1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden named to All-NBA First Team; Howard Second Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 4, 2014.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

an early exit against a team that was beatable (Portland) and the main guy that Harden is outplayed by Lillard in the clutch and in the first two games by Aldridge

I do not think this is a good excuse. The numbers are there. Where is the cluch block? The clutch steal? The clutch basket?

2. SexyButIgnorant

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Noah is a lil b****.

The end.

Congrats harden and Howard.

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

True, coaching. McHale sucks.

Popovich might have this same squad in the Finals.

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

i must gather more
    [​IMG]

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

4 players from the east, 11 from the west, all 6 guards from the west

7. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Well done good job Morey.

8. TuanDinhVu

TuanDinhVu Member

And first round exit.

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Harden had plenty of clutch plays in our wins. And also plenty in losing efforts.

10. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/zT2_HC/rockets/embed/select/X_dAOJUlS1WC" width="600" height="338" frameborder="0" seamless="seamless" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

11. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Member

I detest noah more than any other current NBA player.. Something about him just makes me want to punch him every time he's on my t.v. Almost like seeing Karl Malone pop on my t.v.

That being said, Noah had a better season than Dwight did and is deserving of his first team.

He put up more steals, assists and rebounds. Dwight did put up more points, but not much more. They are almost equal in blocks this season.

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Noah is exactly the kind of player the Rockets need. He may not be the most talented but is all out hustle, passion, heart, pride, focus and gives 110% every minute of every game.

He is nowhere as talented as Dwight but he trumps most NBA players in the intangibles.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So you are saying you would rather have Noah instead of Dwight, or are you just saying we just need someone(regardless of position) with the intangibles like leadership & hustle?

Because if you want to say that Noah (in his best season ever) had more impact on the basketball court that Dwight from a productivity standpoint, you aren't going to have a very solid case to be made quite honestly.

Its pretty amazing that more people in Houston aren't incredibly pissed off that Dwight got left off of 1st team. To me that vote, the Love vote(team was bad), the CP3 vote(missed a ton of the year), and the lack of a Dirk vote (was phenomenal last year & carried a bad team to the playoffs) reeks of a popularity contest.... which is what the All-NBA teams is NOT supposed to be. That's supposed to be reserved for the All-Star game.

I get your point about the Rockets needing someone like Noah, but replacing Dwight with Noah.... Would be counterproductive.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

eh? Dwight put up a lot more points (on a lot better %), more rebounds, and more blocks, Noah was barely better than last year where he put up all nba nothing and this year they made him 4th in the mvp race, the power of the media is strong. They spent the entire year trying to look for some way to not give it to Dwight, it was obvious from the beginning of the season, and for that i congratulate them for putting Chicago into the luxury tax, bravo.

#174 Aleron, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

BY NO MEANS, am I insinuating Noah over Dwight. Dwight is the far superior player.

I just feel that for the Rockets to be a true contender we need someone with intangibles like Noah regardless of position.

Right now we have plenty of talent in Harden and Howard but they do not have anywhere close to the intangibles that Noah does. The closest we have to that is PBev IMO which is a far cry from Noah.

16. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Member

dwight didnt put up a lot more points.. He only had 200 more points. around 5 ppg more than noah. Noah did put up more rebounds but only slightly less per game and the blocks are almost identical even tho noah had more for the season, the per game stats were like .3 difference.

Noah did put up 5.4 assist per game compared to dwights 1.2. Noah had a better year, was the main offensive threat (and he's not a top scorer in the league) and was the reason the bulls made the playoffs.

Again, I cant stand noah, but he did have more of an impact on his teams success than dwight did on the rockets.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Agreed. I will say though that Dwight's leadership, behavior, & effort last year is extremely under-reported and under-appreciated. He might not have been at a Noah-level with his intangibles, but he was much better than advertised, or how he was in LA.

I dont know if there is a great answer with the lack of gritty-toughness quite honestly. PatBev is on the team, Garcia was, McHale was the ultimate "Blue-Collar" star back when he was a player, etc. However, they just don't display that aura that you see a team like the Bulls have.

I think that's more indicative about the Bulls than it is the Rockets though. I dont know that you necessarily have to have that reputation to win though.... it just makes your team a little more well thought of, and respected in the national media..... everyone loves an overachiever. Everyone hates the better team that half steps it even though they are clearly the better team.

I think that's just how sports fandom and heroism works in the eyes of the beholder. There is a good reason why feel good sports movies like Rudy, Invincible (crappy Wahlberg movie), Rookie of the Year, the Rookie, etc. continue to get made while you don't see blockbuster movies being made about ... well pretty much any athlete or team that is dominant and is expected to be dominant. Even the biggest athlete & sports icon Michael Jordan has yet to have a big Hollywood movie come out about his rise to glory.

People love a good over-achiever... that's about all I can say about the Noah vs. Dwight argument even though I'm a sucker for Noah myself. I get it... I respect the hell out of how hard the guy plays.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With all due respect, I think the reaction from many here to our own shooting guard getting one of the NBA's highest honors says something about a distinct lack of intelligence among some members here, or an excess of emotion leading to posts that are not based on reality, that reality being that James Harden deserved being named on the All NBA first team. There's a huge amount of "What have you done for me lately?" going on here. James Harden isn't Kevin Martin 2.0. He's a ****ing load at the SG position. Get a grip, people. I'll add that I think that Dwight also deserved a first team selection, although Noah had an outstanding season, so I'm not going to get worked up about that. Dwight can use that as motivation for next year, if he needs any. I don't think he does.

1 person likes this.
  19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Noah didn't have a better season than Dwight and is not anywhere near the caliber of Dwight.

Noah got the spotlight on a brutally injured Bulls team, where someone had to pick up the slack. Its great he picked up some assists, but the net result was the 28th best offense in the league.

If Harden was out for the year, Dwight's usage and stats would have exploded as well.

Noah as a first team all NBA player over Howard is a joke.

20. machange

machange Member

harden?lol...nba.joke