1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden: “I’ve done everything for the city, but I don’t think it can be fixed”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 12, 2021.

1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Not true. I think most of us are hoping the Rockets suck because we want Tillman to sell the team. Hoping they suck is for the greater good. We can't win with an owner like him.

Also us sucking means we get our picks back from Westbrook trade.

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

You tell me...

Joe Rocket and BossHogg713 like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think there's some people who hate the franchise due to their non-basketball feelings about the owner, but those people are few in numbers and kind of jokes no one should take seriously.

JayGoogle likes this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You can say that's not true for yourself but I've seen posts that allude they can't wait for the Rockets to suck so Harden they can roll back over here and do their "I TOLD YOU SO!"

5. Rockets4Life13

These people will not be seen here once harden is gone. They will pop up on the boards of whatever team Harden is ending up on.

But sadly for them, CF is the BEST board there is

daywalker02 and JayGoogle like this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Harden and House for Beal/Bryant and Ish Smith

7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

My hate towards Tillman is all basketball related. Has nothing to do with anything outside of Basketball. He's a terrible owner and is running our team into the ground.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No it's not because there's essentially no basis for basketball related hate towards him. By far the worst thing he has done as owner is try to pacify the team's best player when he should have told him to shut the hell up and stay in his lane. Unfortunately he listened to Harden, and agreed to his demands and that destroyed the team.

I'd bet he learns from that mistake and never does it again.

The same people who whine about Fertitta trying to pacify Harden would he whining if he told Harden to shut up and dribble because then the loser would have simply pulled this same BS a year sooner.

htwnbandit likes this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If you think the Rockets sucking will lead to Tilman selling the team, you are sorely mistaken, my friend.

The Rockets sucking is preferable to Tilman. It's an excuse to lower payroll.

joshuaao and daywalker02 like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think we shall be the bigger person.

I was getting rebuttals when I said Harden would coast games....guess what.

JayGoogle likes this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I dislike him both ON and OFF the court. He knows nothing about sports but sure does love his ego. I'm sure he's happy to have lap dogs like you kissing his butt though.

This team continues to get worse each year he's in charge. Everyone quits on him, not just Harden. Nobody likes to work for him. Because he's a toxic person. He's a fish out of water in the NBA.

But hey, good news for you, they have blue jerseys now. Congrats!

HP3 likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Your hatred for him off the court is primary though. You view everything through the least charitable interpretation due to that blinding hatred.

There was really nothing he could have done to keep this team together, he bent over backwards to make Harden happy and all it did was destroy the team. If he had refused to do so, Harden would have just pulled his BS earlier. When your best player is an overly entitled, lazy, dumb, POS, you are kind of screwed.

What Harden lacks in character and intelligence negates his immense talent.

13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Harden may have asked for the Westbrook trade, but what about all the other trash moves Tillman has done.

Soo Harden asked the team to trade away their last 3 first round picks for luxury tax savings?
    Harden asked the team to dump Ariza who played 40 minutes a game for us and replace him with league minimum castoffs?
    What about Westbrook complaint of COVID 19 protocols Tillman was too cheap to pay for?
    Harden is the reason Morey just up and quit cuz he hated his job?
    Harden is the reason Dantoni got pissed and left?
    With Les around we use to buy second round picks every year and got some great value contracts from them. With Tillman around we didnt do anything?

A team is made up of more than just stars. ANd the role players is where we are severely lacking and that is all on Tillman inability to want to spend money. Tillman only cares about Money and not winning. He blew up our championship roster in 1 season.

Like cmon dude. Are you related to Tillman Fertita?

HP3, francis 4 prez and Sacudido like this.
  14. AXG

AXG Member

That's a shame, because I honestly felt the new additions would have make the team more competitive. Granted, all of the losses came against quality teams and were close except for the Lakers games. However if Harden wants out, there's nothing that can be done to salvage the situation at this point.

15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

My thinking is if we suck soo much and Tillman is broke. No one buys jerseys or attends games he will be forced to sell the team. Can you imagine if he traded away 4 first round picks to dump John Walls contract.. I can totally see him doing this too.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ariza was the worst player on the roster during that playoff series against the Warriors, he was completely washed. Bringing him back would have just locked in another terrible player who didn't belong on an NBA court.

Westbrook is a hypocrite and a liar. There's videos and pictures all over the place of him running around in large groups without wearing a mask and yet he has the audacity to whine about COVID protocols? LOL GTFOH.

Harden forcing the Westbrook trade, overruling Morey and destroying everything Morey tried to build is why Morey quit on the team.

MDA was a garbage coach. He got pissed because he wasn't going to get a new contract.

With Les, we'd be in exactly the same situation because the primary problem the team has is who Harden is as a person.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nah. Listen to the 99'ers. It wasn't just Harden that quit. Morey left. MDA left. Westbrook left. Anyone with dignity wanted out. The only person who wants to stay here is just trying to salvage his ****, gang-sign-laden, failure of a career.

Enjoy your beloved Tilman era. You wont see success. Unless it's measured in hot dog sales and parking lot revenue.

18. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Harden, Westbrook, and Kyrie making the league look foolish.

19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Are you a Rockets fan? holy ****.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Way to move those goalpost, my guy.