1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden shot 0 free throws today breaking his streak of 148 straight games with a FT

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RESINator, Apr 16, 2016.

1. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Maybe he needs to learn how to score less in the clubs?

:p

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

What does stat padding at the end of games have to do with number of free throws attempted over ALL of his Rockets playoff games. Including the 0 he just got.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

James Harden plays 38.1 minutes per game. Of those 38.1 minutes, 6.3 he has the ball in his hands. That's 16.5% of the time he is on the floor the ball is in his hands.

Curry plays 34.2 minutes per games. 5.5 of those the ball is in his hands. That's 16.0%

Tony Parker plays 27.5 minutes per game. 5.9 of those the ball is in his hands. That's 21.4%

Lillard plays 35.7 minutes per game. 8.4 of those the ball is in his hands. That's 23.5%

Westbrook plays 34.4 minutes per game. 8.1 of those the ball is in his hands. That's 23.5%

This is not an argument as to the style of play these teams employ. This is a factual representation of how often these players have the ball in their hands compared to how many minutes they are on the floor. Harden does NOT dominate the ball anymore than any of the other great players in the league. In fact he has it a lot less than most of the true ball dominant players.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The stat crew quick to do damage control lmao.

Yea Harden should have gotten more calls and deserved some FTs, but if a guy is going to curdle and become a mental midget because he didn't get enough calls and thats all he relies on...the rockets gained a lot more insight on their "star player" than the rest of the league.

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The stat crew?

You mean the fact crew.

If your stance is that Harden's "tricks" don't work in the playoffs and therefor doesn't get his free throws that he relies on then you are just plain, flat out wrong.

Dude gets to the line a **** ton. Regular season and post season.

There's certainly something to say about his overall scoring efficiency taking a decent hit in the post season, but this thread is about free throws. And you have some idiots coming in here with the tired bs about how you don't get these foul calls in the playoffs. And they are wrong. All I pointed out.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Its not a fact when you cherry pick stats and eliminate context. Comeon, everybody that has taken a basic stat class knows this. Stats are meant to be interpreted in an established well understood context. Thats why you guys are quick to rush her trying to justify his crappy play every time. You wouldn't need to if his play would speak for himself. Yes the regular season should be officiated the same way. For some players it really is, know why that isn't the case for Harden? Because those other players play their game and the FTs come, Harden waits for the FTs.

I hope you were paying attention to a JB quote yesterday, the man himself pretty much said it.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

stay calm. As Harden himself says, "it's just one game." ;)

1 person likes this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What do Curry, Parker, Lillard, and Westbrook have in common that Harden does not?

That's right. They are all PGs who bring the ball up court almost every time when they are on the court. That's about 1/3 of every possession that has nothing to do with the offense.

Harden bring the ball up sometimes but nowhere near the frequencies of those PGs. Now, if you have nothing better to do, please redo your stats to show the percentages of ball-in-hand AFTER the offensive set starts. My eye test tells would guess that Westbrook and Lillard probably would be closer to Harden than Curry and Parker.

9. Karolik

Karolik Member

just pushing the agenda this is the best team in NBA history. Looks more dominant with 30 pt wins over the 8th seed rather than just 15 pt wins.

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Why don't YOU take the time to refute the facts I presented?

Feel free to redo my stats and enlighten all of us if you would like.

All you have done is offered up how YOU THINK things are going on the court. No concrete data.

I'd love to see the numbers on how often Harden brings the ball up the court compared to the others. I'd bet they are pretty damn similar.

Also lets not play dumb and act like Harden isn't our point guard who brings the ball up most of the time for the team. Hell he gets blamed around here for wasting 7.9 seconds of our 24 second clock walking the ball up constantly.

11. BackdoorHarden

Warriors ain't even that good

"Rockets star James Harden did express confidence in his team headed into Game 2 despite struggling in a Warriors blowout at Oracle Arena in Game 1.

"Everything that happened yesterday was because of us," he said. "Obviously they're a good team, but we can improve so much more. That's what we're more excited about."

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

:confused:

You knew where to find those stats and had the time to get them. I didn't. I was just pointing out the possible fallacy of your numbers.

13. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I'm not sure how he cherry picked the stats bruh?

He literally averages more FTA the past two out of three post seasons than regular season. Not taken out of context.

The narrative on this board that his game doesn't transfer to the post season because he doesn't get calls is pure bullsh!t. Numbers don't lie in this case

14. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

Sounds like the PC thing to say. What's he gonna say? Call out the refs and GS for the horribly officiated game?

There were two specific offensive fouls I saw from Beasley and Harden. No matter how many times I watched it over and over and over, I could not see a damn thing

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Hey those that matter don't mind and that mind don't matter...

16. BackdoorHarden

It's just one game

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

warriors are a horror matchup, they do things better and more efficient than us.

they can limit haren's scoring throughout the series.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They are super efficient at not getting called for fouls on both sides of the ball.

19. lastreg

lastreg Member

That's the reason, we need rebuild without ....

He is a good player, but we'll never win a ring with him as #1 star.

20. Drogba

Drogba Member

Harden literally averages more FTA's in the postseason. You're an absolute idiot if you think he "underperforms" because the refs swallow their whistles.