1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden in Vegas night before training camp starts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Dec 6, 2020.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I love the optimism.

IslandB.O.I. likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Social media
    Hahahahahahahaha

3. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

I mean he would still be a couple days out from practicing with his teammates. Every day he spends away, is that many more days he is from joining the team. He knows this and is making the conscious decision to stay away.So I’m hoping this is him returning to Houston.

4. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

So odd... He can do whatever he wants but it’s so odd he wasn't ready to work... Shows you why MJ is the GOAT.

ipaman likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Very exciting of course. I love seeing my franchise going into the gutter because of an entitled athlete who makes 40 mil a year who can't show up to work on time.

linvetb6 likes this.
  6. Mr. Space City

7. Hesitation

Hesitation Member

His behavior is a shame. This roster needs leadership and not a superstar whos partying while everyone is in training camp.
    defending him against all the critism is very hard atm

linvetb6 likes this.
  8. Bo6

Bo6 Member

so this is how it ends huh...

linvetb6 likes this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nothing to do with rappers or classy parties or anything.

The main difference with Jordan's partying is that it came after he won rings and championships, that's when all that stuff happened. So people see it as "Well, the man deserves it, he's at the top." Jordan didn't forego practice either. Harden missed a workday in favor of a party, which I'm sure would be fine if he told the team ahead of time "I'm doing this or that won't be there..." would be a little better I am sure but clearly he didn't as we see.

For example. Klay parties a lot too, hangs out with instathots all the time, no one gives a **** because Klay has rings.

Harden on the other hand...doesn't. So it looks like he's not focused on winning or he's indifferent to it because he should be there day 1 and it's just disrespectful to his teammates that are.

People really thought this guy and Butler would have gotten along? Season would have ended with Butler choking Harden.

Jordan did party but he did it on his time. He didn't miss practices or team events for it. So when people bring up Jordan's partying let's remember that he would have never done this. Like it's one thing to party after a game on your own time and another thing to miss a game or practice because of it. Rodman got crucified for the latter.

Jordan too, like a lot of old school players, didn't go running off to other teams to play with star players because he thought he was the best and that he would prevail in the end. Yet star players that think this get trashed and called delusional and they are few and far between now.

I guess we'll see. Either Harden will nut up and try to lead this team while he's here or he'll be a baby about this and try to get traded to the Nets.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Also if Jordan never won a ring, his gambling addiction would be the most talked about thing with him "Such a talented player wasting his career with off the court addictions".

That would have been the narrative with Jordan if he never won rings.

linvetb6 and JayGoogle like this.
  11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Harden quickly turning into Dollar Tree Barkley.

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I guess the real questions are:
    1. How many more days does this affect his COVID quarantine?
    2. When does he actually come back?

linvetb6 likes this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So are we going to lose a draft pick in 2030 because one of our players is violating the pandemic protocol?

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Im not going to turn into a petty square because of some meaningless day 1 deadline that if he's not there then all of a sudden dude is going to be a distraction. He told the team he would be back. Has he not earned a little leeway? Sitting on the sidelines wheel watching and bopping because he's not doing what some fans would want him to do is channeling negative energy where there is no problem. If he's not here game 1 then you can start the pity party and circle jerks of pain, but until then we are talking about PRACTICE.

Everyone needs to chill and let it play out before they start calling for his head and inventing reasons to hate the guy. He's putting up with an imbecile of an owner, and a new coach who's "giving him space" ... Lets see what happens. I dont think you can claim "he doesnt want to be here" just by missing one individual workout.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

She's no terri hatcher.

18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Didn't know Utah had elite strip joints.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

On a side note, Trevelin Queens abandoning ship.