1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden & Dwight Howard expectations

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets025, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Harden might have dropped the ball in the playoffs , but I have a feeling him and dwight are about to come out like a bat out of hell.

I think they are about to become the next kobe and Shaq. I think harden had a bad serious because of the expectations to win a championship with dwight there. I don't think he will ever perform like that again. Along with dwight, I think he is done messing around and going to be in game mode all season. After his performance in last years playoffs and his quotes after the loss, I think he is done being goofy and funny dwight and going to be the best center again.

With the loss of parsons I think they are about to come together and be the best duo in the nba. Having Beverly's D against the leagues best PG, and his 10-12pts avg. Along with solid role players to help add to the scoreboard such as Daniels and Ariza, I think we will be okay. These big bodies Morey is signing will be great for defense since we were the worst ranked team

1 person likes this.
  2. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Dwights attitude will be different because he was embarrassed last season and I know harden was as well. I think harden is going to be playing the passing lanes on defense this season. Something tells me him n ariza are going to get many steals.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

I nominate Patrick Beverley as the new glue guy.

4. thejav

thejav Member

im gonna say harden will be better on defense with ariza next to him..

5. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

We have the best SG and C in the game. We will be fine. Morey will get another star either through trade or 15' free agency.

1 person likes this.
  6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm sure Dwight will, but not sure about Harden. Well, I'm just not sure it'll last the season for Harden. He'll probably start well and then revert back during the middle of the season and then maybe well snap out of it later.

7. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Haha I agree

I honestly think Beverly has become the new fan favorite because of how much effort and work he does. The dude played with a "torn" MCL and was playing while running a 103' degree fever. I read a article that he had to be rushed to be hooked up to IVs. If he was fully healthy and harden would have performed it would have been a different serious

It's about to be Bev+Harden+Howard instead of Harden+Howard+Parsons

If they trade Pat, McHale, harden and dwight, May just kill Morey themselves

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Beverly aka Wolverine posted this around 1 or 2 in the morning a day or so ago. Around the time the Parsons quotes regarding the Rockets came out.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Motivated about this year. Headed to the gym.</p>&mdash; Patrick Beverley (@patbev21) <a href="https://twitter.com/patbev21/statuses/488934325090390016">July 15, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think it's safe to say these guy's are ****ing hungry. I believe we'll see different more motivated Rocket team this upcoming year, specially on the defensive end.

9. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I couldn't be prouder of my former Razorback, P Bev.

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Harden started off bad last season and then heated up in February-ish

11. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

After his twitter post about the Bad Boys 30 for 30, I'm pretty sure he watches it every night while dreaming about being on that team

12. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Bev is even more of a leader on this team going into this season, and I think he will set the tone defensively along with Ariza. Harden knows how much flack he takes for his defense, and I think he'll come around. No reason he can't be a good defender. He's definitely shown flashes here and there. This team will be improved as a whole going into the season.