1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[James Harden] Less turnover this season.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 220living, Dec 13, 2017.

1. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

dwight howard profile pic :eek::eek:

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. nemac

nemac Member

Ye I'll do a Chris Paul one soon

3. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

In his defense, I have never seen cp3 turn the ball over 6 times before, or maybe it was against the australian freak since he was born there.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i think it was one of the things harden taught him and has nothing to do with the freak...i already noticed his to proneness vs spurs and these tos were very hardenesque

5. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

The great Rubio will do what tonight?

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i guess triple double is the minimum to expect, since gobert and favors are not playing and they were the reason he sucked

7. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Jeebuz this bearded dude need to calm down sometimes, his live ball turnovers during critical situations are a killer.
    This is is what his 9th season and still havent figured it out yet.
    Come on Hardin you dont get triple double the dubious way with 11 turnovers :(

Crashlanded19 and hakeem94 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Blame it on the head band, aerobic gymnast.

Triple double!!

J Sizzle likes this.
  9. farhen

farhen Member

dude you search this thread just to hate!? GTFO here! This thread is 11 months over

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

the craziest part we almost won.. the unforced live ball turnovers i guess will always be there it is who he is ..hes always done it...i first time noticed it in 2013 series vs okc when we were close to making it 3:3 series... he went to just give the ball to fisher several times down the stretch

( he did it in 2 games in that series)

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Chris Paul was brought in to lessen his load and reduce his TOs, worked well last year, we had the least TOs in the league I recall.

Now Chris is having problems with TOs as well. It has to do with personnel and the Freedom of Movement.

And with advanced age.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahah harden taught him how to do it !

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I observed that the better Defense they play, the less TOs they commit.

But they cannot touch the opponent, which makes it harder for those old geezers to defend on a consistent basis.

cbs1507 and hakeem94 like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

interesting
    ..btw they didnt have problems playing good d until bzdelik come back
    what happened?
    perhaps they started learning some new things on d and it got worse as a result?
    its a well known phenomenon of the learning curve where the performance drops at first as you start learning new things...

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

All the Defense this year and last year were based on Bzdelik's scheme. MDA tried to mix it up with 1 on 1 Defense but quickly changed it back.

I think the players were so overjoyed to hear the news of his return that they played extra hard on Defense.

And it paid off for 7-8 games. I still see some good quarters against Detroit and Cleveland but that was the breaking point.

Teams just ran away with the game.

This year teams are attacking more and looking to draw fouls in general, exactly what the Rox were known for.

PJ and Ennis are giving you 5 points or 15 points a night, that is not consistent at all.
    The bench is giving you less than 20 points overall.

cbs1507 and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden is currently averaging a career high in turnovers at 5.8 a game

it’s disappointing to see this after the improvement he made last season

a lot of them are due to being careless with the ball, but some of them are also due to the complete lack of off-ball movement...guys just stand around the 3 point line not moving at all which makes it so easy for the defense to deny passing lanes...when Harden is in the teeth of defense or is getting pressured, he looks up and sees no clear pass to make

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I went to the game and Harden was absolutely amazing last night. I think at one point John Wall was laughing with D'Antoni about it.

He got tired at the end and committed his last 4 TO's after he had played 40 + minutes because basically the 4 statues offense was in effect for the entirety of the second half. This works fine if you play good defense nad have Chris Paul to take over when he's on teh bench but, we didn't have either of these things.

pippendagimp, glynch and Reeko like this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

How the HELL did we all miss this? This is like a snowfall in Houston in August, and we all just ignored it and went about our business.

Incredible.

hakeem94 and J Sizzle like this.
  19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that was one of the great rocket performances i've seen which ended up in a loss. reminded me of dream's 52 pt game i saw live where we lost to denver. have to say i was really pissed at morey 2 nites ago, wasting harden's prime the same way dream's was. not having a backup pg on the roster to help harden when paul is out is just plain idiocy.

20. basketballholic

I said when he was traded to Utah that he would lead the league in assists. Was not aware of how good Mitchell was going to be. Also misread Snyder. Didn't realize he was going to stay with Factors at the 4 instead of spreading it out. (He should have.)

So I missed on that.

But......I did tell you they were going to kick it defensively and would be in the playoffs and be much better than the Nuggets when the media was picking the Nuggets for the playoffs and picking the Jazz to miss the playoffs.

No big deal. You missed this because you, like many others, come up with your own false narrative regarding my willingness to about when I'm wrong. I've told you repeatedly that when I'm wrong I own it. While the shoe is actually on the other foot. It's you and your buddies that say I can't admit when I'm wrong that are actually the ones that never admit when you're wrong.