1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden: “I’ve done everything for the city, but I don’t think it can be fixed”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 12, 2021.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Just a couple of days ago people were excited because he said “this team can do something special”

I saw through that BS. Time to move him. Cant put a guy on the court who openly said and believes his team is not good.

I have no idea how James can put on a Rockets uniform again.

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't believe this is a championship roster at all. 4-6 seed at best and then eliminated 1st or 2nd round.

I'll be crying myself to sleep tonight even though I had accepted it was over in November. He loves the City of Houston he just wants another chance to win.

Tilman will always be the culprit in the demise of this team no matter how many ways you guys try to spin it.

slothy420, mikol13, Andre0087 and 3 others like this.
  3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Welp, might as well call it...

kjayp and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I remember watching pippen and tmac quit in disgraceful ways while in a rockets uniform. I wouldn't describe anything James has done to be remotely close to that. he was an ironman, played through countless injuries, dragged terrible teams to the playoffs on his back. yes he gave it all he had. he also came up short, had chemistry issues with CP3 that closed the title window, pushed to mortgage the future for Westbrook which combined with tilman's cost cutting basically tanked the franchise causing him to want out. but none of that was how he played every game on the court. he gave it all he had, he came close, he's getting older and tilman keeps cutting costs. I don't blame him for wanting out. I'd want out too. we don't have to be mad at him for doing what's best for him. be mad at the person at the top who allowed things to get to this point.

5. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

lmao

HP3 likes this.
  6. opticon

opticon Member

Most players say this kind of stuff behind the scenes. He straight up just put it out there on video. The talking heads are going to run with this for the rest of the week.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's fair but that's just throwing down the gauntlet when he says that. He's insulting people on the team saying that in public. I haven't heard it, so I'll reverse it if this is just reports and rumors...

But him coming out and saying that means he doesn't even like these dudes to play with. It explains the chemistry issues and why this team looks so dysfunctional.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Harden has willed worse teams to the playoffs. It's hard when your best player doesn't want it. We saw what harden was doing against Portland.

slothy420 and JayGoogle like this.
  9. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

This team is good enough to get a 6th seed and lose a competitive first round, and that is if we are firing on all cylinders, or at least most of them.

I am not sure why the FO has not moved forward yet with a trade. They are obviously not getting their asking price, but at some point you have to cut bait. James heart isn't in it, and this team is not a championship contender and won't be one. It is time to let go of some of the old pieces - House, Tucker, and Harden all have to go.

Rocket River likes this.
  10. TimDuncanDonaut

That's how I read it.

HP3 and Nimo like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

We do not have the talent. Or do u mean we have the talent to make the playoffs and lose in the 1st round?

no shooting, worst wing rotation in the league, bigs that can’t defend, near the bottom in defensive rebounding as usual...this team is nowhere close to the real contenders, it never was

James.B.H, HP3 and Denovo like this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

this is the stuff people dream of from other teams. no fun when its your team.

Ramo$e likes this.
  13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Willed them to the playoffs, yes. And I agree, he would will this team to the playoffs, however it is not a championship roster.

It's depressing.

Reeko, HP3, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  14. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Exactly.

xtruroyaltyx and JayGoogle like this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So he quits. Not unlike him.

16. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

"mentally weak" coming from talentless nobodies who have never achieved a damn thing in their worthless lives

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would..... and this isn't the first time he's done it. He's done it in the playoffs a few times now.

His antics this season have been disgraceful and they've permanently destroyed any goodwill he earned here over the years.

rockets1995 likes this.
  18. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Send him to whatever team offers the best package for him period. This is about what nets the rockets the best assets available and what gives the rockets the best chance to win in the future. That is the only thing that matters.

19. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Guess people going to make excuses for Harden to mail it in too?

Keep drinking the kool-aid.

htownrox1, kjayp and Rudyc281 like this.
  20. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I mean we are starting freaking David Nwaba, he’s right.

Reeko and HP3 like this.