1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden clearly out of shape...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Nov 4, 2015.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Then don't respond. You obviously need to be sheltered from opposing viewpoints or you become frustrated.

It's not 'gossip' btw. It's called inductive reasoning. Harden last season had a rigorous off-season with team USA which helped him stay in tip top shape. This season he had no commitments. He is known as a holywood celeb who loves clubbing. His body fat percentage isn't as low as other elite guards in the league. He is off to an atrocious start. You can see the lift in his jumper is smaller. You can see that he isn't going by his man as consistently. He looks a step slower. Inductive reasoning suggests that with all these inferences, he probably didn't keep himself in great shape over the off-season. There COULD be other reasons. He did have a contusion on his knee during the pre-season which could slow him down for a month also.

2. fchowd0311

And when rational fans know how tight the Western Conference is, they should.

In the West, the Rockets can't just 'wait' on James Harden to be in mid-season shape. They need to be playing almost .700 ball from the beginning if they want a top 3 seed. I thought we wanted this team to go all the way this season??

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He definitely looks slower than last year. I don't know how much of it is confidence, but last year he started off shooting poorly but was so damn good everywhere else, breaking down defenses with ease, playing solid defense, and attacking the rim much more at a more prolific pace.

I'm sure he will eventually get it together, but it's really disappointing because we will likely lose more games due to him not being in shape and we just can't afford that at this point.

4. Panda23

Panda23 Member

fat turd buglar

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

His lazy passing, we need to get Ty the ball more often until Harden gets into shape.

DD

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Silly question but for you guys who play ball a lot can changing shoes **** with your shot. Like a mental thing ?

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I feel like we have gone through this before and someone came in and dropped all sorts tweets, quotes and articles proving in fact he does a ton of work in the offseason.

What's funny is you and so many others are so quick to jump to the reasoning that paints Harden in a negative light and just brush off what would be a more likely and reasonable reason for an early slump(injury). The thirst people have to hate on Harden around here is just crazy. Bad game? Oh he for sure had to be out partying the night before, he just doesn't care like other players. It can't ever just be a bad night.

And if you ask me there's no thing to point at that's causing the slow start. Sometimes it's just a slow start and some poor shooting. No need to dig deeper.

1 person likes this.
  8. Rox23

Rox23 Member

The posters who don't mind the way Harden is playing right now, and aren't too worried because, hey, he'll get his act together sooner or later, because he's James Harden!...are fans who would be content with an 8th seed, facing GS in the first round of the playoffs and an early exit. Even if over the course of the season we lose 8-10 which we should have won because Harden wasn't his usual self...no way we get home court in the playoffs. Just sayin'.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

This. It's nauseating to come here after a WIN only to find the board full of threads started by people who are clearly upset about the outcome.

Some of you were obviously hoping the Magic could pull out a close one to give more substance to your middle-school-girl whining and crying.

1 person likes this.
  10. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

While I agree, Harden has always been somewhat of a lazy passer. Harden isn't Curry or Kobe or any "typical PG/SG". He has his own style of play. Some people like it and some don't. Some will say he's lazy and parties and bangs hookers and is fat, but I will support him regardless because he's a rocket and he's proven to be good. He also isn't a trouble maker, cancer to the team, getting arrested or beating women. So he can have a slump and I won't be crying wolf immediately.

11. dje243

dje243 Member

Clutchfans came to camp out of shape. When will Clutchfans be in mid season form? Good threads... Where are you?

12. fchowd0311

Naww... I rather the team win a ring and at this pace they aren't even making the damn playoffs.

13. Rox23

Rox23 Member

I'm glad you're so excited about an overtime win at home against the Magic. We should be beating teams like that by 20 points (like we did last year). A lot of fans here want the Rox this year to win the Western Conference and go to the Finals, not just beat lowly East teams by a point and be a good, but not great, team. Our standard is higher than yours is, evidently.

14. davidio840

How are they not making the playoffs being 1 game out of first place barely into the season? What drugs are you on? Are you a psychic?

15. ibm

ibm Member

sure you can. hook up your device to a printer and print it on paper.

just sayin'.

:p

16. davidio840

Stop being so simple minded and ignorant. We have a new PG, it takes a little bit to get into rythym and build chemistry. You can see that is starting to happen if you watch the games. Lawson is feeling more comfortable where he is. Harden is obviously struggling but he will be fine. It's stupid people like you that jump to conclusions 5 games into an 82 game season. This isn't the NFL dude.

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

That 3 he shot at the end of the 4th quarter from the elbow was so off. It was like 5 ft to the left of the rim. Also hate his body language demanding the ball from Ty. Stop being selfish and let Ty run the offense sometimes too.

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

When your team is in an obvious slump, you take a one-point win and move on to the next game.

Trolls, on the other hand, jump on any reason to stir up sh!te.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Statements like this are ridiculous. Did the rockets lose today? Sounds like from you they did. Theyre one win away from being .500 with 77 games left in the season. Take a good look at that number 77. Meaning its a long season. But apparently theyre not even making the damn playoffs. Thats stupid. Theres so much more wrong with your posts but honestly its not that serious at this point to even go further. If you wanna continue on sulking like the rockets dont know they have work to do then go ahead. Most of us will be enjoying getting back in the win column. Calm down

20. dje243

dje243 Member

Well OKC did this too so I think a lot of people are underestimating ORL at this point. They're a solid team. We split the series with them last year and if I remember correctly things went fairly well for us in the postseason.