1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden: “I’ve done everything for the city, but I don’t think it can be fixed”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 12, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Guy snuck out because Fertitta pressured him due to his tweet.

2. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Nah guy was planning this before. You think he is stupid? Since he tweeted that he has been wanting out.
    He planned that tweet. He was the gm for the Houston Rockets. One of the most famous franchise in China and they had a good relationship.
    Everyone knows how the Chinese government is regarding any criticism of them.
    A gm would be dumb to tweet anything about it. Unless the have been very vocal before.
    It came out of nowhere and with their relationship it was obvious it was going to have bigger consequences.

it was obvious he wanted to get fired but congress and some senators prevented the NBA from punishing Morey in anyway.

gave Eric that extension too and has done a lot of bad moves too. We forget because he got us Harden.

Ramo$e, BigShasta and daywalker02 like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I'd rather believe he got more incompetent than being evil and sabotaging because he hated Tilman.

Ramo$e likes this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

I don’t know what this offense is supposed to look like though. Even that hand without Harden in Sac our offense didn’t look good. What is Harden not doing here? If he quit I’ll be mad and he can go but I’m struggling to see what’s going wrong here besides Harden not averaging 30

5. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I added something more. After I posted that.

Well I didn’t want to believe it but every move Morey made last year was just dumb. I’m sure he isn’t stupid. That tweet about Harden was planned too. He had never used that app before and all of the sudden it tweets a random tweet about Harden.

It’s not evil, he wanted to fck Tilman but by doing that he messed up the Rockets too.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think he had at least plan B and C on how he wanted to turn around his career.

I do think his hands were tight and he took on bigger risks.

Who let him draft Royce White though? That was a bad move before Harden.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Harden was giving about 60% effort all night. Didn't seem to care.

Funny he says this now. Not like he put up 60/20/10 and we lost...

tinman, Ramo$e and daywalker02 like this.
  8. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

Trade the loser!

Ramo$e and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. the shark

the shark Member

"Done everything for the city"?

"Can't be fixed"?

How about the team has done "everything" they could to appease you.

You wanted CP3.....team made it happen.
    Made it to WCF and yes it sucked CP3 got hurt but you couldn't make it work with him so you wanted him gone.

What was it you said? "I know what we need to do"?

Which was trading for your good friend RW.
    Team mortgaged their future by trading numerous #1 picks to again appease YOU!!

How long did that last?
    ONE FREAKING SEASON!!

So sorry dip **** you are one of the big reasons it's broken and can't be "fixed".

Not the only reason but a big one.

And you've done "EVERYTHING" for the city?

Get the F out of here with this BULLSHIT!!

You don't want to be here don't let the door hit your big ass on the way out.

And for those of you who use the "we'll never have a player like him again" excuse.

Let me put it to you PU$$Y$ this way. Say you're married to a FREAKING hot woman. A woman that turns heads as she walks by. You give her EVERYTHING thing she wants. A bigger house, you sell off a bunch of assets in order to make it happen (to appease her). Then one day she says to you "I want a divorce". "I want and deserve more". "I want a bigger ring and I'm not going to get that with you".

Than she pouts and just goes through the motions. Goes to parties without you. Makes it VERY clear she's done with you and the marriage.

You going to BEG this B!$CH to stay with you?

You going to grovel to some woman because she's hot and you might not find another as FREAKING hot???

Have some damn DIGNITY and kick this loser b!%ch to the curb.

Ok they're waiting for the right package. Fine!

But this prima dona is out of here and Rockets fans and this city sure aren't going to beg him to stay.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You look at him play. He's fat. He's slower than ever. He's just not that appealing. Go to any team message board or subreddit that might have a shot at Harden and almost all of them are like "yuck".

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Harden was just being honest, he is in a no win situation, if he says "no comment, he gets blasted, if he reponds like he did today......he still gets blasted

Rocket River likes this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We should of traded him before the season like I said.

Couldn't have James one foot in and one foot out.

It sent a bad message to the team.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

“We can do something special...”

LOL

Ramo$e, Nimo, gatsby and 2 others like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we'll know a lot more about this team after these two games with the Lakers :rolleyes:

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

trollolololol

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Fans are funny, they are always upset when players give typical **** answers, but the moment they are honest about the team when they suck, holy **** you guys lose it lol.

It's like one of those situations, "you can't handle the truth" lol. The Rockets look like absolute dog ****, it's just the truth. The role players cannot hit open threes most of the time. It just makes it incredibly easy to just pack the paint and let them attempt to beat you from the three.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I hope this puts an end to the "if we win tonight, maybe Harden will want to stay" stuff that some of you have been saying. It was always ridiculous but I admired your positivity in a way. But now, let's all just accept the facts. He's leaving. He doesn't want to be here. That won't change.

18. Outlier

Outlier Member

How the **** is this quote defensible?

No leader would ever say such a thing.

Pathetic that people are saying he's just being "honest".

When you're married, you wouldn't ever say **** like "this can't be fixed".

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

It absolutely sounds bad. No excuses on that. I am obviously in the very tiny minority that doesn't think it means "he quit". Everybody seems to think that. With the context of the off season and preseason rumors,I get that. But if we didn't have that, we could have read this as a plea to ownership to get him more help. Or just a horrible case of a bad post game conference after bad losses.

JayGoogle likes this.
  20. Nimo

Nimo Member

Don't mean to pick on your analogy but married couples DO say that. And then they go to counseling or to their lawyers.