I'd rather have Harden on our team than not have him.

4. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

This is what I've been saying the whole season.

Harden is a solution as much as he is a problem. That is why the rockets are hovering around .500

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Your post is hovering around .500

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's just this year though. Never happened before. But yes it's strange

7. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

ehhhh more like 9,500s

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL 2 more Rockets(not Harden) make Shaqtin-a-fool (and Charles with a Rockets jab at the end)

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">⚠️ Shaqtin Alert! ⚠️ Shaqtin Alert! Brand new <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Shaqtin?src=hash">#Shaqtin</a> plays from the past week! <a href="https://t.co/UtOty7ZTPG">https://t.co/UtOty7ZTPG</a></p>&mdash; NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/725890154179633153">April 29, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>