1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Speaks to the media

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Dec 16, 2020.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Probably an old school GM who doesn't want to be the story......

Honestly, as much as I think Morey did a great job, this news is disturbing that is horrible people management IMHO.

DD

ashleyem likes this.
  2. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Frankly not shocked he hasn't talked to stone.

Harden didn't speak with his new coach for weeks since his hire until just this week lol.

Stone haven't spoken to the media nor have we have even any news from him since his hire, weeks ago... despite everything going on!

Combine the two seemingly strange, introverted, publicly wary and under pressured individuals together and the most likely result... Is silence

3. HardenVolumeOne

if only james harden was lightskin

pippendagimp, Nook and jiggyfly like this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No we can't agree on that because the only superstar he has played with is maybe Westbrook the other 2 guys were past their primes do injury and age, also Howard played here more than a year or 2.

If these other guys were superstars why could they not carry the team or be a leader?

How do we know Harden likes to party more than the usual NBA guy are you watching all of there instagram accounts?

Wall also is a notorious party guy does Harden party more than him?

How do you know Harden had much say in decision making because of the HIT pieces saying so, why should we believe Tim since no other reporter has said that in the previous 8 years.

Why should he or anybody accept YOUR facts?

HP3, BMoney and D-rock like this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My guess is that Stone is doing what Fertitta wants him to do, regardless of what Stone might like to do. Hopefully, we’ll get a statement from him soon. Probably after he gets permission to have that “conversation.”

Nook likes this.
  6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Is stone still employed with the Rockets. He ghosted too for a couple of weeks

Nook and D-rock like this.
  7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

all three were superstars..fact

I dont see any of the big stars being at strip clubs and parties as much as Harden. I mean TMZ would be all over it, anyone...its known, friends and people around Harden have been saying that.

hit pieces? this is why we cant talk about what is going on...

8. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I think you might be onto something. Maybe Tilman is trying to keep Harden and is holding Stone from making a trade...

9. lionaire

lionaire Member

Man the funniest part of all this is how Dwight's status has been rewritten as 'superstar' years later.

Nook, jiggyfly, TEXNIFICENT and 6 others like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

And obvious like a MFer.

Stone has been dodging Harden as well as the media.

If it walks and talks like a coward ...

11. vator

vator Contributing Member

First of all, I don't want to make it seem like I don't think Harden is without any fault in this whole mess and that he is completely blameless. He is not perfect. That said, lots of people are certainly reading these Tweets and articles and are doing a total 180 on him. Just read the things people are posting. My opinion and I speak for myself is that I think that is ridiculous when you don't have all the facts and the information that you are getting is clearly biased. It's like watching the presidential election coverage on Newsmax and then going over to CNN. If you know what I mean then you know.

Why does he want out of this? Well, I disagree with the notion that they did everything in their power to build a championship-level team around him because of their insistence on avoiding the luxury tax at all costs year after year. So many missed opportunities to add talent to this team and we were always told well next year we will spend. The repeater tax this and that blah blah blah. You're never promised tomorrow. You have to go for it when the window is open. Show me how many teams have won the NBA championship in the last 10 years that haven't paid luxury tax. Teams that Lebron has been on, KD, Steph, etc. Harden was in his prime and has been extremely durable and we have wasted the chance to put our best product on the floor in order to save money. No other reason. We saw it and we complained about it, made threads on this forum, made memes, hell there is a Rockets jersey floating around her that says "Luxury Tax" on the back. Obviously, James sees this lack of commitment too. How is that everything and how is that all in? Now, look at what has transpired. The window is probably closed like we all feared it would. The GM and coach he trusted are gone and he's left with an owner he doesn't like, trust, or believe in. That is why I believe he wants out based on what we know. The easiest thing for him to have done would be to take the money, not care, and go with the flow. He turned down an extension that would have paid him on average 47 million dollars for the next 5 years.

12. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

So Harden denied an extension and asked for a trade, but hasn’t spoke to the GM?
    So his momma did that?

None of this makes any sense.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Let's hope he can develop a relationship with Silas, Wall, Boogie, Wood etc. Give it your best shot James.

15. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

If you believe Kendrick Perkins he has tried to call James but Harden won't answer the calls.

16. MystikArkitect

Harden could've just made it work with Chris and we would have had a chip. We had a title window for 3-5 years. But because he couldn't be bothered to show up on time or commit to winning, we didn't. He didn't. He can live with being a loser for the rest of his life.

We still have two banners because of a dude that could walk the walk. And had a Top 5 Season of all time regardless of position.

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Sounds like the stories of Harden not returning their calls is true.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

How does a new GM not talk with his franchise player?

Why wouldn't that be his first priority, his very first call? His 2nd, his 3rd.

Your franchise player(s) would be the most important to get buy in IMMEDIATELY.

This management style is completely ludicrous and unfathomable to me.

#78 D-rock, Dec 16, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  19. TimDuncanDonaut

Puts the stone in stonewalling

D-rock likes this.
  20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

vator, I respect your opinion, but luxury tax wouldn't have made a difference. There are many stars that do not want to play with Harden because they know what hes about and how they would or would not fit with him on the floor. Harden is an introvert and deals with certain things in his life a bit differently from what I'm seeing.

He had coaches, now two GMs, its not like they carry most of the baggage..its Harden, he is supposed to lead the team on the floor. Maybe all of it got over his head, I dont know.