1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is the one true king.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Jul 29, 2020.

?

Do you Believe?

1. Yes

76.3%
  2. No

12.6%
  3. I don't care all that much

11.1%
  1. D-rock

D-rock Member

With this much space, other Rockets need to hit their shots.

vlaurelio likes this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

So I think Harden is finally going to be in elite game shape from next game onwards. I feel like we really needed some reps in the half court offense and that game will help a lot, along with providing great practice against 3 bigs (AD, Dwight, McGee).

Westbrook is close too. I think a couple more games.

Tucker is looking a bit slimmer so he may be adjusting to his new body. Does seem to have a bit more lift. He was tired AF before the break.

Covington's shooting is worrying me. It should be stronger. I think he can have better shot selection.

Section123row16seat1 and D-rock like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden also has more 40 point games than Jordan.

mikol13 likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

over 100 more 30 point games than the next closest player...got damn

This is what gets me when people try to downplay what Harden is doing by saying that it’s easier to score in this era. No one in the current NBA is even close to him. If it was so easy, why he is head and shoulders above anyone else in the league offensively? Why is no one else getting doubled at half court? If we had multiple guys averaging 34 or 35 points, then ok, but it’s Harden, and then a bunch of guys not even close to him like it was for MJ back in the 90’s.

if Harden was getting the defensive coverage Luka gets, he probably would’ve finished the season averaging 37 ppg on a TS% over 60

DavidRocket and D-rock like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

This is just wrong. Russ deserves 3rd team, if not 2nd team, All NBA for his play on the court.

And it is an injustice that PJ has never been voted for any All Defense teams his entire career.

‐‐----‐-------

As for the rest of HoopsHype‘s poll, Russell Westbrook and P.J. Tucker each narrowly missed out on the All-NBA Third Team and All-Defensive Second Team, respectively. However, the margin was close enough that it remains possible for either or both to ultimately receive the honor.

donkeypunch likes this.
  9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nice graphics!

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden making space.

And Russ driving pace.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

LeBron got Cle to 6 games after losing Kyrie and Love. Then he beat a 73 win team the following season and made them recruit Durant.

If Harden had moments like that on his resume he’d get praise too. Unfortunately, it’s quite predictable that he will fold. All those bricked 3’s....Harden has plenty of them himself. If he was losing while playing great then maybe he’d get more slack. Hopefully this year is different but if it isn’t no one will be surprised.

15. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Harden is a better player than Lebron ever was....and yes I’m serious. No drugs or influence here.

yes Lebron has won titles.....but I’ll always say he had the benefit and luxury of being in the East.

Harden has done more for the game than Lebron has. He’s a stud horse that’s made of iron and has shouldered loads greater than Lebron ever has and sustained it remarkably.

topfive and D-rock like this.
  16. HardenVolumeOne

LeBron has played with more all-nba players since Bill Russell. From dwayne wade, to kyrie to kevin love to chris bosh, to derrick rose, to isiah thomas( celtics version), to anthony davis. Im probably leaving somebody out

you give harden that kind of talent and he may not make 8 straight finals but he damn sure gets to at least 5

D-rock and DavidRocket like this.
  17. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Harden is legit a rarefied air type of talent ala Hakeem, MJ. It would be very disappointing if he doesn’t get at least a ring to top off a magnificent career and story.

I believe a lot of his fans still take him for granted. He has changed the game....many times and other players are inspired to emulate him. That’s it....

D-rock likes this.
  18. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

bro great points. Harden is one of the best players I’ve ever seen.....and it looks so effortless for him to utilize his spectacular handles with a step back 3 that is a high percentage shot for him. Simply the best and deserves a ring.....

Reeko and D-rock like this.
  19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Harden's "getting into game shape" numbers hahahahahahahaha

D-rock likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lebron lost 2x as many finals than he has won. And Harden has never been swept by GSW.

EVER.