1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden: Daryl Morey is a Liar

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Roomba, Aug 14, 2023.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wow, that's a damned good analogy, as in there's no going back. (Sigh.)

2. ExTexanNowEastCoast

Who?

Howard, Paul and Westbrook?

Embiid is going down the Yao/Bill Walton route of oft-injured player. He may become a 6th man in three seasons.

Come on man!

3. ExTexanNowEastCoast

Who?

Howard, Paul and Westbrook?

Embiid is going down the Yao/Bill Walton route of oft-injured player. He may become a 6th man in three seasons.

Come on man!

Jontro likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

He does seem to be enjoying his time in China.

How are the strippers in China? [​IMG]

i3artow i3aller and daywalker02 like this.
  5. ExTexanNowEastCoast

I must say, I just noticed that when he called DM a liar, the crowd cheered/clapped.

Iguodala has a point. JH is much smarter than people give him credit for. He will likely sell more shoes and jerseys now. Heck, he may even be able to play a few years in China when he is done with the NBA, a la Starbury.

clos4life likes this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Harden has been done as a franchise player for years now.

But
    Mchale hasn’t won squat without Larry Bird. In Uniform! Who hired him as HC after HTown fired him? Mchale is an idiot.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Darrell hired him. Leslie Alexander wanted someone who would be nice for the media but a poor choice overall.

8. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Are you calling Dwight a "generational talent"? And Russell Westbrick??? God I hope not.

9. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I certainly agree Harden is part of the problem, as I think I was getting at in a couple prior posts. My main point is some of the people I was replying to are going quite a bit overboard in how much blame they are placing on him. I think there are clearly some poor circumstances out of his control ("bad luck") at each of these teams (or at least Houston and Brooklyn), and at least to some extent, you can empathize with why he wanted a change both times.

I also think it's unclear how much Harden wanted guys like Westbrook or to trade Paul. I think we've heard lots of different things about some of those situations, but given everything we know, it seems likely to me that Fertitta was the primary factor in acquiring Westbroke, but obviously at minimum, Harden had to give the OK... and he shouldn't have.

Easy, TexasTofu and clos4life like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And I would add another #...#4.

Dude never had a real relationship with stars (outside probably of WB and partly Durant, WB because they were childhood friends.)

Tucker would be one of the few role player friends.

He rather gets together with rappers and hoodlums.

Implications that he is sort of a loner in the basketball world.

That makes it pretty easy for him to either change sceneries, cut ties or demand trades for co-players every other year.

#110 daywalker02, Aug 16, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
  11. clos4life

clos4life Member

It's easy to go extreme, no one wants to hear the rational takes.

daywalker02 and SuperMarioBro like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

James Harden, like Danuel House Jr. before him, is playing a dangerous game.

clos4life and i3artow i3aller like this.
  13. i3artow i3aller

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Danuel House jr. like Ime Udoka played the secksey game.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

His Sagaciousness, Beacon of Truth Kendrick Perkins has spoken.

J.R. likes this.
  16. i3artow i3aller

17. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

After the atrocious performance in the last couple of games of elimination in 2 seasons, I do not blame Morey to change his mind about giving Harden a max deal. Liar or not, Morey has to think of the team first. Morey is an idiot too for promising Harden anything if it is true.

Seems like Harden and Morey both will be jobless soon.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I don't like either of them personally, but like it or not, those guys were absolutely good enough complimentary stars to win a title with.

Miss me with this "past their prime" nonsense.

James just wasn't up to the task. Perhaps he could have if not for the superteam BS, but we'll never know.

roslolian and dmoneybangbang like this.
  19. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

OK we're at an impasse... There's a reason even LeBron couldn't make Worstbrook look like a halfway passable point guard, and even Durant couldn't get him to the finals (and that was before he forgot how to shoot free throws and 3s). Westbrick actually had, IIRC, his most efficient scoring season ever playing besides Harden, despite clearly being over the hill. And they even took a game from the eventual champs, against the odds. But putting lipstick on a pig can only get you so far.

Similarly, even Kobe and Gasol could barely get Dwight into the playoffs the year before he came to Houston. Then Harden takes his overrated bum ass to the WCF after he misses half of the regular season.

I simply could not disagree with you more about this. As far as "star power" goes, Harden had straight garbage in Houston, other than Chris Paul. Harden made both Howard and Westbrook look like they were worth half a sht. There's a reason neither won a title without him, either (2020 doesn't count for Dwight for reasons I hope to god I don't have to explain).

#119 SuperMarioBro, Aug 16, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
  20. omgTHEpotential

Looks like Harden wants to follow in DMo's footsteps.