1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden: “I’ve done everything for the city, but I don’t think it can be fixed”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

people just making sh*t up now

bitter ex syndrome

jiggyfly and HP3 like this.
  2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Wood was a decent move, but the roster sucks. They are too small. All of the wing players are too damn small (all are 6'5 & under) to defend big wing players. ELITE wings are going to eat us alive all year. Additionally, these guys are sub par ball handlers and mediocre shooters. Silas is a rookie coach who hasn't figured out yet that spreading the ball to these guys may not be a good thing. Nobody boxes out, they give up waay too many easy baskets, the midgets have a hard time rebounding & closing out on shooters. They have a deeply flawed roster, a rookie HC, a rookie GM and a unhappy star. The easiest thing to do is to trade James, which NEEDS TO HAPPEN ASAP. But this roster isn't competitive.

Rocket River and Nook like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Westbrook didn't leave because of James Harden.

Paul is gone in large part because the owner wanted him gone. He complained that it was the worst contract in the NBA and he rammed through the trade.

MDA left because he was treated like **** by the owner of the team.

Daryl Morey left because he was sick of dealing with an owner that was toxic and not serious about winning.

No one likes working for Tilman.

Don't worry Harden will be gone soon, and the organization will be worse than ever and then I am sure you will find some other excuse.

Poonwalker, jiggyfly, HP3 and 5 others like this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You don't know what /s means huh?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The roster sucks because it is based on the false premise that James Harden is a superstar caliber player.

If you swap him out with a real superstar, this same roster would be one of the better ones in the West. I agree that James needs to be traded, mostly because it'll mean the fake Rockets fans will leave and follow him elsewhere. Cut the cancer out and let the franchise start to heal.

Ramo$e likes this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

So which star would make THIS roster (of 6'4 forwards) a championship contender? I'll wait...............

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I not even sure why Im in this group. Its not a Houston fan site its a Harden cult. You guys are just delusional and its just ignore everything Harden does. MDA was not happy when they traded Paul, Harden demanded Westbrook and was not getting along with Paul. HOW IS THAT JUST TILLMAN'S FAULT. You people are just delusional cult members.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, obviously Lebron, but basically any real superstar caliber player would make this exact roster at minimum a team with a shot at making a deep playoff run.

Harden is by far the biggest problem with the team, he's actively sabotaging it.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Curry would make this offense far more effective and efficient. Mainly because he's so versitile in how he can be played. Silas could fully implement the offense he desires with Curry.

I think up and comers like Tatum would be easier to work with for Silas also. Lebron is obvious. And then there are a lot of players who on paper might be statistically lead impressive than Harden over their respective careers but would make the Rockets better just by improving chemistry and buying in.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not so much that, it's that certain people are just blinded by hatred when it comes to the owner due to non-basketball reasons. Otherwise intelligent and insightful posters devolve into dribble as a result.

11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

John Wall said everything about Harden after the game that I said DURING THE GAME. Harden was not trying to play this team would be good if he did. He quit and yet youre not allowed to say that here or youre a hater. What type of "Houston" fan site is this lol

Outlier and bmelo like this.
  12. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Tilman forced the Westbrook trade after Morey and the FO said it was a terrible idea.

HP3 likes this.
  13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Lebron would NEVER play for a team that had this roster. He doesn't do bad rosters which is why he ALWAYS signs short term deals. You give LBJ a roster like this and he would bolt. So again which star? STill waiting.......

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. JW86

JW86 Member

Wow that definitely sounds like a farewell. Him saying it’s crazy and it can’t be fixed is definitely about the team changes, coach and just the whole relationship with the organisation. He just doesn’t want to put in the effort anymore. Bench him I’d say.

15. bmelo

bmelo Member

Harden forced it and Tilman said yes to Harden don't mix it up

Joe Rocket likes this.
  16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

IT'S WHAT HARDEN WANTED. So basically you're just gonna leave that part out lol

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Harden wanted it. It was a move to appease him. When Harden said "I know exactly what we need to do" right after being eliminated, he was referring to CP3, the man who got him closest to winning a ring as a Rocket.

Honestly, Harden cares more about playing his style than winning a ring hence why he wanted to kick out CP3 because CP3 wanted some traditional off ball movement implemented.

Joe Rocket and Bobbythegreat like this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure he would, and they'd make a deep playoff run. Just about any real superstar player in place of Harden and this team is at minimum a solid playoff team. Of course, you feel you have to run them down to fluff Harden and deflect blame from your guy. I get it.....I'm just not buying it.

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

That was as close as CP3 got too. They just lost to a better team.

20. verysimplejason

He'll not be able to fix the problem because he's the main problem.

Joe Rocket and Bobbythegreat like this.