1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Speaks to the media

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

You are cool with your rookie coach answering all the question while the GM, Toad and the owner all hide in the back? That sounds like real leadership to me

2. Nook

Nook Member

This. He will focus on playing hard as long as he is here but no commitment to being here a long time.

I get that they had to ask the question but that is about the only answer he could give.

D-rock and clos4life like this.
  3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Wow, now people are clamoring for Tillman to be more involved. New to me.

clos4life likes this.
  4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Why don't you want the same of your basketball players?

D-rock likes this.
  5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Rafael Stone to Harden: I KNOW YOU PROBABLY HEAR THIS EVERYDAY, BUT I'M YOU'RE BIGGEST FAN. I EVEN GOT THE POSTER WHERE YOU DID a SLAM. I GOT A ROOM FULL OF YOUR POSTERS AND YOUR PICTURES MAN. I LIKE THAT **** THAT YOU DID WITH LIL BABY TOO, THAT **** WAS PHAT.

Trackwell, Nook, clos4life and 2 others like this.
  6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I keep wondering the same thing. Has Tilman told his front office to not say a word to the media? I mean that’s the only reason I could think of why this is happening. Tad will usually come out and talk when it’s needed. This whole thing is just so odd.

Silas has to feel like he is somewhat on an island here. I don’t like this for him at all. Feel like the org is already doing him dirty in a sense.

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

There's only two options.

They are prepping a huge ****ing presentation for the Beard to try to recruit him in or Tilman is wanting Harden the **** out of here and doesn't want to fix anything.

Deuce, Stormy1234, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Culture change that’s needed. Haven’t you heard

D-rock, Nook and HP3 like this.
  9. swedish-olajuwon

You tell 'em boy.

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Money talks. I think TF and Stone already said something to Harden:

I guess they forgot to say "We think ur awesome :* "

11. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I understand your contention brother. And I'm not saying that you are wrong at all. You are more than welcome to state your believes or your thoughts about this James Harden/Houston Rockets situation. That's what this board is for, the fans obviously. But you are a really good/strong poster here. I've been on and around Clutchfans since 2003 under another profile, and I believe you've been here just as long if not maybe longer too. When I advised you to stay even keel that's only because I think you are a genuinely good dude. And you have so much influence over other members on this board believe it or not. I just think that a lot of what you were saying today in this thread was just pure speculation and wasn't based on anything really tangible or concrete.

Now I understand how you think because we went back and forward in the DMs messaging each other about this Harden thing on Monday. And I appreciate your input and respect your opinion on that subject even though we disagree. But to other posters here that might not really have a firm grasp of the situation, they could take your opinion as fact and start spreading it around as gospel. The reason why that bothers me is because I know 100% that ESPN and other news outlets read these forums and get a lot of their information from us bro. There is already a narrative about Houston that we are trying to overcome as a franchise that the media has put out there. With TF having the cheap narrative, Harden having his narrative for better or worse; we don't need any more narratives here in Houston unless we are really sure about it lol. That's just my 2 cents, take it with a grain of salt lol.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Money doesn't talk so loud when you are worth over a half billion dollars and you can get an extension from whatever team trades for you.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I wish Harden would start returning phone calls and texts from Stone -- must be frustrating as a new GM to not be able to reach your best player.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, or Stone and Brown are cowards and Tilman is deferring to his basketball people.

Les was far from a perfect owner and he was cheap.... but he spoke up when the time was right.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I don't think they are cowards. Stone trading Russell Westbrook in the middle of a James Harden trade demand for John Wall and a FRP is maybe the most ballsy calculated move I've seen since the Rockets traded Robert Covington for 2 FRP without an absolute commitment from Christian Wood. Doing all of this without talking to your franchise star? Yea, Stone is trying to create a resume before talking the GOAT into committing.

We've gone from Atlanta, to Vegas to unmoved to here. What does Stone need to accomplish before he hits play on the powerpoint? Is he collaborating with Travis Scott on a pitch video? Maybe Jonah Hill (Adidas/friend of Travis Scott) is directing.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Are Stone's legs broken? I am pretty sure anytime the last week he could have walked down to the practice floor and had a conversation with Harden... kind of like the owner did, and the players have... and some of the freaking executive assistants that Harden is friends with have.

I know that is likely harder that a text message but still, being a seasoned lawyer, long term front office employee and now the GM of the team.... maybe he could do that.

Deuce, D-rock, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Dropped 35/8/7/2/1 over the last two seasons while playing good defense, and being an ironman?

D-rock, Rocket River and Patience like this.
  19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

No, Harden is Janet Jackson.
    Saying Harden can make his $$$$ for Lil Baby on any team is because the Rockets signed him to that contract.

Nook likes this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

His legs are set in stone.

Roomba, Deuce, Stormy1234 and 2 others like this.