1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is gonna get screwed over again in MVP Voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenTime, Jan 1, 2017.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Westbrooks averages have been done before

DonKnock likes this.
  2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Im not saying James is doing great things. One of the best statistical seasons ever. But averaging a triple double is historical and will be talked about another 25 years. Its like somebody having a monster baseball season offensively but is on a title contender vs pace to win a triple crown on a borderline playoff team.. Guess which one's gonna get the most media coverage? Cause history is involved.

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Not when you look at his numbers in detail. His scoring is not great (32 points on 24 shots). His assists to turnovers is not great. His rebounding is not great, especially considering all the gift rebounds his team is letting him chase. And his defense is pathetic.

The hype is historic though.

DonKnock, BigMaloe, Zergling and 2 others like this.
  4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Lmao true.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I'd be interested in the media's opinion on which tri-dub was better.

Westbrook - 57-13--11 highest scoring tri-dub
    Harden - 53-16-17 First and only 50-15-15

Whoever says Westbrook was gonna vote Westbrook no matter the case.

If Harden switched stats, they'd say, "Oscar didn't win MVP either". LMAO

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He is losing it right now by dropping off significantly in these last few.

DD

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

DELETE

Tha_Dude likes this.
  8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He ain't getting screwed... he's screwing himself.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden has severely hurt his case these last 3 games. He just needs to focus on getting his wrist right for the playoffs. This version of Harden isn't taking us anywhere in the postseason. He's looked like a shell of himself and is playing too tentatively trying to protect his wrist. Just sit out and get it as close to 100% as possible. We need u to play like an MVP in the playoffs.

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Luckily, spurs beats OKC. Harden is still lead Westbrooks

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

you know if you went up to harden and told him he was playing tentatively because of his wrist, he would say GTFO. I understand he has a sore wrist but people are drawing too many conclusions....

13. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

I am so much of a harden fan that it pisses me off knowing that he might not get the MVP cause of r****ded Mike Dantonio putting Gordon as starting forward instead of a real power foward(harrell/dekker)...

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Idc what he would say...dude has looked atrocious since he aggravated his injury against OKC

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  15. Zergling

Zergling Member

Unfortunately his biggest case is his team being top 3 in the league and that won't be enough to stop the media hype machine over Westbrook. He's now behind Westbrook in RPM, RPM wins, value added, PER stats. Still the league leader in points created + points scored by a mile

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think if Harden wins it won't be because of Westbrook, it'll be because of Kawhi Leonard or Isiah Thomas.

People really seem to forget that it is ranking votes. As it is right that many will go with Westbrook because of his triple double, there are many that simply will just award winning and thus may put Kawhi or Thomas over him.

So it's not Harden vs Westbrook, if it were then yes, Harden would lose (even though I'm still taking Harden over Westbrook.). It is Harden vs Westbrook vs Lebron vs Kawhi vs IT...

Basically, I could see Harden getting more 2nd place votes while Westbrook may see some 3rd place votes because of team position. Harden I think (and hope) will get nothing but 2nd and 1st place votes which may do the trick for him.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We are homers and would still vote Harden but WB's stamina has me impressed.

I also would consider Kawhi seriously.

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I think he would've been better off going out on a high note by sitting to see if the wrist improved. Playing terribly down the stretch doesn't help his MVP campaign or the team overall. I'm inclined to think voters who were already leaning Harden would have understood an injury and the need to heal -- but it's really hard to turn a blind eye to how poorly he's playing right now.

J.R., DreamShook and split41 like this.
  19. riko

riko Member

He screwed himself brotha by not sticking to just being a passer if his wrist is effecting his shot man

20. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

If Harden doesn't win, the Intel drone delivering the trophy will be hacked. The drone will crash and the trophy will shatter. Hopefully it will land on some celebrities and not innocent seat fillers.

[​IMG]