1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden NBA 2k16 trailer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Aug 13, 2015.

1. YourSecretLover

the spike lee stuff is god awful. everything else is great to okay

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Member

How did y'all get the game early?

3. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

out early for preorders but nobody really reinforce it so go to the store and get it

first time playing myteam and really enjoying it. usually only play mycareer

4. cdrive

cdrive Member

Everyone is saying places will just sell it to you without the pre-order. I did a breakfast run, and swung by the neighborhood Game Stop along the way. & sho nuff, it was no problem.

5. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Damn tried to go to lakers to help Kobe get his sixth but negotionion about minutes got crazy and the pulled their offer. Play for okc now. I like this game lol

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Okay so I finished the story, and the story is so damn cringe worthy I'm going to post another rant about it. Spoiler for those who haven't finished it yet.

I can't believe 2K did that story, seriously why would they want any of that **** associated with their game and the nba? It has absolutely nothing to do with basketball, it's a hood drama movie.

List of BS

Your name is Frequency Viberations, your family is black even if your white
    Your from the hood repping harlem
    Your best friend sleeps with your girl
    You murdered someone in the past and your best friend covered for it
    You have to give your friend a car to keep him quiet about it
    Your almost cut because your friend talks **** to your teammates on twitter
    Your friend dies in a car accident, which the announcers bring up during games
    They story hardly focuses on actually getting drafted but more so some bull**** hood drama.
    Your rated 55 and get no VC during college or anything, how can I be drafted 6th with a 55 overall, I had to spend 15k in VC (Preorder VC) to get a 62 overall. Wtf 2k thats horrible.
    Also your drafted in the lottery yet your a free agent after one season WTF?
    I thought there was going to be a pre-draft combine, summer league, teams interviewing me, absolutely nothing!

What a awful awful, horrible way to start a MyCareer for 2k. It's a shame because once your done with it, the actual gameplay is pretty good. There should be a option to skip the story, I like to create multiple MyCareers at different positions and do not want to play that junk again.

/ end rant

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Just walked into bestbuy and bought it.

8. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Spoilered for those who haven't completed the story..

Hold up, you're player legit murdered someone?...wtf
    I haven't gotten it yet, but I watch Chris Smoove on youtube and read the 2K reddit boards. Why would they make you play only 8 games in your first year and then they cut you no matter what?? Also, Smoove lost his first 2 college games, won his 3rd game, and then his 4th and final college game is the National Championship :confused: It sounds like the first year in the pros is a complete waste of time.

9. i3artow i3aller

Do you have to update it to get the 00 Raptors & 08 Rockets?

10. clutch citizen

Which Best Buy?

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yes, all of it is so so stupid and disappointing.

Your player gets in a argument with his best friend, and his best friend reminds him about how you "accidentally" killed someone when in a fight by throwing them down a staircase which they cracked there head open.

Even if you loose your high school championship game, the announces will say you won it.

What sucks is they don't focus or do any detail, no decisions when it comes to the actual draft, it's all very chopped up and seems like it's just thrown in and rushed. 2K released that they would do summer league and a draft combine, which they completely left out. No team interviews, no pre draft workouts, no choice about a preferred draft team.

You only play 8 games and the other 74 are automatically sim'd, you are basically stuck with a really, really bad 55 rating player unless you buy VC to upgrade him. The cut scenes between the 8 games are all like 10+ minutes which is awful.

There's a bunch on holes in the Spike Lee story and the 1st year of MyCareer, it's horrific and I have no clue how 2k could ever let out such a tragedy. The reason i'm so mad because it would of been so amazing if they did it right and focused on the draft and the actual experiences nba players have like the pre-draft workouts, more college games, pre-draft combine, summer league etc.

12. Mattician

Mattician Member

I was only going to get the game this year because Harden is on the cover.

I'm not sure if I will get it now. At least not for $60. Maybe later when it's cheaper.

13. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

as soon as my sister and brother (??) showed up I've literally been skipping every cutscene. they are so annoying

14. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

You can buy the game at Best Buy, for some reason they put it out early. (I work there).

15. Handles

Handles Member

Honestly my final verdict is, if you already have 2k15, I see no real reason to get this one.

16. YourSecretLover

mycareer gets a lot better after rookie season

17. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

I went to Louisville. I played Michigan in the first game and won. Going to play the other games tonight or tomorrow.

18. Vivid

Vivid Member

How do you guys get the pre-order VC bonus if you preordered a physical copy?

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

There is a code you can redeem with on an insert card inside the game box.

20. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I finally got through the mycareer storyline. I appreciate them trying something different, but it IS just a failed concept that bogs down the gameplay. At the end, it's almost like Spike Lee says the same thing - he said, "This was a huge learning experience for me".... so we are all forced to deal with a million cut scenes to see the product of Spike Lee's learning experiment.

On the plus side, if you just fast forward through all the cut scenes, after your first year, it returns to the normal my career format and I actually think it's the best My Career gameplay to date. The way they did managing your days off and practice to earn VC is really cool. You just have to make it through the storyline to be rewarded with the chance to play the game you paid for.

A few other general comments about the game - the AI gets better and better each year and I notice defenders give a bunch of different looks which is a first. The defense also seems to do a better job of recognizing how to stop that one play you could just do over and over in year's past. This is cool because it forces you to add wrinkles - if you run a pick and roll a few times successfully, the defense will start sagging in the lane and then you have to hit a guy in the corner for a 3.