1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

Tillman + Landry's = Dog water

2. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

I say again. 8 seasons of no playoffs. One second round appearance. Injury prone superstars. Perpetual 9th seed for 3 straight years. I say "shitshow" is an apt description.

I'd **** over Yao if we're going to **** over Harden. For a results oriented place it's asinine how much deifying this guy gets despite being a bigger failure than Harden. But hey, he's such a good guy and dogged warrior so it's alright.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Well he did the best he could do. Thanks for everything James. Good luck and good riddance.

Hakeemtheking and raining threes like this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Your also **** all over Morey too lol, those teams BARELY missed the playoffs. The Rockets were always competitive, not some garbage tier Knicks team.

I didn't **** all over Harden I just said the Rockets had good years before him and factually, they did. I'll never forget Yao smacking the Lakers his last playoffs without Tmac and just him and Artest. If Yao didn't break his foot, no doubt they go deeper, if not the finals. He put it all together.

But hey. Rockets were just complete garbage tier **** show until Harden came along.

5. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

I started following the Rockets with the Steve/Cuttino duo. You are correct with the bolded part.
    Harden era is my Rockets' golden years considering Yao Ming is my favorite Rocket.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That was satire.

The Rockets were never garbage tier, they did tank for Yao, sure. Once Yao/Mac era was over, they were a rebuilding team that still competed for playoffs.

The Rockets are one of the most storied franchises in the NBA, all-time greats have put on this jersey and they are always relevant. Hakeem, Malone, Clyde, Barkley, Yao, CP3, Harden, Tmac, Dwight, I know I'm cutting out a lot and I'm not getting on you but I'm tired of people acting like we're the Magic or Wolves or something and once Harden goes we're just nothing forever and ever.

No, we're not the Celtics or Lakers that have had multiple dynasties but if you cut out ring count for franchises (Because Spurs-Bulls are only relevant when you mention Timmy and MJ) we stack up with any other franchise.

7. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

I can relate to this but Im not bout to shed a tear for James. I was 5 and 6 years old when The Rockets won there first 2 and I can’t lie man I’m more disappointed then sad because the fact at what Hakeem done for this city on and off the court..The Rockets should’ve gave the dream a proper farewell instead of letting him walk to Toronto, I understand it’s business but at the same time I think that screwed this franchise for quite some time. I’m glad the Rockets clean there wounds with Hakeem though because that man never quitted on his team..I love James Harden but he kinda burnt his legacy with what he pull at the press conference, he really showed his true colors and this is not the first time he quit on this team a few times no lie James had plenty of opportunities to win it all

#47 Roxfan4lyfe, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    Rocket River likes this.
  8. LeoUnot

LeoUnot Member

Thanks for the memories. Franchise player for damn near the last decade, James Harden is the second best Rockets player ever behind Hakeem and it's not even close.

9. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Well for my Rockets' history, it isn't satire. Prior to Harden, we are not even locked in going to the playoffs. I can still recall instances where our fate of getting to the playoff hinges on the last game results of other teams! So yeah, maybe not garbage tier but still Rockets were just complete purgatory **** show until Harden came along.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They were not fine.

The system was ass.

There was either too much defense, no offense or not enough defense.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Quitters Appreciation Thread

Quit/Disappear when you needed him most.

BYE b****.

12. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

He's a quitter and quit on us several times in the playoffs. Nothing new from him. Thanks for the regular season memories, James. Time for a rebuild.

a time to chill likes this.
  13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

This is what amuses me when I see people say good riddance and they'll be glad he's gone.

They don't seem to quite grasp just what exactly comes next.

HP3, Salvy and Htown Legend like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nothing. nothing comes next. like non

HP3, snowconeman22 and Salvy like this.
  15. Salvy

Salvy Member

Thank you Harden, for ever and always our Flor....

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

at least he's consistent.

Salvy likes this.
  17. BartBurton

BartBurton Member

It's like a marriage, when one stops caring/trying it's over, no matter how hard the other keeps trying.

You don't know what comes next, but it's better than staying in something that doesn't work and it's just wasting your time.

We don't know what comes next, but whatever it is, it better starts ASAP. time to move on. Just my thoughts.

JayGoogle likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes they were fine, no one saying they were a championship team...although Yao's last playoff series he was spanking the Lakers as if they were his son...

But acting like they were garbage is 100% false. No truth in that.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

can't let this thread slip off the front page

20. J.R.

J.R. Member