1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. ROCKETS GAMEDAY
    The Rockets hope to rebound (no pun intended) after that brutal loss to Charlotte when they take on Ja Morant and the Grizzlies tonight. Come join us live at 7:00pm CT!

LIVE! Rockets vs. Grizzlies

James Harden out with thumb injury, will miss Spurs game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Jan 28, 2014.

1. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Stop bashing JH. He has his flaws. But his efforts on defense have been improving recently. Hopefully, he will get there.

2. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

You got the number right just in wrong order.

3. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Oh c'mon...we're 4-1 without Harden (correction: 5-1 after this SA victory), and the one loss was that overtime loss at Philadelphia where James Anderson hit that impossible shot at the buzzer. The team moves better w/out Harden, the ball moves better, definitely better defense, etc. Don't worry, there's lots of talent on this team besides the Beard.

4. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

No need to be this combative. If what you believe is right, eventually it will be proven. Have a little faith and just be patient. Sooner or later, they will change their minds as well:grin:

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Cena needs to take note of how the team wins without him. We want him back but he must bring something new to the table or we'll never return to the glory days when Hakeem and Stone Cold sold out every arena.

6. FANfrom86toNow

Take the whole separate paragraph that I said, not just part of it:

How can anyone disagree with this statement without hate of a certain player or ignorance of the game? This statement in bold does not apply only to a certain player, it applies to any and every player on the team.

7. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Time to eat some crow.

8. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

See my advice above :)

9. Rox23

Rox23 Member

I hate to say it but hopefully Harden sits out tomorrow too. So far with Harden running the offense this year we haven't had much luck against Dallas. Part of the reason is that Harden's job when playing Dallas is to guard Monte Ellis. I'd rather Lin or Bev guard Ellis...could be the difference between Ellis having a 30 point game and an 18 point game. I like the lineups with some Lin-Bev-Brooks combination, very up-tempo, good ball movement, good shooters,

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree. I think we are going to need Harden tomorrow. It's rare that everyone plays as well as they did tonight, and it'll be good to get Harden back.

11. rajon

rajon Member

No need to make that ridiculous statement in two separate threads.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Harden is our best player. Some of you guys blow your load way too early, yes it was great that Jeremy had a good game but lets hope for Harden's health and pray that he returns.

13. FANfrom86toNow

I'm trying to be argumentative in a logical way that helps a person see the error in their own assessments. It may not work, but this is just an internet forum for discussion. Discussion by it's very nature is most of the time in contrast to different positions and opinions, right and wrong. Combative is not a term i would ever use for a discussion on the internet, or be involved in.

But with that said, I do understand your point clearly and agree with you.

14. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

We need Hardin. if not to guard Ellis, then put him on Marion and put Parsons on Ellis.

15. Clarinetmonster

Huh?? Parsons was not at all his usual self.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

You're right, I overlooked Parsons' off-night. But Terrance with 21, Howard with 23/16, Beverley with 11/5/3 all played well. And Montiejunas/Casspi shot a respectable percentage. Being home helps as well.

I think it's disingenuous to hope for our best player to miss another game.

17. FANfrom86toNow

I had read a lot of your posts, and you "seem" to not like Lin's game a lot, but I have to agree with this statement of yours 1000%!

As a Houston Rocket's fan first, I want Harden in every single game that he can play for us!!!! He is our best offensive player hands down!

I just hope that our coaches can get him and Lin back to playing together and taking turns attacking the opponents and putting pressure on them. Together they can be one of the best backcourts in the league when they play together, especially when they run PnR with each other or with DH.

I'm a Lin fan, but any fan of Lin's that doesn't want Harden to play is NOT on the same page as I am...we are not the same.

18. hamsession

hamsession Member

Is it me or did the team play with more emotion tonight?

19. Clarinetmonster

Noticed that too - Both Lin and Howard looked more fired up - Loved seeing Howard yelling 'CMON LETS GO!!' Sometimes that's all it takes. Lin had some fire and swag back, great to see - even Casspi showed some. ANd of course, Bev is like the emotional leader.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Dude...I always pray for Jeremy to have a good game..he plays for my team.

I do critique him sometimes, but just like I critique everybody else on this team. You can search my posts in tonight's game thread alone to see that. He played like the true PG this team needs tonight and people can't use Harden as an excuse. He has to assert himself as a floor general and replicate that same attitude every game.