1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden and the Houston Rockets are at a breaking point

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Dec 16, 2020.

1. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Last night reinforced that James is not going to change playing the way be does. Zero off ball movement or interest in the offense when he doesn't have the ball.

Ramo$e likes this.
  2. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

This was all Daryl! He knows he created this mess and walked away before it imploded.

cmoak1982 and ipaman like this.
  3. TimDuncanDonaut

Is this news story gonna hurt his trade value or nah?

DeBeards likes this.
  4. riko

riko Member

You think? They are total damage control

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao, they signed him for his talent not that he is such a nice guy which he isn't either.

Ramo$e likes this.
  6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

AND Alexander AND Tillman AND D'Antoni. They are ALL responsible for feeding this baby all the "candy" he wanted. They created this monster and now Stone and Silas are going to be stuck cleaning up this mess which is going to take YEARS. Can't wait for all the Rocketsheep here to turn against them - it would be so very typical.

Ramo$e likes this.
  7. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Too easy to blame new owner ship when this place was bowing to Harden way before Tilman bought the team. That's doesn't absolve Tilman but still Harden was going to be a big baby no matter what.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. hakeemthagreat

This is the monster Daryl MOREY created

cmoak1982, ashleyem and Ramo$e like this.
  9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I get it. I mean this isn't a unique situation to our organization anyways. It's the current NBA culture.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have nothing against a single man's life however when your co-stars auch as Paul and Westbrook are family men and cannot understand that part of his life, and majority of stars in the league have families earlier than later, then I would say go with the majority!

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  11. RocketStan

RocketStan Member

Harden’s trade value just nose dived. Sigh

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

What I can't wait for once Harden is gone, is the trade & free agency suggestions for other superstars. Folks want these ELITE NBA players and think that you're going to treat them the same as you would a 12th man and it ain't going to happen. Like EVER.

Ramo$e and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  13. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Wouldn't be surprised if after Daryl told Harden he was stepping down. He also relayed "If you don't like it after me and Mike are gone you can always request a trade". *Both evil laugh together"

Seriously though....I really thought if Harden was going to leave Daryl would at least see that through. Never thought Daryl would go first then Harden.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Did it? Since when did any of this affect his ability to but a ball in the hoop?

Ramo$e likes this.
  15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Nah... there is enough proof over the past few years to realize this is true. We have quote from many many FO folks that Harden is consulted and that goes back even before Ferntits.

Ramo$e and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  16. TimDuncanDonaut

I suppose former staff could also include the assistant coaches from last year.

TEXNIFICENT and Ramo$e like this.
  17. Rockets4Life13

Why do people think fertitta leaked this?
    Isn't it more logical that it's actually the truth and that the anonymous former rockets staffer is actually just pissed off that he had this much power and now sees the perfect moment to speak out about it?

I'm fine with being a fan of Harden but some people here are looking like Harden fans rather then rockets fans.

18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Agree. He saw the Harden s**t storm that was coming and bailed out from the mess he'd help create.

Ramo$e likes this.
  19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

LOL

watching Harden's fan finding reasons to defend their idol against angry Rockets fans just woke up to face the reality is so awesome.

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  20. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I believe Harden will be surprised and cultured shocked once he gets to his new team. Probably won't enjoy it as much as he thinks. Unless he really just want to play with friends (KD mostly).

JoeBarelyCares and JayGoogle like this.