1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is the BEST player in the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HR Dept, Feb 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

... and if pigs had winds, they could fly too. The question is whether a player's greatness can elevate his team to another level.

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Edit Edit Edit

3. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Curry doesn't belong in that list. Westbrook does.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Terribly untrue

there has been no point in NBA history where the best player in the NBA cannot qualify for the playoffs

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Except one has a teammate who can put up 52 points and only has a team a few games ahead of Houston.

One plays in the Eastern Conference.

One has been injured for a large part of the year and is struggling to get his team into the Playoff picture.

One can't get his team into the Playoff picture.

One has helped his team be a top 3 team in the West with 22million either sitting on the bench injured or looking uninterested and hurting his team for a large portion of the season.

Can you tell me again how exactly it's a toss up?

7. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

8. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Hating on Durant for where OKC is not really fair. The only reason they are (most likely) going to be in the playoffs is him but the reason they are only going to be 8th is because he was hurt. We would have that garbage record too if Harden was hurt to start the season..............but still, Harden has had a better season than anyone.

9. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/amr8T65WpLA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Stephen A Smith
    Say what you will but it's truly time to Fear The Beard. This boy James Hardin is putting on an absolute show. The Suns can't stop him.

11. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Players i'd take and the order in a fantasy draft that takes age into account:

Durant
    Lebron
    Anthony Davis
    Harden
    Curry
    Leonard
    Westbrook
    Lilliard
    John Wall
    Paul George

12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

13. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Im getting sick of the amount of disrespect harden is getting. The rockets hate nationally is off the chart

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

the TNT guys seemed to gush over harden for the entire game tonight. it is the most positive i have heard anyone besides the houston guys talk about him this season that i can remember.

15. JesusAllen

JesusAllen Member

If were being fair , AD talent around him is equal if not better than james if you take away Dwight. James real advantage when you compare the two and their teams is is that Harden has a top 5 D supporting his amazing play. After Harden , that is the most important part of this team. That defense can be credited to coaching.

While James should be the MVP of this season. Its real debate between him and Davis on who is the better/more impactful player. Honestly, there's nothing more you could ask for Davis to do.

its a toss up to me.

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nvE1hT2tBbk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I have no idea why people say this. Makes no sense to me.

18. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

For ****s and giggles, I checked out the NBA.com MVP ladder for the first time this season. As expected, the media darling was number 1. I can see the argument as to why Curry might be the MVP by a nose hair. I scroll down thinking that Harden was no doubt in second place but to my surprise, I see Lebron ****ing James there instead. I mean seriously, how can anyone mount an argument that Harden hasn't had a better season?

19. Remii

Remii Member

How many of those players on that list can lead a team to the playoffs in the western conference with no other star player....??? Harden is the only one who has done that and he's doing this year as well.

It's very clear.

20. okeezie

okeezie Member

Who cares? Are those guy available? If not, who cares?

1 person likes this.