1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden does not have the heart of a champion.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 2, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Dude...I'm done here, you can make your points and have the last word but I think we wont come to an agreement here.

D-rock likes this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So points scored is the only way to "play your heart out"

So assisting or scoring on the last 13 points is not being aggressive?

You wanting Westbrook to have the ball over Harden means you did not watch game 6 and says an awful lot about you and how we should listen to anything you say.

D-rock likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

When has Leonard ever had a team like the Rockets?

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And he does not have a PG or Lou Williams.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

james just need to channel his inner nelly

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Why are you arguing with me then, I have said in multiple responses to you that SGA is neither the best player nor the reason why he was relied on to be OKC's best scorer.

And the only one building straw men is the one putting down "biased stats" without providing any data in support for their own argument other than speculative opinion.

Your takes are trash.

7. dmoneybangbang

What does that mean? The Toronto team had a good supporting cast but no true second star and SAS had aging stars, arguably past being stars.

I think Nurse and POP are awesome coaches.... so that does help.

8. Vivid

Vivid Member

For fans, being ride or die for your home team is our version of having a heart of a champion. It is so easy to b**** and moan. It's is soooo easy. That's why everyone complains. It feels so good to complain. You get to say "I told you so" when you complain. There is virtually no consequence to complaining. You still get to enjoy the wins when you complain. It is the cowards move, it is the folding under pressure. It is pouting when you don't get the result you want.

I am with those that will defend this team to the grave. That ride with small ball when we get out rebounded. That ride with raining 3's when we miss 18 in a row. We put ourselves out there. We will get dragged through the mud if the Lakers win, when Harden has a bad game. But you know what?

We ALL celebrate when we win.

So to my ride or dies, they may be the vacuous and vocal but we are the valiant and we will be validated. To my complainers, I'll see you at the finish line a couple beers in hand, because when we win it will be glorious for all who rep red. Go Rockets!

HP3 likes this.
  9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Absolutely wrong. Watch the games. SGA had bad games in games 1, 5, and 6.

Again, if you think he reached expectations, then you need to reevaluate your standards.

Stop trying to include Murray into the conversation. He's a 4th year player. The vast majority of players are better in their 4th year than in their 2nd.

And again, just because SGA has playoff experience doesn't mean he's experienced. Look at the final play of the series. That alone should tell you he's inexperienced.

He didn't play well. Stop looking at averages. He had 3 bad games. You can't have 3 bad games and then "play well" for an entire series.

Why do you keep defending Michael Porter? He's making mistakes so his minutes are getting cut.....and you're somehow spinning that into a good thing? Get real.

Because unlike you, I actually watched the games.

Schroder was terrible in games 1, 6, and 7.

Why do you deny these facts?

If you dislike my example, then ask a better question. When you say something like "make or break", that limits the answer to specific examples.

So don't complain about getting specific examples when you're asking for them. sheesh.

Glad you're finally able to admit that we took advantage of SGA's weaknesses.

It goes to his role on the team. He has a prominent role, and he underperformed.....unless you expected him to have 3 bad games.

I was curious so I looked at their fan site. There aren't many posters, but none of them were happy with Gallinari's performance.

The way you phrased it makes it impossible to refute. That's why it's intellectually dishonest.

Gallinari could literally sit on the court for 48 minutes, and as long as OKC won, then he "played well enough for OKC to win."

It's absolutely pathetic.

Why aren't you getting that when he plays poorly in an OKC win, OKC doesn't win BECAUSE of him. They win IN SPITE OF him.

There's a reason that every OKC fan on their fan site is saying "good riddance" to Gallinari.

10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I'm sorry you lack the wherewithal to understand my argument.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL harden is holding back this championship team all along

we want lin, KM, dragic, and lowry back

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It appears Harden has a fire lit. Anti-jinx worked.

14. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

This thread aged well.