1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden sighting (friend's perspective)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jfbradley1985, Jan 6, 2013.

1. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Never been seated at a table and then have the Waiter or Waitress take forever to get to you?

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Met him out in LA when they were playing the Lakers. He was nice enough to take a pic with me after I told him I recently moved out here and I'm a big Rockts fan.

He was kind of short and just wanted to get it done and get out of there. So maybe not the most personable guy but at least i got my pic. I figured he would have been a bit more into it since out of all the people in LA he runs into a true Rockets fan.

But you can't blame them either. They probably deal with this 24/7

3. coach41

coach41 Member

As a Warriors fan, we've had our share of "high maintenance" players go through our team. One of them was "Stephen Jackson". When the Warriors traded for Jackson back in 2007 during our "We Believe" season, there was a lot made of Jackson's personality. He was known as a "bad guy" (mainly from the palace brawl).

When he showed up in the Bay Area, he was great with the media and fans too. The Bay Area greatly embraced him as he showed he could play and that 2007 year was a very "magical" (by our lowly Warrior standards) season.

Fast forward a bit. Baron Davis opts out of his contract and signs with the Clippers. Much of the 2007 team has been dismantled and the Warriors are back into their usual downward spiral. Jackson SIGNS a long term contract but later forces the Warriors to trade him.

Main point? A player can be the nicest guy in person but at the end of the day, it's all BUSINESS to most players. Some players find that being nice to fans/media is beneficial. SOme like Barry Bonds don't care.

For Harden, maybe he's just being himself. If he's rude or arrogant, then it's better that he's genuine rather than faking it. Not up to us to judge him either way. You would hope that all athletes be nice to their fans.

BUT if you're in their shoes, you have TONS of people bugging you all the time. Even the most friendly person gets tired after a while. There was an interview from Johnny Chan (poker player). He said that he only went out AT NIGHT so that people wouldn't bother him.

4. Metta

Metta Member

1st: this is meaningless hearsay. 2nd: the Cheesecake Factory brings the worst out in everyone.

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

My friend told me that the guy who started this thread is a douche. I have no proof but I just wanted to post something.

6. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Your trying too hard.

7. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

My bro said he was nice when he saw him at the Galleria during his first few weeks in Houston. I guess the cold weather and fans constantly wanting to get a picture with him is getting to him.

He said what's up Harden, and Harden said what's up back while he was buying clothes. He didn't bother him for a picture. I bet everyone wants to take pictures with anyone remotely famous nowadays thanks to all these social media websites.

8. Optimal6

Optimal6 Member

At least he is not Michael Jordan

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y4ZQERHL6ow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Viola

Viola Member

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Wouldn't be no where near surprised by this. Most people are assholes anyways with a un just sense that there the ****. Harden has a just reason for having a sense of being the ****, he's a 6'5 athletic 23 nab multi mill star, he's one in millions. Better believe its possible for him to be a jerk. Not saying that he is, maybe it was a bad day and maybe he's actually a good guy but is just really uptight about getting things his way. Never know, but don't be shocked if he's a ass.

11. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

That picture of Yao is soooooo hilarious.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

I don't think these celebrities/athletes that people worship have any obligation to be nice. I was fortunate enough to have met the nicer ones (Chuck Hayes, Dream, etc). However had they ignored me, no love lost, though I would probably cry in my pillow that night. Just like the time when I hollered at Sura while jogging at Memorial Park and he was too busy being surrounded by 2 hot chicks to care.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Ohhh man.

James Harden is a human being?? Wtf booo

14. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

The bigger the paycheck, the bigger head they have. Or the lesser the name, the nicer they are. I think if you met Arian Foster now, he is likely not the same guy before the big contract. I think NBA and NFL players in general are not personal people. I believe NHL players out of all the sports the nicest because they don't get recognized. As for James Harden, he is probaly the type that want to be as private as possible, so he raises his guard up to do his thing. A lot of pro sports people hate to be bother when they are out eating (except D.Morey), or with families. Just let his court do the talking, remember this is the same guy who got cold cocked by Ron Artest, yet he didn't take revenge against Artest.

15. seeingred

seeingred Member

I dont care if he kills kittens for fun. Just get buckets.

16. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Jordan is infamous for being a arrogant SOB

17. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Thats nonsense. Rodman for all his antics and fame by all reports was one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.The persona and reputation are not allways accurate.

18. VanityHalfBlack

It's the Cheesecake Factory in the Galleria for godsakes... I'd piss on those employees!!!!

19. drobsnightmare

Well, it was the Cheesecake Factory. If I just signed a max deal, I'd be at Del Frisco's or Pappas Bros.

20. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

lol. wtf, ive been a rockets fan for almost 20 years, been watching since i was old enough to understand what was going on.. i dont think i could name a starter from the 1973 rockets, i could guess and hopefully get one right.. but lol at this being a standard for a being a real fan..