1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden makes Tracy McGrady look like Rob Kardasian

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Dec 19, 2016.

?

Which Rockets teams won a playoff series?

1. The teams with James Harden

84.6%
  2. The teams without Tracy McGrady

15.4%
  1. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Dont forget about that time we got Bobby Jackson too. TMac was great, but he was soft mentally and physically. Those teams were not bad, Im convinced Tmac didnt know how to lead them. That and we were still trying to play the post and grind it out offense.

2. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

T-Mac was once my favorite player but in all honesty Harden is already light years better than T-Mac ever was.

Harden is a winner that doesn't make excuses, he is our prophet & one day he will take us to the promise land again.

Jayzers_100, Hakeemtheking and Ramo$e like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think it is the org's responsibility to research who can be a leader and who cannot.

They got an older Barkley, they got an older 2nd guy Pippen, they got Tmac, Dwight Howard.

And they got leaders that are blue collar but lacked the talent.

Ramo$e likes this.
  4. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Atleast HOF'ers that have not won a championship have made it out of the first round.

5. TracyJaxxson

TracyJaxxson Member

Bobby was the man lol. The one deal CD made that actually helped. I'm sorry but they were all over-achieveing role players..how can you lead that with ease? Either way I'm not calling him perfect, dudes that rely on their athleticism are not fair to compare with a guy like Harden. The game has obvi. changed drastically since then..

6. TracyJaxxson

TracyJaxxson Member

Are you comparing those farts to Tmac and Dwight lol

#86 TracyJaxxson, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  7. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Finley was out of bounds

ACL1 likes this.
  8. TracyJaxxson

TracyJaxxson Member

They're all Divas, and Tmac was well already known for his immaturity before he came here... and I don't recall him picking the lakers during that..lol.
    It's still unfair to compare the 2 while one relied heavily on athleticism around over achieving role players, while Harden relies on his IQ and usually gets to pick which players to bring in..

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=899866#start_here

This was in 2009, when the Rockets were down 2-1 to the Lakers, I believe. It was definitely sometime during that series, though. You know, the one where his teammates battled their hearts out, fought Yao going down in the middle of the series, fought Kobe turning Shane Battier into Carrie at the prom, fought Derek Fisher trying to put his shoulder into Luis Scola's soul, fought for SEVEN grueling games......THAT series. So, basically, what I'm saying is.....screw T-Mac. He never had the heart that these so called "role players" had when he was a Rocket.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yao actually led the team to the second round. We can lament the lack of help for T-Mac throughout most of his career, but the fact is he was up 3-1 on Detroit in 2003, 2-0 on Dallas(and coming home for Games 3 and 4) in 2005, and 2-0 and 3-2 on Utah in 2007. He lost all 3 of those series. He was a great player, but a lousy closer.

11. TracyJaxxson

TracyJaxxson Member

Yeah that series...I hated that series..Ya Ron came in and pretty much took over when he was out..and yeah I remember being mad at him during that.. fk..well, guess he always had **** to say..look at him now....but let's face it.. let his contribution from the streak be the last thing to remember him by..

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Dwight was a good get, he got us into the WCF and we had a chance to contend if he didn't mess his knee up in the first game against golden state.

too bad he PMS'd last season and ruined everything

Ramo$e likes this.
  13. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

are there people that really think Tmac was better than Harden?

Harden is so much better its not even close.

Tmac was soft. You could never call Harden soft.

tinman and Ramo$e like this.