1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden, PatPat & Smith update.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Nov 1, 2012.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

As per Jason Friedman.

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/news-and-notes-back-work

Full story:

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Never thought I'd see the day where we're all wishing and praying for Patterson to start.

3. James Harden

James Harden Member

Morris sucks. If Patrick doesn't come back next game, then McHale should start Terrence Jones

4. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

yeah just before last night's game, everyone was screaming white, jones, and D-mo's name as if they were immediately NBA ready. Dissapointed in Morris's showing, but maybe he will play better in next game, or maybe he will go back to his old job of 12th man.

5. prs325

prs325 Member

Funny thing is when Morris was asked about his performance, his response was he did okay...

6. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Given he was playing at a different position then what they claimed they wanted him to play when they drafted him plus he was fresh off an injury that side lined him throughout preseason and this was the first game he ever started or got major minutes in... yeah he did okay.

7. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

I'm not opposed to seeing Greg Smith start if able.

Morris got his courtesy start for being less than a rookie, and actually did well on the boards, but Jones will be getting a chunck of those minutes tomorrow.

8. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Greg Smith earned his spot at back-up C, hope he comes back healthy. T Jones needs minutes, he can spread the floor just as well as Morris and he's a better defender/rebounder.

9. Lihao

Lihao Member

if he really think he did ok, this guy is finish

10. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I doubt that McHale would start Jones. He didn't give Jones any time at all the first game. Probably the best we can hope for is Jones getting some minutes off the bench.

11. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

and the day where we pray foe greg fugging smith to comeback healthy and contribute

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Our post positions, while relatively better than last year are still horrible. Outside of Asik and Jones, nobody else can rebound.

13. Beard

Beard Member

helluva quote

14. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Cant wait to see Pat back in the starting line up.

15. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I guess McFail doesn't like playing rookies based on what i seen last night. He didn't play any, let me repeat ANY ROOKIE that we deem worthy of playing time. You have Machado, White, Motiejo, Jones. Out of these 4 players, Jones is the outstanding one and even better than Morris. He's a better shooter...what the hell is Jason Friedman talking about, Jones can shoot from 3 point land too. He's a lethal shooter!! Not only that, he's hell of a player when it comes to attacking the basket, rebounding and blocking shot. That's why i was surprised that Morris starting....by the way, what is so good about Morris? Oh, because he's a veteran and knows the game? LOL.

Well, Jones didn't show me that he was lacking knowledge about the game while he's playing. The fact that McFail didn't even give the best rookie out of the bunch ONE STINKING MINUTE tells me he does not like ROOKIE. There is a reason the Rockets fell behind when Jeremy Lin sat, it's because the coach is playing garbage players rather than those that deem worthy of minutes or worthy of potential. They need to get rid of Douglas and Morris and if McFail have any clue, he needs to start Machado as the backup point guard and definitely Jones. Hell, i even think Jones eventually will replace Pattrick Patterson..that's how good he is. That why i was surprised he didn't even get a stinky minute.

I bet you if this team is composed more of a bunch of garbage players that have been in this league for more than a year, McFail will put them all out there instead of the rookies lol. We were lucky we got a win against a weak Detroit team. If McFail does the same substitution pattern for the next game, we're toasted...i swear.

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

A lot of hate I sense in this one. U mad bro?

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah. That's why he didn't make Chandler Parsons a starter for almost his entire rookie year. McHale hates rookies.

18. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

sadly, i agree with this...ive almost lost all hope with morris.

19. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Hope Patterson plays. I thought he played really well just before he got injured. He just need to be aggressive the whole game.

20. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

This sort of sarcasm doesn't show well on the internet :p

For others that didn't pickup on this sarcasm Chandler started 58 games in a shortened season