1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden got into an argument with a reporter after his media session

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Hmm

Hmm Member

"The floor got sticky" - McHale

"Dude is clairvoyant, he saw the futility of even trying on that one before anyone else did." - Jaygoogle

2. Hmm

Hmm Member

See anything in Harden's consistent "it happens(everyone remember this one?)", and now "it's just basketball, weirdo", "I'm not worried about my offense, we just can't get stops" attitude to root for...?

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He asked the same question multiple times...I don't see how anyone defends that, he was baiting a player that just lost a tough game. Not sure what people expected.

Kobe would have roasted that reporter, yall know that.

It means nothing in the end, unless he's pointing fingers at his teammates the media stuff does not mean much.

Harden's never been a media guy so I don't know. Tim Duncan always has a casual dismissive behavior and hardly ever talks about himself. He would say "We played bad too"

This is a mountain out of a molehill. How he responds the next game is a lot more important than this media stuff.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Pretty much, instead we defend the reporter that asks the same question over and over again...

5. j3i

j3i Member

The video is 5 minutes of Harden calmly answering questions. Must have been really out of nowhere.

6. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

That was the most alarming part of the game to me. That was the difference between the game being immediately over or still giving us a chance (which obviously didn't pan out).

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

But yet he is the Superstar who decided not to give 100% out there and everybody sees that sh17. He is not playing like he is hungry , settling for jumpers and shying away from the big moment. After game 1 he said he will put out a better effort and pimpn he didn't(paraphrasing of course.

Yes they are all playing horrific defense but if the #1guy shots at least 35-40% and get to the line like he did in the regular season. We would have won both of these games.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I see a 24 year old kid thrust onto the biggest stage of the world with unbelievable pressure and his so called fans being spoiled douche bags.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Nothing new.
    We turned on Alston.
    We turned on Brooks, after his injury.
    We turned on Lowry, after his usurping by Dragic.
    We turned on Dragic, after he declined to come back.
    We turned on Lin, when we figured out he's not a superstar.
    We have yet to turn on Bev, but we will!

We have turned on so many point guards alone.

10. Asian Sensation

They were valid questions. Harden should've just answered the truth and replied "it's on me".

11. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

He's worried about "our" defense as a team... James are you ****ing kidding you punk ? No one on that team expends less energy and effort on the defensive end than you boss, time to start taking some personal accountability Mr. Best SG in the NBA. This guy and his act are actually pissing me off now as a fan of this team...

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If he can't handle the pressure then he doesn't deserve to get paid max money.

13. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

He needs a coach. They all do. This is a young team. They need to be taught how to win

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In that video Harden is clearly facing a hard moment and takes the loss and just trying to get through it. C'mon people he's a young young guy with enormous pressure and that pressure is impacting him. I'm glad he got upset and has some emotion in him. Far better than not caring.

Harden needs a coach who can give him the right guidance. McHale is not providing that it appears. The defensive intensity and pressure is giving him fits and he is coming unhinged in the game.

Part of this is the growing experience. To be in a playoff where the opposing team is not only focused on stopping you, but also where you are expected to lead a team on a contender - rough stuff. He clearly needs a mentor.

15. Solaris

Solaris Member

A very funny post, coming from a guy who trashes Rocket player everyday on CF.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Don't make excuses for Harden . What he did was bull****, that play where he quit and Parsons bailed his ass out is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. By the way Clutch put it, I think we know who he thinks was in the wrong.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He deserves max money based on what he did in the regular season alone.

18. yummyhawtsauce

kid? he's a 5th yr pro, he is what he is, if u wanna see a superstar look at lebron in his 5th yr, KD, wade, Kobe, Duncan, KG in their 5th years

19. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Its clear to see that Howard got hot early and we ended up getting out of rhythm with the rest of our players. Sure Howard was scoring at a good rate but collectively we don't play disciplined defense. Aldridge was still shooting high arcing fadeaways, I don't see Portland staying hot for the rest of the series but we need to put more pressure on Aldridge and maintain pressure on Liliard. T.Jones isn't making as much of an impact so I don't see why McHale isn't switching up the line up using D.Mo and Asik more.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

LOL

That's a good one though, it's funny because that's what people wanted him to say yet they trashed a previous Rockets player for saying exactly that till this very day.