1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

James Harden is gonna get screwed over again in MVP Voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenTime, Jan 1, 2017.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

[again, sorry Clutch], but **** this cockSekouer googly eyed Urkel lookin' ass.

I'd kick his ass (in a game of horse) right here, right now if I could.

#1141 LosPollosHermanos, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Sekou's arguments were pure garbage...Lord have mercy. Greenberg destroyed him with straight up facts and sound logic. We need more guys like Greenberg making their case for Harden on TV. 1 thing I've noticed is that the guys who are for Harden are generally more logical and knowledgeable while a lot of the guys for Russ sound like dumbasses with opinions like "if Westbrook averages 9.9 assists instead of 10.0 then he's no longer my MVP"...

Fawkward, Richie_Rich and HTX Ninja like this.
  3. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Excuse my language, but over the years there has always been one watermelon head r****d for the NBA that should as far as possible from proving any insight whatsoever. I am fine with saying WB is the MVP....but Sucki Smith makes no substantial points.. ever. In fact, the "we need to give it to the player most valuable to his team" bit has NEVER been used. Harden took the rockets to the 2nd seed and he still wasnt able to get it over Steph. I'm tired of analysis being driven by these idiots I really am. It ruins this game for me. This is coming from someone who has criticized how much we are hyping James for the MVP.

J Sizzle likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Greenberg sounded like he'd been reading Harden MVP threads on Clutchfans :D

2 more rpg does not make up for almost 10 more wins, and I love how he brought up that nobody is acknowledging how the Rockets were never expected to be this good...we all saw the over/unders and offseason predictions this summer

Richie_Rich and HTX Ninja like this.
  5. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Ive maintained this over the years, the triple double is (largly) the MOST useless stat in the game. It's nothing but hype on aesthetics. The rule of 10s hypes up casual NBA fans and observers. Someone with 59,9,9 can't be phrased the way someone with a 10,10,10 can

Wylo likes this.
  6. split41

split41 Member

This video makes me happy that at least someone (Greenberg) is using their brain, but also sad at the stubbornness of a WB dickrider.

They only lean on Russ so much, because he wants to be 2005-2006 Kobe, but the difference between that Kobe and Russ is that Kobe's team was actually trash (Smush parker...), Russ' team isn't - he just doesn't get his teammates involved. Kanter, Oladipo and Adams have all been completely marginalised by WB. Don't penalise Harden for utilising his teammates, penalise WB for underutilising his.

It's quite clear why KD left, Russ can't share the spotlight. Russ won't go for a hockey assist, it needs to be a straight assist or he's jacking up a shot. Bigs are boxing out for him, the fact that he is #1 in Uncontested rebounds with a crazy 8.5 (http://stats.nba.com/players/rebounding/#!?sort=REB_UNCONTEST&dir=1) should tell everyone all they need to be know...he's a stat-padder

and a chucker (without the efficiency to warrant it). I feel like I'm taking crazy pills over here.

#1146 split41, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Wow. If I didn't know Westbrook was already guaranteed the MVP because of 2 rebounds, this would have triggered me.

The amount of dumb ass arguments for Westbrook... wow.

Let me guess, Greenberg doesn't have a vote.

8. WestendMassive

Did anyone catch Sekou saying Harden hasn't had the otherworldly games like Westbrook has had?

While at the same time there was a graphic on the screen that said Harden two 50+ point triple doubles this season?!

What's Sekou on about?

9. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Sekou should commit seppuku.

Richie_Rich and WestendMassive like this.
  10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Sekou explanation sounds so stupid. Both Russ and Harden are having incredible seasons. When you look at both of their teams, both would have trouble making the playoffs without either player. Both are averaging great numbers. Both are winning. Both have elevated their games to a whole other level. At the end of the day, James has his team in the contender conversation versus Russ only has his team as a possibly one and done in the playoffs. The choice is simple as to who should be the MVP.

People outside of Houston just hate James. That's the only reason I can think of why they will not vote for him.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It makes me happy that, even though Westbrook is going to win MVP, it's because the Broussard's and the Sekou's and the Royce Young's of the world are the reason for that. Everybody knows those guys are dumb. So even when Westbrook wins, strong chance people will look back and wonder how he ended up getting it outside of pure stats.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Like I keep saying, that Rockets-Thunder showdown in 10 days may very well determine the MVP winner.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ouch

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

James better drop a triple double because 75/20/9 is not going to cut it.

15. jae713

jae713 Member

Did he just say the award should be to the guy who puts his team in championship contention? That would be James too. This guy is straight trash. :mad:

16. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

People giving third and fourth place votes to James are just haters.

18. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Westbrook is going to have trouble against Harden because he's going to get a lot of 3rd and 4th place votes by voters who disqualify him for the Thunder's record. Harden should be at least top two from almost everyone regardless of criteria.

Richie_Rich, Reeko, samtaylor and 3 others like this.
  19. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's the 2016 presidential election all over again!! Shadow Harden supporters!?

Parallels, on Parallels, on Parallels!

Daddy Long Legs and Stormy1234 like this.