1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is gonna get screwed over again in MVP Voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenTime, Jan 1, 2017.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Who hacked the official ESPN twitter account?

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I get what you're saying, but u always gotta have faith in your teammates. Harden deferring to guys like Bev and Ariza keeps them engaged and makes them more willing to do things like play hard defense. Nobody wants to barely touch the ball on offense and just watch a guy jack up 23-24 shots each night. I think that what Harden does helps the team in the long run. Guys want to play with him and are happy.

DonKnock, Yung-T and MorningZippo like this.
  3. Wylo

Wylo Member

I think as role players, they shouldn't be expected to do a lot more than just catch-and-shoot on the offensive side of the floor. The ball can move around, but eventually it should land in Harden's hands as opposed to Ariza or Bev awkwardly dribbling his way into the defense. Every time Ariza and Beverley try to make something happen by themselves, something goes wrong and it's just another wasted possession for us. Give those possessions to Harden and it will help boost his individual stats as well as help our chances of winning.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup as a true competitor it has to be extremely difficult to play with WB. Of course if you're on his team you're going to ride with him as your teammate but watching someone jack up 24+ shots a game isn't exactly ideal as far as a team game. Obviously he's a great talent but his IQ is not up to par with that. I'll give it to him though as far as these numbers aren't empty in the sense that okc isn't some losing team, compared to how many other players seem to have numbers but don't translate to W's. He's good enough to lead the team to beat up on the lesser teams in the league but not enough to beat the better ones. They may not have a realistic chance to win a ring but losing a KD, and he has his team potentially losing less than 10 games off their win total from last season. It'll be interesting since WB is locked up for awhile in OKC, who would actually choose on their own to come play there in the coming seasons. Because lets face it, WB is an alpha and he's going to remain that way no matter who is next to him. His style of play isn't changing.

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I'm shocked his teammates are okay with it. Players looking to get paid want their numbers too and they're not gonna let Russ steal their stats and hurt their future contracts.

I'll be honest, I thought Gibson (UFA next year) would be the one to elbow Russ while going for a board reminding him to get his midget ass out the lane. He's gonna be a UFA and Russ is stealing from him by grabbing all his boards. Imagine someone like Rodman or Barkley on that team, they would knock Russ out.

6. ipaman

That's true and unfortunately for him/them, his style isn't sustainable. He'll be 29 next season so he's going to start to slow down and/or get hurt. He plays like a madman and I'm surprised he's survived this season so far. Meanwhile James has that old man game on lock down. He can keep doing his thing for awhile.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

probably but im sure hes heard that more than enough times. He still has a good amount of years left barring a major injury of course. And remember he's like this after those knee injuries. o_O

Yung-T likes this.
  8. ipaman

PEDs?

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

haha who knows these days right

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I've seen this sentiment posted a few times on here and I don't know if it'll be that easy. Players are as stupid, and sometimes more so, than media members. You can see it in the comments of a lot of player analysts who are completely blinded by the words triple double. Most athletes won't look at Harden's stats to see he's right there and definitely won't dig anywhere past the surface. He can win both but actually think he has a better shot at the real MVP.

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

yea, he does have a vote this year and he's voting for WB like he said and probably won't even have Harden in his top 3. Such a joke. Now I have him more when I play 2k.

12. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

I'm really beginning to think Westbrook is using deer antler spray or some type of PED. No way anybody can have that much endurance

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Another Idiot Shaq - Westbrook is the MVP leader

Dennis Scott - I agreee with that

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lou williams the single biggest reason we're down right now. get this scrub off the court

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He sure is the guy that gets the most motivation in the waning games of the regular season.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Are you sure? I don't recall him having a vote.

http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/04/2015-16-Most-Valuable-Player.pdf

When you look at that list it's not many players on there that have a vote. Just browsing though it Jon Barry has a vote.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

18. Zergling

Zergling Member

Do you guys really expect the media to vote Harden as MVP this year? The same media that didn't even want to put him on an all-NBA team last year? Just accept the inevitable.

19. split41

split41 Member

I'm with you, time to rest Harden's wrist. We can make a deep run in the playoffs if we are clicking on all cylinders, but we won't go anywhere if Harden is absolutely gassed.

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

I'm not going to take anything away from Westbrook, he's just as deserving and maybe even more. However, since 2015 was the same for Harden and he didn't win it, Westbrook getting it this year would be a kick to the crotch!

Zergling likes this.