1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden sighting (friend's perspective)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jfbradley1985, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Bball_4life

Bball_4life Member

Dude, I know you have been on here longer than me, but seriously, gtfo and don't come back. I'm actually enjoying this place, but hate ppl like you. I don't know if you are a Lin hater or you are too ignorant to realize that this thread has nothing to do with Lin; also, you know, the OP has been on here just as long as you have.

2. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

The guy is, what, 23 years old? And remember, he grew up in SoCal. It may take him awhile to warm up to non-fake, good-old-fashioned southern hospitality. Yeah, he played in OKC, but Houston has a totally different vibe. Bigger, more cosmopolitan.

I don't know if this information is true or not. Maybe it is true, based on what quinnolivarez said above.

A lot of these guys grow up in a bubble, especially with AAU ball and the millions of dollars waiting for them as they hit their early 20's.

I've spent a lot of time in SoCal in my life and, in my opinion, that is one of the fakest, most image-obsessed and narcissistic places in the USA. Maybe growing up in that environment shaped Harden's personality? If it did, well, maybe he can 'grow out of it' or something as he continues to mature as a young man.

None of us here knows the guy (unless there are some lurkers who are around the team a lot), so I don't want to judge him.

My brother worked with a very famous former baseball player. You can't believe the stuff these athletes go through every day, day after day. Sometimes it can be pretty overwhelming.

1 person likes this.
  3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Actually, Yao turns down little kids who ask for autographs. It's in his movie lol. I don't blame them though, they deal with it all day.

4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Maybe he should cut his beard if he wants to be a bit normal and not bothered when out in public.

It must be a pain to always have to be on

5. GIGO

GIGO Member

Can't be done!
    Always
    [​IMG]
    Otherwise, this
    [​IMG]

6. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I know I've told this before, but I'll tell it again. Around the 90s, Hakeem's prime years. My cousin was pumping gas and saw Hakeem getting out of his car to fill gas into his car. My cuz said, "Hakeem!!!!!" And Hakeem didn't even acknowledge, he didn't even look. My cuz hates Shaq, but when he ran into him at a supermarket around Sugar Land area, he acknowledge him by saying, "What's up?!?!?!?" And when I wore my Super Mario Elie shirt when he was playing for the Rockets, I saw Elie was balling seeing his shirt worn by me. What I'm saying is some people have ways to do things, maybe Harden put his guards up, so that he can live his way. A lot of athletes are taught about obsessive fans, or out of control fans. A lot of them don't sign autographs, not because they don't want to, but if he signs one, he'll have to sign more than one. And if he leaves out a few than those people are going to get mad, so a lot of pros just rather not sign at all. Really, if Harden isn't a lawbreaker and is a team player, that is all we should worry about. If I saw Harden in the street and if he doesn't want to be approached than I stay away, but it doesn't make him a lesser Harden to me. Eyes tell a lot of a person wanting to be approached, or not.

1 person likes this.
  7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

There's a good reason he won't shave his beard... just doesn't look right:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

he seems really down to earth every time he talks. I don't really buy this **** and even if its true it doesn't really discredit him.