1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden: “I’ve done everything for the city, but I don’t think it can be fixed”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dont you have a siege you need to prepare for?

Dont forget to livestream it and not wear a mask.

3. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

lol

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Remember when CF thought MDA could not make enough in game adjustments?

Here is an example of not having a clue about ATO or in game adjustments really looks like.

And Wall-Wood PnR is an ugly mess.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  5. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

When you let Harden run the point and the space floor, you're a dangerous team. That's why I said we'd be a better team if Harden ran the point and had decent spot-up shooters. They would either have to double-team him or let him have his way with the isolation.

Even when Westbrook couldn't shoot, he would always attack the basket or pass it out quickly. Wall tends to slow it down. People complained that Harden would waste 20 seconds of the shot clock, but with Harden it would lead to something most of the time. With Wall, it doesn't lead anywhere most of the time.

Silas is trying to force a Harden and Wall partnership just so it suits his style. It will never work because they're totally different players. Harden is more dangerous with the ball in his hands than off it.

#365 aliadiere25, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    D-rock likes this.
  6. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Works regular season. Not in playoffs.
    Oh wait Lakers beat MDA Rockets too.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not in regular season.

But keep repeating those lies, the sheeple will follow you eventually.

And I'm not sure how brain damaged you are but try to process this - there is NO postseason unless you win enough in the regular season.

8. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

We probably would have beaten the Lakers if Westbrook wasn't so garbage. He had a 4v3 situation on most possession but couldn't take advantage of it. He also kept getting so many silly turnovers.

harold bingo likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets haven't really looked very in sync all seasons - they look like a bunch of guy who are playing together for the first time. It's really bad on both ends of the court.

These losses don't show much for the Rockets but I still think it's very early. So far the offense has been a big disappointment and you do have to wonder if Silas is up to the task based on what is seen on the floor. It doesn't look like an NBA team. The Rockets seem to be worse in every category which doesn't make sense.

Harden was speaking the truth and clearly frustrated. What I don't understand is why Silas changed the offense so much versus starting from what Harden knows best and slowly tweaking it away from that bit by bit. Seems he threw out what was working and that has resulted in this mess.

HP3 and harold bingo like this.
  10. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Regular season is as good as practice. They don't win you this ship'.

11. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

12. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I think this is a much fairer criticism of Silas.

It's unfortunate Harden wouldn't show up or communicate with either his coach or teammates. All of these things could have potentially been sorted out. They could also start sorting them out tomorrow if Harden wouldn't give up. A simple conversation about the best way to transition or experiment with new sets seems like a more productive use of Harden's time than going to Vegas and gaining 30 pounds.

The "craziness" of the Rockets season is 75% due to Harden's direct actions.

13. farhen

farhen Member

and here I was though that JB Bickerstaff 2.0 a.k.a Silas is a players coach

14. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I been saying this since last years playoffs - it basically kills us to have PJ out there and it’s why he has horrible games against good teams but will score 12-15 on corner 3s against bad teams

BigShasta and BMoney like this.
  15. bmelo

bmelo Member

But HP said he is playing as hard as always and its coaches fault

16. HP3

HP3 Member

I stand by that. The truth is you’ll never know if he’s “tanking” games because the rest of the team looks so trash out there. How do you explain Wall only lineups looking like they have been? He’s doing what the coach asked of him deferring to teammates, less iso. He’s not shooting great but he’s also not trash out there. He’s still the best offensive player. If you all really wanted to make him look stupid or make home out to be a quitter I wish everyone else didn’t suck too. But the fact is now you all want James Harden to carry when for years you’ve been saying for him to move the ball more,

17. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

That's a false choice. I don't think you have to pick between 15ppg passive Harden and 35ppg aggressive Harden. He can play with aggression on or off the ball (or he can learn to if he wasn't a headcase). He can defer to teammates as he's done in the past at times and still score in volume. He can take over in the fourth when it helps. Wall or Harden can run an offense, and likely play together effectively... much more so than Westbrook could.

Take away the best player on any team, and it's going to expose the weaker players on the team. I've seen enough basketball to not get too high or low because when you win a few good games, things look flawless, and when you have a few bad losses, things look dismal.

18. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

Bingo lol I knew once John Wall and others came back from the covid protocols James never really bought into Silas system and it’s evident.. I think when the media leak out that conversation between Harden and Curry was a front I truly believe James wanna play ISO ball for the rest of his career it’s sad bro

JayGoogle likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

The cut his isolation frequency in half. That pick and roll gets exposed because of poor spacing. And our defense is well lol. You guys want him to score when there is nowhere to go. Our spacing is bad There is no lane to drive and his 3 point shot is off. That’s not him quitting, that’s him doing what the coach asked of him. Wall and Harden lineups are bad. Wall only lineups are really REALLY bad. Harden only lineups are surprise surprise good.

See that’s what you guys don’t get, championship teams should look good or have a baseline talent even without their best player. This team looks awful from top to bottom including the coach. The Lakers tried real hard to embarrass us and they did. And no one on this team looked good. If you wanna say Harden quit or whatever you have to have something there worth quitting on, otherwise what point are you making isn’t there

#379 HP3, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  20. MadRox

MadRox Member

It'll be so funny if we traded Harden for CP3, and the CP3/Wall/Wood/Cousins win the championship this year....

BigShasta and Rocket River like this.