1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden or Clyde Drexler in his prime?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Dec 18, 2014.

?

Real Comparison: Harden or Drexler?

1. Harden

161 vote(s)
    64.1%
  2. Drexler

90 vote(s)
    35.9%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lol
    Like I didn't live in Houston when that happened

This is an old thread that got bumped

Harden hasn't accomplished what Drexler did in Portland
    No back to back finals appearances

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you are just very biased @tinman

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm biased toward accomplishments
    I'm hoping Harden can catch up to Drexler in NBA finals appearances as a starter

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  4. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Sorry but yes he is and every ex-NBA or current NBA player agrees. Harden has flaws but getting to the basket is not one of them and he is one of the greatest at ever doing it. Further more, he has his own unique style of how he gets to the basket. The Spurs didn't prove anything, other than they could have been beat by this team. That being said, the Rockets fans where left with a bad taste in their mouths. Game five was on the coach, game 6 was on Harden and the whole team for that matter, they where just horrible in game 6.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

what's a coaches job? put his team in a position to win. In game 5, the rockets were absolutely in the position to win being up 1 with about 30-35 seconds left in the game. there's nothing about coaching that happened right after that it was "on" him

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At this point we are not hoping, we observe and notice.

7. jayfree

jayfree Member

Wake me up when Harden win a championship ring with the Rockets. Without Drexler in 1995 Houston doesn't win their 2nd.

8. lionaire

lionaire Member

Cool but you wake me up when we have another player good enough to make Harden the 2nd fiddle of this team

StraightG likes this.
  9. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

It shouldn't have even be that close in the end. Love D'Antoni but Harden was gassed and committing TO after TO. Its his job to recognize this and change the dynamics. Otherwise, he is only a coach after and before the game but not during. They should have won by 10 and Manu wouldn't have looked like a superstar. In the grand scheme of things its one small complaint to a coach who did a great job throughout the year.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

why not? its the playoffs. it's not always going to be nice and easy. When people want to think, this team should of won by double digits easily is not valid to me. No, you're going to have to grind out wins eventually. that's what separates you from other teams in the end. SA grinded it out all the way to the end despite being down and got stops when they needed it.