1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is the BEST player in the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HR Dept, Feb 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. the shark

the shark Member

Harden has been on freakin FIRE, and it's been fun to watch!!!

There's still half a season left to see who the MVP is (IMO it's been Harden thus far).

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Yet Sekou Smith says Harden is only 3rd in the MVP race.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Harden is playing Jordan-esque offensively, dare I say it

1 person likes this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

When he is in the zone, he certainly looks Jordan-esque.

5. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

mehh... don't think that matters honestly. Harden has been named POM in 2 out of 3 months. Curry's gotten it once, and Lebron has yet to get one. The way Harden has been playing to start Feb, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets it for the 3rd month in a row.

In the 4 games in Feb, he's averaging 36.3ppg, 6.8rpg, 6.5apg, 1.8spg and shooting 52% fg and 50% 3pt%

6. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I should also add that recent history shows that the player that has been named POM the most usually ends up being named the MVP.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Compared to Harden Jordan is an inefficient chucker.

8. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

Offensively, Harden is in the neighborhood, but Jordan is a career 30 PPG on almost 50% FG%. Harden shoots the 3 and FT slightly better.

Defensively, though Harden has made improvements, there's still a huge gap. Jordan was a Defensive Player of the Year and nine time All Defensive First Team.

I don't think Harden will ever be a top defender; hope I'm wrong.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

No sir, Lebron James is still holding down that title. James Harden has a long way to go before being anointed as the best in the NBA. He is most definitely on the right track.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Earlier in the season, Harden was over relying on drawing fouls. Now, he is no longer doing that. The evolution of his offensive game, is creating mismatch problems for everyone. His improved defense is making a big difference as well.

11. koldlaser

koldlaser Member

I have to wonder the percentage of CF are also Texans fans because the argument for JJ Watt for mvp is so unanimous on the Texans board even though they failed to make the playoffs. The parallel argument here that Davis shouldn't be mvp because his team is not in the playoffs picture is ridiculous and hypocritical if you truly believe JJ Watt is the NFL mvp.

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

To be fair, Orlando Tracy won player of the month 4 times (0 times with Houston). I agree with you that he wasn't a 'winner' like Harden is, but he was a 'recognised' player.

To argue in your favour, McGrady has featured in the top 10 for 'FG misses' 7 times in his career - he won the category despite never leading the NBA in field goal attempts - and is top 50 all time for misses, despite having a shortened career due to injury. Poor guy, he could have been the all-time 'misser'

13. jbasket

jbasket Member

So two teams, each with a stud player:

One team has two studs. One has been out all year, so they rely on one stud. Still have the 4th best record in league.
    Other team is going to get the 12th pick in the draft.

Am I missing something?

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Ad can't create.