1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden: “I’ve done everything for the city, but I don’t think it can be fixed”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

He has not done everything he can. He’s asked for help and after one year with each person decided they needed to go. James Harden is why they dismantled the 17 team. Chris Paul rebounded after he left us, but Harden did not want to give him a chance — just like he doesn’t with Wall.

james hardens inability to work well with others is why he hasn’t won a ring. And for all the b****ing about talent, he has not once offered to take less money.

Lebron james took less money at a younger age (I think) to win his first ring. Harden wants the money more than the ring. That’s fine. It’s a business and a job. If money is your prerogative that’s a okay. But don’t lie and say you’ll do anything for a ring.
    Kd put his money where his mouth is. He sold out and joined a super team bc he wanted to win a ring, even if it meant making him look like a b****. And I say that with love, as KD and I were freshmen together. I dunked on him at Gregory gym. Not really. I have a negative vertical.

the shark and Yung-T like this.
  2. cbk41

cbk41 Member

The real question: will he still get VIP service at Treasures when hes visiting away?

Ubiquitin likes this.
  3. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Harden is soft... he wanted to play gm and messed up and now he won’t take responsibility... super wack.......

Bo6, Ben Frank and Yung-T like this.
  4. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

And somewhere in the middle lies the truth. Losing after coming so close can have a permanent effect on the teams players. It really can't be the same team, unless of course you win and avoid injuries. I think the owner inherited some issues but he also didn't do everything in his power to give the team a better shot. Yes Ariza was not worth 15 million but you needed that contract for the cap room. Yes Harden had too much power and that's a tough thing to wield when one player gets more say. The fallout from losing that finals was inevitable but here we are, just got to move on. I hope Silas gets a fair shot at coaching, and I think Stone has done the most with what we had so far. Iam on the fence with Tillman, my gut says he is too conservative to allow the moves needed to be a top contender, like the guy that buys a supercar but wants to cheap out on certain parts and can't figure out why its losing the races it almost won.

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Your argument is based on playing time.....really? LOL

In the Warriors series, he was a 20% 3 point shooter who was getting torched on defense on just about every possession which is why KD went off to score more against Ariza than he averaged for the season OR for the playoffs that year.

When you are a 3 and D guy who can't hit 3's, can't play D, and should never even attempt to dribble the ball, you quickly become the most worthless player on the roster......and that's the guy you are upset we didn't bring back?

Crazy kids.

7. SeabrookMiglla

I never cared for Harden's game to be honest...

We had our run with him and it came to and end, I'm looking forward to a rebuild.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

All you have to ask yourself is James Ennis, Danuel House, David Nwaba, Jasean Tate, James Nunnaly better than Ariza... Answer is no and that's why you resign him.

Also coulda traded him for Oubrez

D-rock likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure the answer is no, I think those guys could shoot 20% from 3 and play no defense whatsoever just like Ariza

10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Not even sure why you keep throwing out 20%. He was a 37% three point shooter that season. If any those other guys could do that we wouldn't be 3-6 and Harden wouldn't have just quit.

D-rock likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When it mattered he was a 20% 3 point shooter and the worst player on the roster. Had he been a quality player, the Rockets would have won a championship.... but he was washed.

He played no defense and was worthless on offense in the Warriors series. Just about anyone could give the Rockets that

12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

He was asked to play way too many minutes and chase around 2 MVPs. Of course he had no legs and couldn't shoot straight by game 7. Rockets really shoulda just rested everyone game 6 might have had a different outcome.

13. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

**** Harden. I hope Brooklyn loses every game and he ****ing rots there.

sushimaster likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So someone else can use the exact same excuse for being worthless too

15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

You are clearly blind if you are still defending Tillman after the Harden trade today. Why did we give up Levert, Allen and Prince? If we were actually trying to compete those three guys fit glaring holes on our team but hey we got expiring contracts in Exum and Oladipo. Neither of which will resign in Houston. But Tillman's MVP Luxury Tax Savings is back!!

But of course this must be Hardens fault right?

D-rock likes this.
  16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

maybe. but that doesn't discount that what he did here on the court over the past decade makes him the second best rocket of all time. if the team couldn't put a contender together for the past 3 seasons with an MVP in his prime then that's on the organization failing the superstar as much as the superstar acting like an egomaniac.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Him disgracing himself by quitting on the team multiple times over the course of several years along with his antics this year make him nothing but an embarrassing skid mark in Rockets history, one best forgotten.

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

not sure many will agree with this but you're entitled to your opinion. I don't want to forget the 65 win season, watching an MVP in his prime in a rockets jersey, 2 WCFs, the unguardable tour, the 60 point and 50 point tripple doubles, and all the countless records broken while wearing our jersey. I'm going to remember all of the joy it was to watch him do that for us. I don't have to like him as a person off the court, we're never going to hang out, but it was brilliant to watch him on the court. from all of the growing pains in the beginning to being the best in the league. an amazing ride I choose to remember.

Richie_Rich, Zboy and jiggyfly like this.
  19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Why the f would we want to compete right now. That's the exact opposite of what we should do.